Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   family emergency (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17514)

bsg1fan1975 June 2nd, 2010 04:15 AM

family emergency

please understand and bear with me if I am not online here much but I have a family crisis going on at the moment. My older sister is in the hospital after having a heart attack that has put her in a coma and in critical condition over the weekend. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Dawg June 2nd, 2010 07:28 AM

Re: family emergency

All our prayers and best wishes are with you and your family, Arlene.

All our best.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

bsg1fan1975 June 2nd, 2010 07:32 AM

thanks Dawg.

So far we haven't heard anymore news other than she is getting a little assistance from a ventilator for breathing but mostly she is breathing on her own. They have been doing EEGs to try and find out the extent of the brain damage they found during a scan they did but so far there is no news on the severity. She hasn't been responding to pain stimuli and I'm jumping everytime my phone rings that its bad news coming.

I'm praying hard that she comes out of it and recovers.

gmd3d June 2nd, 2010 08:37 AM

your sister has my prayers and wishes for a rapid recovery

BST June 2nd, 2010 05:44 PM

Arlene,

Echoing John and Gerard, my prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.

Pete

bsg1fan1975 June 3rd, 2010 03:32 AM

thanks guys. still no change with my sister, praying that something good will happen soon. finally managed to get a full night's sleep since this whole nightmare began.

gmd3d June 3rd, 2010 06:52 AM

sorry to hear that ..... what is your sisters first name

bsg1fan1975 June 3rd, 2010 08:59 AM

her name is Polly

gmd3d June 4th, 2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975 (Post 300929)
her name is Polly

ok .. its nice to have a name ..... Polly is in my thoughts

Gerard

bsg1fan1975 June 4th, 2010 04:02 AM

Thanks Gerard

Well the news I got last night was what I have been expecting in the last few days. I was told by another family member that it wasn't a heart attack but a cerebral hemorrage that happened to my sister. Its become a matter of time at this point before she is gone. My father died from the same thing and I had been starting to suspect this was the more likely cause than a heart attack.

I want to thank everyone who has kept my family in their thoughts and prayers, it has meant so much to me in the last few days and it has kept me going knowing that I have such wonderful friends who have become more like family.

gmd3d June 4th, 2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975 (Post 300934)
Thanks Gerard

Well the news I got last night was what I have been expecting in the last few days. I was told by another family member that it wasn't a heart attack but a cerebral hemorrage that happened to my sister. Its become a matter of time at this point before she is gone. My father died from the same thing and I had been starting to suspect this was the more likely cause than a heart attack.

I want to thank everyone who has kept my family in their thoughts and prayers, it has meant so much to me in the last few days and it has kept me going knowing that I have such wonderful friends who have become more like family.

Sorry ..... I was just thinking about this before I saw your post ,,

bsg1fan1975 June 4th, 2010 04:47 AM

thanks

I'm hoping the end will come soon for her as I know she is beyond suffering and at peace. Just wish it was much later in her life and it would be easier to deal with, but she's only in her early 40s.

gmd3d June 4th, 2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975 (Post 300936)
thanks

I'm hoping the end will come soon for her as I know she is beyond suffering and at peace. Just wish it was much later in her life and it would be easier to deal with, but she's only in her early 40s.

yes I can understand .. My father has been very ill for over a year now and has faded from the man he use to be back in Ireland..... but been in her 40s is far more difficult to take much less deal with:(

is she awake and aware ??

bsg1fan1975 June 4th, 2010 05:35 AM

no. from what my mother found out from the doctor her brain wave activity is flatlined which means she is unaware of anyone being there and unresponsive to anything.

Dawg June 4th, 2010 07:31 AM

I'm very sorry to hear this. You and your family have our condolences and will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

bsg1fan1975 June 4th, 2010 01:21 PM

The news that I have been expecting just came a few minutes ago. My sister Polly is being taken off the ventilator tommorrow.

BST June 4th, 2010 02:37 PM

Arlene,

It's never easy, even when you have the expectation that it's going to happen. I, too, send my condolences and best wishes for you and your family.

:(

Pete

gmd3d June 4th, 2010 02:50 PM

our thoughts are with you ....

Damocles June 4th, 2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975 (Post 300917)
please understand and bear with me if I am not online here much but I have a family crisis going on at the moment. My older sister is in the hospital after having a heart attack that has put her in a coma and in critical condition over the weekend. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

What help do she or you need? Ask, and if its possible, it will be done.

D.

JAFO June 4th, 2010 09:08 PM

My daughter and I will be praying for you and your family. God loves you and I pray for His comfort and grace for you.

CBSG4ever June 5th, 2010 01:18 AM

Arlene,
Apologies for responding late to this thread. I have been dealing with some issues of my own lately (not health related) and missed this.
I am so very saddened and stunned to hear this news. As others have said, it is never easy to deal with something of this nature. Early 40's is just too young. Thankfully she is not in any pain or suffering.
My sincerest condolences to you and your family during this most difficult time. I wish there was more I could say or do to help you through this. If you ever need to talk to someone, you can count me as one you can turn to if needed. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. May God comfort your family and her friends.
Don't forget, we are here for you.

Sarika June 5th, 2010 09:50 PM

Forgive me, i haven't been on the Fleets for some days and just saw your post Arlene. I wish to express my deepest condolences to you and your family.
I am saddened to read about your sister and can only imagine what you must be feeling at this time.
I do know how loss feels though.

Please know that I also send you my prayers and heartfelt wishes that you take comfort in the belief that she will be at peace and the great spirit will embrace her.

Truly sorry to hear your news, hon.:(

If you need an ear, we are all here for you, sis.:salute:
Hugs...
And you don't forget to look after yourself too.

bsg1fan1975 June 6th, 2010 05:37 AM

Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts and prayers in this difficult time. I thought I should let you all know that Polly is at peace now. She passed away last night at 6:15 my time.

gmd3d June 6th, 2010 07:01 AM

My Heart felt condolences on your loss.

Damocles June 6th, 2010 07:02 AM

I'm so sorry about this news. What can I do to help your family and you? Prayers we can offer, but what else?

D.

Athene June 6th, 2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975 (Post 300956)
Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts and prayers in this difficult time. I thought I should let you all know that Polly is at peace now. She passed away last night at 6:15 my time.

I was very saddened to hear about your sisters passing. You and your family are in my thoughts, heart and prayers. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

bsg1fan1975 June 7th, 2010 03:42 AM

Thanks to everyone for supporting me and my family in our most difficult time. I don't think we could have gotten through this without you all. Words cannot say how much I was shocked to know what good friends I have here. I will let you know if there is anything you can do for me.

Sarika June 7th, 2010 10:18 PM

We all mean it, Arlene. Fleets family are all here for you.

Again, my condolences to you and your family.

Just know, that she isn't in any pain, she'll be with many angels and they will always take good care of her. In fact she's in her divine form once again. In perfect form and joy. :wings:

Hugs to you hon.

bsg1fan1975 June 8th, 2010 04:08 AM

You guys are the greatest. Please keep her husband, daughter and 2 boys in your thoughts as they try to recover from her loss.

I kept the many messages I got from all my friends online from my various forums and it kept me going. I know she's where she should be and that she's been reunited with our loved ones that have gone before us. Most likely our dad and grandparents on both sides were there to greet her arrival.

jewels June 8th, 2010 12:16 PM

Arlene, sorry to hear of your loss. Will pray for the family.
Jewels