Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

emerita February 11th, 2003 09:45 AM

Hmmmm...... then which one am I thinking about.....OMG! I am going to go crazy until I find out about that movie........

Flamingo Girl February 11th, 2003 11:17 AM

This one was a miniseries. The only stars I can name right off is John Larroquette who was the father, Um...the guy from Married With Children was the Troll King, and Carolyn Manheim was Snow White, And Jalesa from Different World was one of the trolls.

When I get home from work tonight, I'll grab the DVD and tell you who are listed on the cover.

emerita February 11th, 2003 12:20 PM

Ok. I'd like to know......sounds like I do need to rent it.

Flamingo Girl February 11th, 2003 09:16 PM

Ok, listed on front of the DVD are:
Ann Margaret
Scott Cohen
Rutger Hauer
John Larroquette
Camyrn Manheim
Ed O'Neil
Dianne West
Kimberly Williams

And here's a link I found. The 10th Kingdom

emerita February 12th, 2003 08:21 AM

This sounds like a cute movie......I don't think I've seen it.......

Flamingo Girl February 12th, 2003 09:21 AM

It's good, it explores what happens after "happily ever after".

jewels February 27th, 2003 06:56 PM

Just restarting this thread: looks like FG is the winner & longest stand taker!
:cookie:

emerita February 28th, 2003 06:38 AM

LOL...Let's have some:milk: with those cookies.........:thumbsup:

ojai22 February 28th, 2003 06:45 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info about the movie, FG. Sounds interesting.

Flamingo Girl February 28th, 2003 07:03 PM

It really is. I tried watching it when it first showed on TV but due to my odd schedualing, I missed several parts. I was happier than happy when my sis moved in with her DVD player and this DVD, and long said that I didn't have need of a DVD player unless I could get this, and Merlin.

ojai22 March 1st, 2003 12:03 PM

Netflix rents a lot of stuff from TV but I haven't had time to find out if they offer it for rent. If not, I'll request it.

One of the best things I've done is buy a DVD/VHS combo. I have so many videos that I like to watch but DVD is where we're going. The expense to replace videos, like Poldark, The Prisoner and others, would be greater than investing in a combo. Also, when I find a movie I like, if it isn't 'copy protected' I can make a tape. I think someone has figured out how to get around that protection business, but I don't want to interfere with that. I'm very happy with the combo.

Has anyone seen Vash the Stampede?! I'm taping those crazy things!:)

ojai22 March 1st, 2003 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bsg1fan1975
he is good to me Em

Then hold on to him, Ace. :heart:

Flamingo Girl March 1st, 2003 02:02 PM

I got a subscription to Columbia House, and they offer it for $10.

emerita March 1st, 2003 02:07 PM

Never heard of Vash the Stampede. What is it.....

ojai22 March 1st, 2003 11:52 PM

VASH the Stampede

Actually I should have said ''Trigun.'' That's the name of the show, and Vash is the 60 billion double dollar man. He's very young, tall, blond hair that sticks straight up on top, carries a large gun, wears really cool shades and a long red coat that seems to be split in sections at the bottom so it blows mysteriously in the wind.

Trigun was apparently a series in Japan, but the sound is in English. All the credits are Japanese names. It was based on a comic by Yasuhiro Nightow, and directed by Stoshi Nishimura.

The animation is so good. The 60 billion $$ is a bounty on Vash's head. Bad guys from all over the universe want to catch him. So do a couple of women from an insurance company. No one knows what he looks like and when this young man is cornered he gives a hyena-type laugh and acts silly, and everyone says this is not the man that wiped out an entire city. As it happens he has never killed anyone, only blamed for it.

The animation is outstanding. There are 3 to 4 episodes on each DVD, and it's unlike anything I've seen before. The series must have run for sometime as there are several DVD's. I'm renting them in order so I can watch the story unfold, though sometimes I have to wait for one to be available. I'm not the only one that finds them fascinating.

Now, I've told you more than you wanted to know!:)

emerita March 2nd, 2003 06:51 AM

LOL....Well, I asked....I have a friend that collects Animae...I'll ask him if he has it....I'd like to see it....

ojai22 March 2nd, 2003 11:24 AM

Em,

Have you see Princess Mononoke? It's Anime, also. Hayao Miyazuki is the director. I checked Netflix for more of is work and there is one, Spirited Away, that's due out on DVD in April.

Princess Mononoke is so beautiful. Even my son was impressed with it, and with Trigun, too. My son is a computer graphic artist - I was looking at some of the things in his portfolio once. He had done a TV logo for ABC but he had a 4 on it instead of 7. I asked him why he did that, since ABC is Channel 7 where we live. He said it was for a station back east. So if you get ABC as channel 4, then you've probably seen his work. He isn't easily impressed but but these 2 works do the job.

I think you'll like Princess Mononoke. Trigun, too.

Flamingo Girl March 2nd, 2003 08:04 PM

They have changed the numbers the stations here use so many times, I don't know what they are anymore. Heck, I've been here 8 years now, and I still revert back to the L.A. stations.

Erzengel March 3rd, 2003 01:06 AM

There are anime fans here. Sweet!

Flamingo Girl March 3rd, 2003 10:19 AM

There are all KINDS of fans here.