Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 12:29 PM

tee hee! Time for me to snatch thread once more. :D

Where did Dawg run off to? :(

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kitty March 27th, 2004 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
Hey Sorrell! Is there a way you could attach the sniper kitty to one of your threads? I wanted my daughter to see it but she hasn't yet.

Thanks!
Muffit

Tell me how to do it and I will try.

Bombadil March 27th, 2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit Hey Sorrell! Is there a way you could attach the sniper kitty to one of your threads? I wanted my daughter to see it but she hasn't yet.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
Tell me how to do it and I will try.

Two easy ways. One, you could just put the sniper kitty back as your avatar for a little while, and let her steal (I'm sorry, I meant copy) it off the board just like I did. (I'm e-mailing it to all my best friends. They will love it!)
Or you could use a PM to get her direct e-mail address and send her an e-mail with the SK file as an attachment.
:salute:

Rowan March 27th, 2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

As you can see I have mastered my avator.

This get-up on these sweet little kitties, is pretty standard where I live.
They have to protect themselves from my cute doggies.

:) :D :)

My kitties could have used that against my doggies! who have been very bad and killed 4 squirels this past summer! :/: :(

Rowan March 27th, 2004 01:00 PM

Hey Thomas since you seem to understand this better than I, succeeding with my avatar was a pure fluke for me. I wanted to change it again but it's not working it says it's a bit map image. if that means anything :/:

kitty March 27th, 2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
My kitties could have used that against my doggies! who have been very bad and killed 4 squirels this past summer! :/: :(

Naughty dogs, mine are greyhounds so they love anything that moves, especially cats.

I better go, my man is here.
We taking my daughter to London tomorrow,
its handy as its only a hour away by car.

I will be back about this time tomorrow, if anyone is around.

Bye, have a nice evening
:)

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 01:07 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread again. :D

Sorrell... have fun while in London. :D

I would attempt again on doing a different advatar but it to confusing for me. So I will stick with the one I have for the time being. :)

Bombadil March 27th, 2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Hey Thomas since you seem to understand this better than I, succeeding with my avatar was a pure fluke for me. I wanted to change it again but it's not working it says it's a bit map image. if that means anything :/:

Photo editing isn't my strong suit yet, but I did find both MS Paint and MS Photo Editor bundled in the WinXP OS on my computer. I had to click on Start, All Programs, to browse through what I had. I found Photo Editor under the section labeled Microsoft Office Tools.

Whatever program you use, you want to load your bitmap file (it has a *.bmp extension) into the program and resave it as a *.jpg or *.gif file, because they seem to take up less space than bitmaps. (Give the file a different name when you resave it, so you still have the original if you mess something up.) If the result is still bigger than 5.9 KB, then shrink the image gradually until it's small enough to be accepted by this BBoard.

If you replace your avatar, make sure the new one is a good one. I know you said that isn't YOUR photo, but it feels like it should be. Replace wisely!

Muffit March 27th, 2004 01:19 PM

Quote:

Naughty dogs, mine are greyhounds so they love anything that moves, especially cats.

I better go, my man is here.
We taking my daughter to London tomorrow,
its handy as its only a hour away by car.

I will be back about this time tomorrow, if anyone is around.

Bye, have a nice evening
:)

Hey Sorrell, I think your kitties would think this is appropo...

Pussycat, pussycat,
Where have you been?
I've been to London
To visit the Queen.
Pussycat, pussycat,
What did you there?
I frightened a little mouse
Under her chair.

:D :muffit:

Rowan March 27th, 2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomasbombadil
Photo editing isn't my strong suit yet, but I did find both MS Paint and MS Photo Editor bundled in the WinXP OS on my computer. I had to click on Start, All Programs, to browse through what I had. I found Photo Editor under the section labeled Microsoft Office Tools.

Whatever program you use, you want to load your bitmap file (it has a *.bmp extension) into the program and resave it as a *.jpg or *.gif file, because they seem to take up less space than bitmaps. (Give the file a different name when you resave it, so you still have the original if you mess something up.) If the result is still bigger than 5.9 KB, then shrink the image gradually until it's small enough to be accepted by this BBoard.

If you replace your avatar, make sure the new one is a good one. I know you said that isn't YOUR photo, but it feels like it should be. Replace wisely!

well I was thinking of replacing it with a sexy little picture of Aeryn Sun will that do?

but I can't get it to work!!!!! I tried resaving it as a jpg and and a gif but photo shop wont accept it gggrrrr :/:

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 01:27 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread again. :D

*throws pillow towards Muffit* ;)

Bombadil March 27th, 2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

well I was thinking of replacing it with a sexy little picture of Aeryn Sun will that do?

but I can't get it to work!!!!! I tried resaving it as a jpg and and a gif but photo shop wont accept it gggrrrr :/:

Try the traditional fix. Kick your computer!
(That's a term I like better than "reboot" because it's what I WISH I were doing.)

Then open Photo Shop first, with nothing else runnning, so you're not using much memory on anything else. Then see what happens.

If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss because I am not familiar with PhotoShop. Sorry!
:rose:

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 01:31 PM

LOL! I'm snatching thread from ya Thomas. :D

Rowan March 27th, 2004 01:32 PM

Sorry I don't have photo shop I have photo editor I messed the names up! will try again keep your fingers crossed! ;)

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 01:51 PM

tee hee! Snatching thread once more I am. :D

Rowan March 27th, 2004 02:00 PM

oh well it won't let me edit my avatar at all so I've disapeared completely ! :(

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 02:07 PM

uh oh! Hope ya can get your advatar back Rowan.

Rowan March 27th, 2004 02:09 PM

Me too! I feel invisible it's a weird feeling! :D

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 02:12 PM

I'm sure one of the fella's can easily figure out where the snafue is & fix it for ya. :D

Bombadil March 27th, 2004 02:14 PM

OK, breathe slowly. Let's figure out what happened.

First of all, you should be editing the file on your computer. You can mess with that all day long, and it won't affect your BBoard avatar until you go to Preferences, Edit Avatar, and upload the new file in place of the old one. Were you working off-line?