Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Hobbit - "An Unexpected Journey" (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18123)

BST November 19th, 2011 06:35 AM

The Hobbit - "An Unexpected Journey"

Filming has been and currently is underway.

Check the IMDB link for further information:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

Expected Release Date - December 14, 2012
O

BST December 12th, 2012 07:54 PM

Re: The Hobbit - "An Unexpected Journey"

It's nearly upon us!!

:)

Athene January 5th, 2013 12:56 PM

Saw this movie on boxing day and will see it again. Very well done!

BST January 5th, 2013 08:24 PM

I can't believe that I forgot to post a response.... my 2 favorite words come to mind --

Spoiler

SENIOR MOMENT!!

My wife, daughter, and I went to see The Hobbit on opening night... Well worth the wait!! Peter Jackson has definitely not lost the touch for weaving Tolkien's magnificent material into an equally magnificent movie.

:thumbsup:

Whet with anticipation for the next installment, in December 2013.

:)

Darrell Lawrence January 6th, 2013 09:50 AM

Did you see the 48FPS 3D version, or the 24FPS 2D version?

BST January 6th, 2013 12:35 PM

We didn't see the 3D version. If the 24FPS 2D version is the only other alternative to the 3D version then, that's what we saw.

Darrell Lawrence January 6th, 2013 01:33 PM

I think there is a 48FPS 2D version out there too.

Been reading interesting comments from some FX folks in regards to how each version looks.

BST January 7th, 2013 06:20 PM

I'll have to check with the theater. A lot of times, we try to patronize our local theater. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place but, they're really trying and most movies are $7/evening, $5/matinee PLUS it's about 5 minutes from the house.

It's no Loews theaterplex, mind you but, we're not into all that glitzy crap. We're there to see the movie and as long as the seats are comfy, I'm happy.

Darrell Lawrence January 8th, 2013 12:11 PM

A little small theater probably had the 24FPS version.

Glad to hear the little guy is getting support :)

Around here, we have a choice- Side "A" or Side "B" :LOL:

Lara January 11th, 2013 01:11 PM

Saw the 48fps 3D full wide screen version. I thought it made the spfx blend with the live action better, but by making the live action match the fx so the whole thing was a bit unreal. Fine for fantasy and I'm sure James Cameron will do amazing things with it for Avatar II but until I see it on a non fantasy live action flick the juries out for me on its benefits.

Plot was slow at the start, but I didn't find the extra background material an issue.

Casting was spot on (again)

Looking forward to 2 & 3..

Cheers,
Lara

oh, As expected parents were bringing young kids to this then having to leave part through. if it has a M rating (recommended for 15 years and over) there is a good reason.. Again I blame the marketers and all the liscenced support merchandise aimed at 8 year olds. The young girl in front of us was spooked by the other trailers (esp the capture Osama one) an advancement for cultural harmony now she believes all women in burkahs pack assult rifles
She didn't last as long as Frodo leaving the shire.

jewels January 16th, 2013 09:17 PM

We might have seen the 48FPS version. At the beginning it felt like the world was a little funky, shaky or blurry. I liked the insertion of the background history. Not liking that it will take 3 movies to return to Bag End. Scenery was STUNNING. Acting was super with a wonderful cast.

kingfish December 10th, 2013 06:34 PM

looks like they decided to put out an extended dvd release so we will have to double dip. in other words i hope our wallets can stand the strain.