Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Happy April Fools! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6706)

thomas7g April 1st, 2004 05:58 AM

Happy April Fools!

I hope all of you survive today without too many pranks. :)

Me and nathan (admin of battlestargalacticaclub.com) decided as a joke we would switch forum looks for a day. Hope you all enjoy our little gag.
;)

If you want to see the red nebula today, you'll have to go to http://forums.battlestargalacticaclub.com

:laugh:

Darth Marley April 1st, 2004 06:10 AM

Wow, that was my first impession. Still looks cool.
Nathan did not change the text box colors though.

jewels April 1st, 2004 06:28 AM

Ok, you got me. Freaky!!!!!

Lurkerzrule April 1st, 2004 06:30 AM

That was just plain evil. I had to double take my favorites just to make sure I hit the right link. LMAO

kitty April 1st, 2004 07:06 AM

I like it, cant it stay for a little while, pleeeeeease! :D

thomas7g April 1st, 2004 07:10 AM

LOL! Actually this is the way Nathan's forum looks! I can't steal his design now! :D

I have to give it back. :D

kitty April 1st, 2004 07:13 AM

Thats not fair :(

thomas7g April 1st, 2004 08:37 AM

Morry Sorrell :(

but you could always visit nathan's site :)

Antelope April 1st, 2004 08:57 AM

That was great!

Before I saw the April Fools message you had me confused. I thought for a minute that maybe CF was closing down and being combined into Battlestargalacticaclub.

T.J.

shiningstar April 1st, 2004 08:58 AM

I like it :D

Gemini1999 April 1st, 2004 09:18 AM

I was soooo confused! I have to tell you though - my PC was having fits trying to process the links from the e-mail notifications - it was taking quite a while, so I gave up. It never occurred to me that it was "intentional". On a side note, I was wondering why nobody at CA made mention of the forum swap....doy!

It wasn't until I went to my bookmarks and clicked on the one I have for Fleets, then it just popped right up.

No more bloody, buggery suprises Thomas! It's been a weird week and this one really blew me away...... It really was clever!

Best,
Bryan
________
ZOLOFT SIDE EFFECTS

Rowan April 1st, 2004 09:19 AM

You are a crazy nut Thomas, staying up all night to do this! That is why we love you :love: ;) :D

you did a better job than nathan making the switch he's only done his part way ;) :D

Rowan April 1st, 2004 09:27 AM

Ok the only thing going to seriously confuse me all day is that my instant messenger thinks that all my pm's from colonial fleets are from Battlestar Galactica club , where I am a memeber as well it's going to be a fun day thanks Thomas..... :blink: ;) :D

Dawg April 1st, 2004 09:43 AM

I actually did a triple-take at the screen, and thought I'd hit the wrong shortcut.

:wtf: :blink:

Well done, guys.

:laugh: :thumbsup:

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

peter noble April 1st, 2004 10:14 AM

Wow! Ya got me good and proper!

Peter :)

Ethan April 1st, 2004 12:51 PM

Now this has got to be the greatest BSG April Fools Prank yet. . . totally harmless yet totally misleading . . .

Hats off to you Thomas . . . :thumbsup: :cool:

bsg1fan1975 April 1st, 2004 01:23 PM

I thought there was something mighty strange about the backgrounds on both sites this morning but i caught on pretty quick!

StarshipTrooper April 1st, 2004 02:17 PM

Happy April Fools Day!

Hi,

Happy April Fools Day! I hope you enjoyed the prank that Tom at Colonial Fleets and I played. Tom corrupted me at about 3 AM and we decided to trade forum designs. I changed our background, headers, and scroll bars to match the design at CF. Tom did the same, and even went further and changed his forum name and link colors to match ours. I hope you had fun, and look out, who knows what will happen next yahren!

Regards,

Nathan

amberstar April 1st, 2004 06:21 PM

You Got me Tom! Your'e the only one that did today:)
I thought for a second that I was on the wrong site, or maybe fleets had combined with BSG club.
Good prank, but............ I miss the nebula.

Amber

The 14th Colony April 1st, 2004 07:15 PM

This layout truly rocks. I love the text on black no doubt, but this is awesome. The background image is fantastic.

The 14th Colony April 1st, 2004 07:18 PM

Whoa!!! It took me this long to notice the website name. I hadn't been fooled by the layout change, I assumed that Thomas or Don simply decided on a new look and I got used to it that quickly.

StarshipTrooper April 1st, 2004 09:37 PM

Hi,

I posted screen caps at my forum. Check it out, and you can also see how Tom's design looks at my forum until 3 AM Eastern Time.

http://forums.battlestargalacticaclu...showtopic=2740

Regards,

Nathan

Rowan April 1st, 2004 09:43 PM

Nathan and Thomas :D
You guys are too funny! thanks for working so hard to give us some fun!! what are you guys doing up at 3 am I thought I was a night owl!!! :D ;)

jewels April 2nd, 2004 07:44 AM

Nathan's on the East Coast and Thomas is on the left coast. :laugh:

Rowan April 2nd, 2004 07:45 AM

Well that would certainly add to the challenge! :D ;)

thomas7g April 2nd, 2004 08:27 AM

poor nathan... I at least had three hours more sleep than him. :D

Ian_W359 April 2nd, 2004 12:54 PM

LOL!!! I checked out the screen-caps at BSGclub.com

Shame I missed it yesterday, it looked like a lot of fun!

All the best,
Ian W359