Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   heavy metal Mama (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11278)

julix June 30th, 2005 05:50 AM

heavy metal Mama

Well,
I got free tickets to Judis Priest last night so me and 4 of my high school friends I still hang with went to it!!!! It was pretty fun. I was never a hugh fan but liked their music. I have to say I had a great time. My friend got a picture of me at the gig and I will see if I can post it here after she emails it to me. Rob Helpher's vocals were amazing!!! He came on stage on a Motorcycle........cool. It was funny though, the guy next to me was blown away that I didn't know all the Priest songs or info on the band.......he keep calling me tootsie all night! ;) :D
Any way...........Queensryche opened for them and they were good as well...used to have their Empire tape in 1988-89 :) I felt like a kid again for 4 hours......priceless.

The 14th Colony June 30th, 2005 05:45 PM

When I was a teenager I thought Judas Priest sucked! But if you believe that, you got another thing coming! That is awesome news Julix! And you're going to post a picture of yourself, without being harrassed to do so? Incredible! :D

Darrell Lawrence June 30th, 2005 06:18 PM

*has seen (and is even hosting) the photo*

She looks like she's having WAY too much fun ;)

Fragmentary June 30th, 2005 07:23 PM

Sounds like a fun night! I'll bang my head vicariously.

...so Warrior is hosting the picture. That means its online someplace right? :devil:

julix June 30th, 2005 11:02 PM

http://www.firedragon.com/~cfleets/j...st_concert.jpg

The 14th Colony June 30th, 2005 11:18 PM

What a sweet pic, you sexy thang you! ;)

Fragmentary July 2nd, 2005 02:08 PM

I recognize a picture of a trouble maker when I see one ;)

julix July 2nd, 2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragmentary
I recognize a picture of a trouble maker when I see one ;)

You have no idea Frag......... ;)

Darrell Lawrence July 2nd, 2005 05:34 PM

Definatly no idea.... :LOL:

julix July 2nd, 2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior

Ummmm................. :eek:

Fragmentary July 3rd, 2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior

Now those are the pictures I want to see :D

larocque6689 July 3rd, 2005 05:32 PM

I used to really love Queensryche. Judas Priest is still amazing, and I'm in awe that Rob can still hit those high notes. You should have heard his solo outfit roll into Toronto just a few years ago ...

Titon July 3rd, 2005 05:39 PM

*thud*!

I love those guys!

And er umm trouble maker all the way!

Another band i really got a hoot out of back in, ahem, our day was Blue Oyster Cult. I remember that freakin Godzilla coming up behind the band. AND it was the only time i think i was truely, er umm, high! There was so much contriband in the audience i litterly was cloudy. Ahem.

:D

Darrell Lawrence July 3rd, 2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragmentary
Now those are the pictures I want to see :D

But this is a PG site, so no can do.

...'sides, yer from the L.A. area, which I currently hate even more now! :P:

Titon July 3rd, 2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

But this is a PG site, so no can do.
There goes the neighberhood!

And as for LA, er umm no comment!

:wtf:

julix July 4th, 2005 06:38 AM

Now.......wait just a minute here......... :eek: ;) :D You guys know I am an :wings: It sn't is obvious? I mean really.....troublemaker? Let us just think this one over......... ;) Don BOC.......cool :thumbsup: I know what ya mean about the atmosphere........John, Rob was indeed amazing! Someone was saying man he must be close to 90,............lol well, obviously not quite but he can rock. Warrior, Warrior..........*smack* you know you don't have any pictures like that!......much as you may want to! :D ;)

Darrell Lawrence July 4th, 2005 09:33 AM

Keep them smacks coming! :D

Krystal July 4th, 2005 01:21 PM

Cool! now I know what I can expect. I have tickets to see them in September. For what you tell, it sounds like is going to be fun. Is good to hear he still can make that notes. I just love it. :D

Krystal :salute:

julix July 4th, 2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krystal
Cool! now I know what I can expect. I have tickets to see them in September. For what you tell, it sounds like is going to be fun. Is good to hear he still can make that notes. I just love it. :D

Krystal :salute:

You won't be dissapointed, and they were into it :)

Krystal July 10th, 2005 12:28 PM

Looking forward to it! :muffit:

Krystal:trek: