Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

Rowan July 18th, 2004 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel
and as for why leave SK, my training is in film production and there aren't too many opportunities in that profession around here.

That sounds really interesting have you had the chance to be involved with any films yet?

The 14th Colony July 18th, 2004 01:58 AM

Since you seem unsure of yourself, get a hold of yourself, man! When you do get a hold of "yourself" you should then have no doubt as to your gender. LOL

Archangel July 18th, 2004 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
When you two are cold and shivering, remember that I'm hot and sweaty in Florida. I'm glad you told me British Columbia, because when I saw BC Canada I was going to say that Canada wasn't a recognized nation before Christ.

There are just some things you have too do in the winter around here. Ski, drive on frozen lakes (real good 360's) etc.

Rowan July 18th, 2004 01:59 AM

Quote:

At least one of you did! When I looked at my profile and saw that it wasn't there I was starting to have doubts about myself.

LOL! ((((((Archangel))))) I wouldn't flirt unless I was sure it was a guy! I have my ways of knowing;)

Rowan July 18th, 2004 02:01 AM

Quote:

Since you seem unsure of yourself, get a hold of yourself, man! When you do get a hold of "yourself" you should then have no doubt as to your gender. LOL

but that is just anatomical... gender is in the mind! LOL!;) :D

Rowan July 18th, 2004 02:02 AM

Quote:

There are just some things you have too do in the winter around here. Ski, drive on frozen lakes (real good 360's) etc.

mmmm I was thinking snuggling under the covers personally ;) :D

Archangel July 18th, 2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
That sounds really interesting have you had the chance to be involved with any films yet?

A couple as a volunteer while I was going to school in Vancouver. (No pay, no credit, just experience.)

Art department on an episode of The Comedy Network's Rockpoint PD

and

locations PA on one of tyhe worst movies ever filmed (even by Canadian standards) The House Next Door

Archangel July 18th, 2004 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
mmmm I was thinking snuggling under the covers personally ;) :D

That works too! ;)

The 14th Colony July 18th, 2004 02:04 AM

No doubts there. I was born and raised in New York, on Long Island, so I'm used to winter life. I've never skiied, I have a bad leg, but down here I once had a waverunner, and then a Sea Doo, and I had a blast on the water, racing and doing spins and other tricks.

It's been fun you two, but I have to be off. It's 5am my time and I haven't slept yet.

I surrender the thread. Peace out.
BTW, if you haven't, read my BSG story summary in the literary section, Futures Past. It's far from complete, still a rough, rough draft, but it'll give you an idea what my BSG novel would have been/will be about.

Rowan July 18th, 2004 02:06 AM

good night 14th thanks for the company...sweet dreams:D ;)

Archangel July 18th, 2004 02:08 AM

Quote:

No doubts there. I was born and raised in New York, on Long Island, so I'm used to winter life. I've never skiied, I have a bad leg, but down here I once had a waverunner, and then a Sea Doo, and I had a blast on the water, racing and doing spins and other tricks.

It's been fun you two, but I have to be off. It's 5am my time and I haven't slept yet.

I surrender the thread. Peace out.
BTW, if you haven't, read my BSG story summary in the literary section, Futures Past. It's far from complete, still a rough, rough draft, but it'll give you an idea what my BSG novel would have been/will be about.

will do

Rowan July 18th, 2004 02:08 AM

Quote:

A couple as a volunteer while I was going to school in Vancouver. (No pay, no credit, just experience.)

Art department on an episode of The Comedy Network's Rockpoint PD

and

locations PA on one of tyhe worst movies ever filmed (even by Canadian standards) The House Next Door

Do you have any prospects yet out here?

or are you just going to move out and then look for work?

Archangel July 18th, 2004 02:11 AM

All I have at the moment are a few connections, but I will have to find a real job first if I plan on feeding myself.

Rowan July 18th, 2004 02:15 AM

I hear ya!

I did it the crazy way when I came out no money, no job prospects, I knew no one out here but I took the plunge and I'm still here 17 years later and loving it. How long ago did you leave Vancouver?

Archangel July 18th, 2004 02:19 AM

I left in December of '01. At the time I was geting claustrophobic, Farm-boy-moving-too-the-city-type-thing. But in hindsight, career-wise it was the dumbest thing I ever did.

Rowan July 18th, 2004 02:21 AM

Quote:

I left in December of '01. At the time I was geting claustrophobic, Farm-boy-moving-too-the-city-type-thing. But in hindsight, career-wise it was the dumbest thing I ever did.

(((((((Archangel))))))))

where did you grow up then if you consider yourself a farm boy?

Archangel July 18th, 2004 02:24 AM

On a farm in Northern Sk. :D How 'bout you?

Rowan July 18th, 2004 02:27 AM

I was technically born in Montreal but only because the town my parents lived in had no hospital On a whole I've spent most of my life in small towns or the country, I am a country girl at heart and *must* get back to it someday soon! I really miss the wide open spaces around me... woods, fields or ocean I need the space.

so you only came to Vancouver for school then?

Archangel July 18th, 2004 02:30 AM

I hear that. Too much concrete around me for extended periods of time and I go bonkers.

Rowan July 18th, 2004 02:36 AM

Quote:

I hear that. Too much concrete around me for extended periods of time and I go bonkers.

Yup that is exactly how it makes me feel! I feel rejuvinated when I'm in the country...my soul feels free. I love the sense of losing track of time and the layed back life style of small towns along the coast of BC. I want to move up to the sunshine coast someday as soon as I graduate from school with or without the boyfriend I'm off!;) :D
It's only a ferry ride away from Vancouver for when I need a little excitement:D