Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

braxiss April 30th, 2004 03:22 PM

mine again

BST April 30th, 2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
in general jobs in health care right now like LPN's, care aids, anyone really working in the hospitals are taking a real hit right now, their Union is having a general strike (wildcat) the union leader called for it in a subtle way (illegal here to call for a general strike) Other unions are refusing to cross the picket lines and are actually joining he strikers with signs that indicate which unions they are with .The Liberal government has decimated health care in this province by privatizing all the support staff thereby reducing wages by 50% and increasing errors and problems.:P:

What are the issues that the health care workers' union is striking over?

Rowan April 30th, 2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BST
What are the issues that the health care workers' union is striking over?

easier to give you a link;)

http://www.heu.org/

kitty April 30th, 2004 03:38 PM

So will it be easy for you to get work in that area with all the problems they are having?

BST April 30th, 2004 03:39 PM

Rowan,

Just with the little bit that I read, if I were a health care worker in Canada, I'd be on strike too!

What the legislature is doing is, basically, busting the union. When that happens, whatever "rights" you have, as a worker, are gone.

So this is the way that the Canadian Health Care "miracle" is being funded? (Oh, I know that there also taxing everything that doesn't move but, with this legislation, they're breaking your backs!)

Rowan April 30th, 2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BST
Rowan,

Just with the little bit that I read, if I were a health care worker in Canada, I'd be on strike too!

What the legislature is doing is, basically, busting the union. When that happens, whatever "rights" you have, as a worker, are gone.

So this is the way that the Canadian Health Care "miracle" is being funded? (Oh, I know that there also taxing everything that doesn't move but, with this legislation, they're breaking your backs!)

BST,
I know we are all furious with them, they won't be getting back into power again that's for sure! they have legislated the Nurses and Teachers back to work in the past 2 yrs gotten everyone angry with them. Today the BC Hydro union had a wild cat strike in sppport of the the health care workers, and the BC fedration of Labour has come out in full support and they are over a million or more strong.

holodoc2000 April 30th, 2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
Hi Holodoc,
My puppy has the upper hand at the mo, but she loves her milk!
Have you got any cookies to give with it?

tee hee! I do have a few cookies handy. :)

:oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie:

kitty April 30th, 2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! I do have a few cookies handy. :)

:oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie: :oreo: :cookie:

Cor I needed that, thanks Holodoc.

I think the boys are in hiding at the mo. I have not noticed Aeneus, Doc or Bombadil today.

holodoc2000 April 30th, 2004 04:11 PM

tee hee! :D Glad the cookies are coming in handy Sorrell :D

Figures the fella's would be in hiding again.

kitty April 30th, 2004 04:12 PM

My puppy loves the cookies.
How is your dog?

holodoc2000 April 30th, 2004 04:16 PM

:) Rosey is doing better. She is still favoring her back leg some, but that is to be expected some considering she has dealing with the infection & the cool weather a few days ago.

Rowan April 30th, 2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Cor I needed that, thanks Holodoc.

I think the boys are in hiding at the mo. I have not noticed Aeneus, Doc or Bombadil today.

Well it's 7pm on a Friday night on the East coast they are probably going out or something

holodoc2000 April 30th, 2004 04:17 PM

It just a little after 7pm here on the East Coast. West Coast is 3 hours behind that unless they are living in Hawaii which then would be 5 hours behind East Coast

Dawg April 30th, 2004 04:19 PM

I don't know which west coast you're on, Rowan, but it's only 4:00 here.

POUNCE!!!

Miss me? ;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

kitty April 30th, 2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

It just a little after 7pm here on the East Coast. West Coast is 3 hours behind that unless they are living in Hawaii which then would be 5 hours behind East Coast

I get very confused with all these time differences, I can not get my head around it. It is 12:20 am everywhere in Britain. That is so much easier! I can cope with that! :)

Rowan April 30th, 2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg

POUNCE!!!

Miss me? ;)Of course! (((((((((Dawg)))))))))):kiss: :kiss: one for each cheek :D ;)

I am
Dawg

OOPS! I fixed it!:D

holodoc2000 April 30th, 2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg

POUNCE!!!

Miss me? ;)

I am
Dawg

tee hee! Mesa missed you Dawg!!! It about time you reappeared here!!! :D

POUNCE

kitty April 30th, 2004 04:28 PM

Quote:

:) Rosey is doing better. She is still favoring her back leg some, but that is to be expected some considering she has dealing with the infection & the cool weather a few days ago.

Glad to hear that she is getting better.
The weather here sucks at the moment. It has been rather wet and miserable for the last few days. My daughter and my oldest dog are feeling it in their bones.

holodoc2000 April 30th, 2004 04:36 PM

Quote:

Glad to hear that she is getting better.
The weather here sucks at the moment. It has been rather wet and miserable for the last few days. My daughter and my oldest dog are feeling it in their bones.

I know the feeling about feeling it in the bones when it comes to cold & damp weather. I have 3 different injuries in 1 wrist alone. :/:

kitty April 30th, 2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

I know the feeling about feeling it in the bones when it comes to cold & damp weather. I have 3 different injuries in 1 wrist alone. :/:

What did you do to your wrist?