Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   All About Models (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   A video game soon? (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17401)

TechnoCop March 6th, 2010 11:46 AM

A video game soon?

Hi!

There's a lot of talent here! :thumbsup:

Could it be possible for someone to produce a MOD or a small simulator?

I think it's time to have a Good PC Game for the fans! ;)

Aries April 22nd, 2010 01:38 PM

Re: A video game soon?

I'm working on a game..

http://www.galacticagames.org

An RTS is the next upcoming project...

But I'm still al lone wolf on this :/:

Oh The mail adress on the webpage does not work use EdwinMartens@ziggo.nl instead

ernie90125 April 22nd, 2010 04:10 PM

Aries,

I'd like to say something very important, and that's don't give up. Over the last few weeks I spoken to several former regular members of CF who have basically 'given up'. That's why some sites, like my fanfilm site, haven't been updated as much as I'd like....because the fanfilms aren't being made as often as they were before.

But if we give up....there will be even less....

Keep going, take pride in being a lone wolf, it will be worth it...........

Aussie Warrior April 22nd, 2010 10:53 PM

I liked the demo it was quite fun to play and it looks really good too.

Aries April 23rd, 2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125 (Post 300124)
Aries,

I'd like to say something very important, and that's don't give up. Over the last few weeks I spoken to several former regular members of CF who have basically 'given up'. That's why some sites, like my fanfilm site, haven't been updated as much as I'd like....because the fanfilms aren't being made as often as they were before.

But if we give up....there will be even less....

Keep going, take pride in being a lone wolf, it will be worth it...........

If you make films...
How about intro films and cutscenes ?
;)

ernie90125 April 23rd, 2010 12:04 PM

Hi,

Sorry, I don't make the fanfilms....I just host and display them in the one place, to give osBSG fanfilms a home on the web.

Punisher454 April 24th, 2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoCop (Post 299359)
Hi!

There's a lot of talent here! :thumbsup:

Could it be possible for someone to produce a MOD or a small simulator?

I think it's time to have a Good PC Game for the fans! ;)

I am working towards an FPS mod currently using the Cryengine2 of Crysis. I am a LONG ways away from really having something show. In fact the mod will probably be ported to Cryengine3 when Crysis2 comes out before I offer a demo. Currently I am building some core 3d assets and a very few test maps. I have most of the plot lines roughly sketched out also. At some point I will open it up and possibly get a mod team together so others may contribute and progress can accelerate, but right now I'm keeping development private as a "personal hobby interactive art project".

There have been Freespace and Homeworld mods in the past.

There is another Cryengine2 based mod under development but it seems space combat centered and is also based on GINO rather than TOS. I am not involved in that.

In the late 90's I did a "flight sim toolkit" ( FST by Domark, not MS flight sim) with vipers and raiders. it had one level where you could fly a raider in a formation of about 300 (yes 300) other raiders through a long canyon and then attack a colonial base. It was fun but real low tech.

In the mid 90's there was some sort of online test RPG, "Battlestar mush" I think it was called. I never played it though.

Anything we do that is made public must be done VERY carefully to avoid being shut down by the lawyers. This happens to a lot of mods.

Aries April 24th, 2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher454 (Post 300136)
I am working towards an FPS mod currently using the Cryengine2 of Crysis. I am a LONG ways away from really having something show. In fact the mod will probably be ported to Cryengine3 when Crysis2 comes out before I offer a demo. Currently I am building some core 3d assets and a very few test maps. I have most of the plot lines roughly sketched out also. At some point I will open it up and possibly get a mod team together so others may contribute and progress can accelerate, but right now I'm keeping development private as a "personal hobby interactive art project".

There have been Freespace and Homeworld mods in the past.

There is another Cryengine2 based mod under development but it seems space combat centered and is also based on GINO rather than TOS. I am not involved in that.

In the late 90's I did a "flight sim toolkit" ( FST by Domark, not MS flight sim) with vipers and raiders. it had one level where you could fly a raider in a formation of about 300 (yes 300) other raiders through a long canyon and then attack a colonial base. It was fun but real low tech.

In the mid 90's there was some sort of online test RPG, "Battlestar mush" I think it was called. I never played it though.

Anything we do that is made public must be done VERY carefully to avoid being shut down by the lawyers. This happens to a lot of mods.

Would you be willing to make some topview shots of the models to use in my game(s) ?

Punisher454 April 25th, 2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries (Post 300138)
Would you be willing to make some topview shots of the models to use in my game(s) ?

I'd be more than happy to do that when I have them finished enough to do so.
ALL of my BSG projects will at some point be made fully available. I dont work fast, and my progress has frequent long pauses (lasting several months usually) but it will get done eventually.