Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
Hows Rosie?

Kitty tries the distraction technique to get the thread back. :)

tee hee! :D

Rosey is doing better. She still isn't putting full weight on her one back leg yet, but she is testing it out some. Still treating her ears with the medication we have for that. Still giving her oral medication as well. Sneaking that to her in peanut butter on bread treats.

kitty April 16th, 2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! :D

Rosey is doing better. She still isn't putting full weight on her one back leg yet, but she is testing it out some. Still treating her ears with the medication we have for that. Still giving her oral medication as well. Sneaking that to her in peanut butter on bread treats.

I am glad to hear that she is on the mend.
At the moment I am looking after my mums 2 dogs as well as my 4. My house feels like Battersea Dog Home. My mums dog has a really nasty ear infection which I am having to treat, and she hates it.
Kitty nabs the thread! :)

unowhoandwhy April 16th, 2004 04:28 PM

What would dog owners do without peanut butter. If I am going to be away for a long period of time I will take the dogs' Kong toys and fill them with a mix of peanut butter and kibble and then freeze it overnight. Keeps the little furballs busy all day trying to get the last little bit of peanut butter out of the bottom of he Kong.

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
What would dog owners do without peanut butter. If I am going to be away for a long period of time I will take the dogs' Kong toys and fill them with a mix of peanut butter and kibble and then freeze it overnight. Keeps the little furballs busy all day trying to get the last little bit of peanut butter out of the bottom of he Kong.

LMAO! I hadn't thought about doing that. :) Will have to try that sometime to see how Rosey like it.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

unowhoandwhy April 16th, 2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
My mums dog has a really nasty ear infection which I am having to treat, and she hates it.

My puppy actually begs me to clean his ears out with Q-Tips if he sees me cleaning my ears. It's great because floppy=eared dogs are more prone to ear infections and he has never had a problem. The cleanest ears in town!

kitty April 16th, 2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
What would dog owners do without peanut butter. If I am going to be away for a long period of time I will take the dogs' Kong toys and fill them with a mix of peanut butter and kibble and then freeze it overnight. Keeps the little furballs busy all day trying to get the last little bit of peanut butter out of the bottom of he Kong.

I have never tried my dogs on peanut butter. I dont think Peanut butter is as popular in Britain as it is in the states.
For medication I use pate, or just chuck down their throat if that fails.
As for putting it in the kong, I might give that a go. Is it messy?

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
My puppy actually begs me to clean his ears out with Q-Tips if he sees me cleaning my ears. It's great because floppy=eared dogs are more prone to ear infections and he has never had a problem. The cleanest ears in town!

tee hee! Rosey will let ya play with her ears some. We know when her ears are bothering her when she starts trying to use one of her front paws to scratch her ear a little.

kitty April 16th, 2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
My puppy actually begs me to clean his ears out with Q-Tips if he sees me cleaning my ears. It's great because floppy=eared dogs are more prone to ear infections and he has never had a problem. The cleanest ears in town!

Two of my dogs are the same, one of my greyhounds loves his teeth cleaned and will follow me when I do mine, waiting for his turn.
With my mums dog, I think her ear is so sore at the moment she wants no one near it.

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
Two of my dogs are the same, one of my greyhounds loves his teeth cleaned and will follow me when I do mine, waiting for his turn.
With my mums dog, I think her ear is so sore at the moment she wants no one near it.

tee hee! Some doggies can be just as picky on hygene. :)

Hope your able to treat your mums dog's ear with something to get it to feeling better soon.

kitty April 16th, 2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! Some doggies can be just as picky on hygene. :)

Hope your able to treat your mums dog's ear with something to get it to feeling better soon.

She has ear drops from the vets. It is just fun and games grabbing and pining her down 3 times a day to do it!
Then one of mine gets jealous and wants to have there ears played with.
I do think dogs are just like kids! :)

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
She has ear drops from the vets. It is just fun and games grabbing and pining her down 3 times a day to do it!
Then one of mine gets jealous and wants to have there ears played with.
I do think dogs are just like kids! :)

tee hee! Yep, dogs & kittys think they are children as well majority of the time. :) Rosey knows who to come to for her spoiling & for her treats. :)

thomas7g April 16th, 2004 04:52 PM

Tommy pop in to take the ~~~~~~~~

:)

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 04:54 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread from ya thomas7g! :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kitty April 16th, 2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! Yep, dogs & kittys think they are children as well majority of the time. :) Rosey knows who to come to for her spoiling & for her treats. :)

Have you ever seen an animal that is embarassed?
It can be quite entertaining. A few examples spring to mind.
It just shows you how developed their personalities are.

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
Have you ever seen an animal that is embarassed?
It can be quite entertaining. A few examples spring to mind.
It just shows you how developed their personalities are.

Haven't seen an animal that is embarassed yet. I have though come in close contact so to speak with a couple deers one night on my way home from work.

kitty April 16th, 2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
Haven't seen an animal that is embarassed yet. I have though come in close contact so to speak with a couple deers one night on my way home from work.

LOL :)
There was this persian cat that had to be shaved because his coat was matted, he was embarrassed, whenever he was out, you could see him checking if anyone was watching, if he thought that there was not, he would sneak out, and run, ducking from car to car, bush to bush. If he thought someone was he would not go out.

We had this cat that was once Tom of the street, a right hard nut, and no cats (or dogs) would mess with him. But there was a rabbit that was of that giant breed that was not scared of him, it was also very much 'the buck', which lived in the garden opposite. Rabbits have a repution of randiness, and this one certainly was no exception and lived up to it. ;)
Well to cut a long story short (and censor it a tad), The rabbit got 'hold' of our ginger Tom, when he finally got away, he was so embarrassed (and probably traumatised), it was a long time before he held his tail high!

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
LOL :)
There was this persian cat that had to be shaved because his coat was matted, he was embarrassed, whenever he was out, you could see him checking if anyone was watching, if he thought that there was not, he would sneak out, and run, ducking from car to car, bush to bush. If he thought someone was he would not go out.

We had this cat that was once Tom of the street, a right hard nut, and no cats (or dogs) would mess with him. But there was a rabbit that was of that giant breed that was not scared of him, it was also very much 'the buck', which lived in the garden opposite. Rabbits have a repution of randiness, and this one certainly was no exception and lived up to it. ;)
Well to cut a long story short (and censor it a tad), The rabbit got 'hold' of our ginger Tom, when he finally got away, he was so embarrassed (and probably traumatised), it was a long time before he held his tail high!

LMAO!!! :) Hope he is holding his tail high now.

kitty April 16th, 2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
LMAO!!! :) Hope he is holding his tail high now.

I must add that it was only his pride that was hurt and no penetration (am I allowed to say it? I will edit it out if its not) occured.
This all happened 20 years ago. so unfortunately he is no more. Needless to say, he was a right character, and he would bully the dog off its dinner to eat it, while the dog watched. On his way home sulking, he did hit the dog as he passed, just as a naughty child would lash out. I do miss him.

holodoc2000 April 16th, 2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
I must add that it was only his pride that was hurt and no penetration (am I allowed to say it? I will edit it out if its not) occured.
This all happened 20 years ago. so unfortunately he is no more. Needless to say, he was a right character, and he would bully the dog off its dinner to eat it, while the dog watched. On his way home sulking, he did hit the dog as he passed, just as a naghty child would lash out. I do miss him.

LOL! Sounds like a definate character.

kitty April 16th, 2004 05:31 PM

Its time for Kittys nap, as its 1:30am here.
I need to find a peg for my nose tonight as my mothers dog has serious bum-burps.
So I leave the thread hanging for you to grab, how high can you jump? :devil:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets