Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   CF closing threads (merged) (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2727)

kingfish April 25th, 2003 02:10 PM

Why

I thought we were making progress. Why is the site shutting down?

peter noble April 25th, 2003 02:12 PM

What the frack's going on?

Please somebody enlighten me, because just when I thought it couldn't get any worse it just did.

Bemused,

Peter

nightscape2112 April 25th, 2003 02:13 PM

thats what i want to know. someone please explain this better than

"To all, Colonial Fleets will cease to exist as of Midnight tomorrow night.

Thanks for all your support and good luck to you all as you fight for the true Galactica.

Don "

this is really starting to suck first they remove us from sci-fi's bsg forum and now this. what is hapeneing.

nightscape

Sept17th April 25th, 2003 02:15 PM

Wtf!!!

Sci-Fi cleans out the madhouse then evicts us...now CF is closing, WTF?? This fight to bring back a one season television show is more bizzare than any episode of anything.

This fight continues at Two-Brains House.

:cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: with a phalanx of centuriouns

repcisg April 25th, 2003 02:18 PM

Don -

Some explanation would be nice, if its money - send me an E-mail, if you had a call from Universal again E-mail me.

Lets see if we cann't work this out.

sdoziernc1 April 25th, 2003 02:18 PM

OK

where do we go from here? If Colonial Fleets is shutting down and the SCIFI board is now censored to continuation fans, do we now go over to the Cylon Alliance, the board that was started up by Two-Brained Cylon? And I was really starting to like this board a lot...it really seems like someone went through a lot of trouble to move this board to its' own website and make upgrades to it, only to shut down after a few weeks. Something tells me they were MADE to shut down.

Dawg April 25th, 2003 02:19 PM

Is this the result of what's been going on behind the scenes? :(

What about the Council? What happened to the brave words? :mad:

I want to hear from Don & OWD.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

BST April 25th, 2003 02:21 PM

Don,

As the owner of the forum, you certainly have the right to shut it down. I would not even consider questioning that. But, I do feel that you should provide the members of this forum a bit more than a 1 sentence announcement. If it's too touchy to post, then an email or PM would be appreciated.

BST :?: :?: :?: :?:

nightscape2112 April 25th, 2003 02:31 PM

did anyone notice this change?

when i first saw the announcment that cf was closing it was this, as posted in kingfishes topic "why"

"To all, Colonial Fleets will cease to exist as of Midnight tomorrow night.

Thanks for all your support and good luck to you all as you fight for the true Galactica.

Don "

now it reads

"To all, Colonial Fleets will cease to exist as of Midnight tonight night.

Don "

it goes from closing midnight tomorrow night to closing midnight tonight night.

wtf when is it closing.

nightscape

peter noble April 25th, 2003 02:32 PM

Goodbye CF you were the best. Warriors announcement!

Will all you warriors who are still up for the fight ahead, grab your gear and rendezvous at: http://www.cylon.org/

There orders will be despatched when you've all done roll call!

Thanks,

Peter

BST April 25th, 2003 02:34 PM

Re: OK

Quote:

Originally posted by sdoziernc1
...it really seems like someone went through a lot of trouble to move this board to its' own website and make upgrades to it, only to shut down after a few weeks. Something tells me they were MADE to shut down.
I hope that isn't the case, if so, :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BST

One final thought: (and PLEASE, my friends, don't take this the wrong way)

In our zeal to Continue TOS, have WE done something wrong? Have we cast the Continuation effort in a bad light? Have we become Fanatics?

These are just some thoughts that suddenly surged to the forefront.

It used to be so simple -- I was in favor of a Continuation and I posted to that effect. Now, I just don't know. Maybe time to wash my hands of the whole damn thing!!

(I'm not leaving........yet)..

BST

nightscape2112 April 25th, 2003 04:21 PM

what happened? closing or not

is this forum going to close or what? first i come in this morning with no notice posted at the top of the forum. then i come back and it says the forum is closing tomorrow night. then i come back and it is closing "tonight night" then a hour later it is closed.

now it is back up, what is the deal.

nightscape

Sept17th April 25th, 2003 04:31 PM

New Homes For CF Members

http://www.battlestargalacticaclub.c...T&f=25&t=1342&

http://www.cylon.org

:cylon:

kingfish April 25th, 2003 05:21 PM

I Am Sad

Today was a VERY sad day. I came here and saw a sign that said we were closing. Hell this is supposed to be our home Battlestar. A place of safety and comfort. A place to save our show and talk with others who feel the same way about a show that died prematurely. We elected a new prez who I stand behind 110%. OWD is the new leader who will take us into the next stages. Now I wonder what is our future? When we come back will the closed sign be hung or will we be open for business. We are all winners. I don't hang with losers. This is like my extended family.

Senmut November 11th, 2011 10:30 PM

Re: CF closing threads (merged)

But we survived!
Rejoice!

Centurion Draco November 12th, 2011 07:58 AM

LOL, what a wind up! I've just seen the dates on the threads.
That had me going for a second!

137th Gebirg November 12th, 2011 10:53 AM

Whew! Was thinking that very same thing. Zombie thread alert!! :eek:

Centurion Draco November 12th, 2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg (Post 308006)
Whew! Was thinking that very same thing. Zombie thread alert!! :eek:

Too right mate.
Come on Senmut, save it for April 1st! :D

BST November 12th, 2011 06:22 PM

Had me going a bit too.

I think that I might just give Mr. Senmut a kick in the posterior annex for raising my blood pressure.

;)

Senmut November 12th, 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BST (Post 308009)
Had me going a bit too.

I think that I might just give Mr. Senmut a kick in the posterior annex for raising my blood pressure.

;)

Nah. You'd like it too much! ;)

BST November 13th, 2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 308014)
Nah. You'd like it too much! ;)

Booting you in the posterior annex?

Quite possibly.

:rotf:

Senmut November 13th, 2011 09:10 PM

Ah, can it! ;)

CaptainHawke November 15th, 2011 12:29 PM

Don't....*GASP*...EVER....*GASP*..do that....*GASP* again!!! *GASP*

BST November 15th, 2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainHawke (Post 308034)
Don't....*GASP*...EVER....*GASP*..do that....*GASP* again!!! *GASP*

MEDIC !!!

Get that man some oxygen!! STAT!!

(Sorry, Hawke. Senmut has been digging up some bones in the back yard again.)

:rotf: