Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

BlueSquad2001 December 22nd, 2005 11:56 AM

:colonial: NEW DETAIL PIC :colonial:

Okay, here's the final and complete rear engine detailing, and yes, I obscured parts and only allow a shadowy glimpse. Don't want the entire details out until she hits your mailbox. :wtf:
So..to all that has waited and demanded pics, here's a good one. The details are a step up from the original series, with a very close similarity, as it would hae been in this DeSanto continuation. Alot of the same kit parts are used as well as some details that are not from kits. Molding began last night and opics are a day awy from the board here. Thanks to all for sticking by me, and believeing ;) And to all those in doubt........... :D
http://tinypic.com/iz1coi.jpg

peter noble December 22nd, 2005 12:04 PM

That's going to look lovely on my launch rail! ;)

BlueSquad2001 December 22nd, 2005 12:18 PM

Thanks Peter! :salute:
and the engine cans are almost complete, and will be molded separate.
And yes, you must glue them in! :D

BlueSquad2001 December 22nd, 2005 01:33 PM

:colonial: :salute: NEWS!! :salute: :colonial:

Here it IS! The first fuselage casting. :D From here, it will be detailed with panel lines (ala) DeSanto, and then all systems are a go. But man I must say that the casting is bubble free. :wtf: I don't know how....But it is. Nice and clean lines! :D
http://tinypic.com/iz4w8h.jpg

Aussieviper December 23rd, 2005 01:21 AM

Wow Bluesquad, that is outstanding! :salute: I can't wait until mine comes 'down under!' She will look great next to the other studio scale Vipers. Thank you so much for doing an awesome job on a great subject. Sorry if this has been answered, but is there a pilot with it? Merry Christmas from Australia! Cheers, Chris

BlueSquad2001 December 23rd, 2005 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussieviper
Wow Bluesquad, that is outstanding! :salute: I can't wait until mine comes 'down under!' She will look great next to the other studio scale Vipers. Thank you so much for doing an awesome job on a great subject. Sorry if this has been answered, but is there a pilot with it? Merry Christmas from Australia! Cheers, Chris

Hey Chris!! I know You!! :salute: LOL! :rotf:
Good to hear from you. And about the pilot...we are exploring getting the actual pressure suited DeSanto design going. New suit, and new helmet. Will be working on this today to see where we are at. I'm hoping for pics on this subject soon. Thanks for being a friend Chris, and hope all is well with you down under this Christmas! :salute:
Keep in touch.

Griffworks December 23rd, 2005 08:10 PM

I got to see both the fuselage casting - very nicely done for their first large object! - and the work he's put in to sculpting the pilot's helmet. Awesome job so far and I know that everybody's going to like it. BlueSquad2001 has put in a lot of sweat and blood for this project - especially blood, he says. :eek:

BlueSquad2001 December 25th, 2005 05:35 PM

:salute: Merry Christmas to all at the Fleets! :salute:
It is 7:32 p.m. here and I have been working on the viper for the most part of the day. The panel lines are about finished and photos of the work are coming by tomorrow. As well as we have been sculpting the pilots helmet and pics will be coming on that also. I've gotten alot done this holiday, and still will continue to work until completed and sent to all that have pre-paid! It's coming fast. :D

dilbertman December 25th, 2005 09:08 PM

Merry X-mas BlueSquad2001

Glad to hear the Viper is coming along okay. BTW, did you get the DeSanto stuff yet? Now someone needs to do a Ship of Lights that lights up so I can put on top of my X-mas tree next year.

Jim :salute:

BlueSquad2001 December 26th, 2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
Merry X-mas BlueSquad2001

Glad to hear the Viper is coming along okay. BTW, did you get the DeSanto stuff yet? Now someone needs to do a Ship of Lights that lights up so I can put on top of my X-mas tree next year.

Jim :salute:

Yes, we recieved some great stuff. Very important to this project. Thanks for keeping up with us Jim.\
Pics of paneled viper coming up in a few minutes. Stand by. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 December 26th, 2005 04:28 PM

:colonial: New Progress Pic!! :colonial:
Here are the panel lines detailed into the fuselage. Tonight, we are molding the intake section, paneled fuselage, and aft engine section. Ater that, the wings are ready to mold as well as the final design for the vertical stab. Here we go. Am looking to have a FULL MOLDED build-up pic by Thurs or Fri. And we will be casting kits possibly by Wd or Thurs, here they come! We are thrilled! :D
http://tinypic.com/j7qlwh.jpg

dilbertman December 26th, 2005 09:32 PM

Glad to hear you got the stuff from Tom. Really looking forward to seeing/getting this when your done. Maybe going to LA in the next few weeks? Hope to see Tom if he has time? You know he's doing that movie thing right now.

Jim :muffit:

BlueSquad2001 December 26th, 2005 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
Glad to hear you got the stuff from Tom. Really looking forward to seeing/getting this when your done. Maybe going to LA in the next few weeks? Hope to see Tom if he has time? You know he's doing that movie thing right now.

Jim :muffit:

Yeah I'm aware of what he is doing. Terri (warriorchemist) and I were invited by him to hollywood to a day of hanging out with him on filming site, presenting his model and discussing Galactica. Galactica's continuation is what is really a driving force for me, and Terri. We are making preparations to go soon. We'll let all know when we do, and maybe even check into the fleets while there, and see if he'd like to say some things to all the fans here. That is a thought that I'd like to pursue with him, and I'll definately bring it up in conversation to see what he would think of doing that. Cool idea! :salute:

spcglider December 28th, 2005 09:29 AM

Hey, do me a personal favor while you're there, huh? Mention to Tom how much you'd LOVE to see an adult comedy sitcom starring puppets of classic movie monsters.

You know, just slip it in while you're conversing.

LOL.

-Gordon

P.S. Looking forward to that kit!

:viper: :salute:

BlueSquad2001 December 29th, 2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
Hey, do me a personal favor while you're there, huh? Mention to Tom how much you'd LOVE to see an adult comedy sitcom starring puppets of classic movie monsters.

You know, just slip it in while you're conversing.

LOL.

-Gordon

P.S. Looking forward to that kit!

:viper: :salute:

I'm definately looking forward to doint that (personal) favor just for you! :D That would shake things up a bit now would'nt it? :wtf:
Oh and Gordon, sent you an e-mail. Will call you somtime this morning. :salute:

Aussieviper December 29th, 2005 03:15 PM

Wow Bluesquad, she is looking lovely, well done sir :salute: I certainly wish I had half of your scratchbuilding skills!! I can't wait to put this baby-hopefully the only one in Australia- down on the table at the local Model comp in April! Along with my studio scale Cylon Raider from the new series! Its certainly happy and expensive days for BSG Modelers!! How's the casting going? Any word on when they'll be done? I'm climbing the walls with anticipation! Have a good new year, Chris :D

Aussieviper December 29th, 2005 03:19 PM

Haha, just noticed the 'just lost my cherry' under my post name. Funny thing is, I have a 10 week old daughter, so I am feeling kinda ripped off! Or should I be worried.......? Might have to have a word with my wife. ;) Cheers, Chris

BlueSquad2001 December 29th, 2005 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussieviper
Wow Bluesquad, she is looking lovely, well done sir :salute: I certainly wish I had half of your scratchbuilding skills!! I can't wait to put this baby-hopefully the only one in Australia- down on the table at the local Model comp in April! Along with my studio scale Cylon Raider from the new series! Its certainly happy and expensive days for BSG Modelers!! How's the casting going? Any word on when they'll be done? I'm climbing the walls with anticipation! Have a good new year, Chris :D

Yes we are supposed to have pics of a fully cast model by the weekend, if all things continue as planned. Did you say (scratch-building SKILLS???) :rotf:
Uh... :wtf: Thanks a MILLION!!!! :D
Seriously, pics will be posted soon.
Now for the "BIG" announcement!
We are.....Thanks to the creator-Tom DeSanto getting me the drawings and details on this much hidden fighter :salute: Going to finish our Studio-Scale Desanto Raider to be released right after the Vipers begin to ship!
YES THEY ARE "BIG!" :eek:
Pre-order price will be $225.00 + 15.00 shipping. After the initial pre-orders which will be limited to 9 of them, the price will be set for good at $265.00 plus shipping. Overseas shipping will be calculated.
He we go! :salute:

BlueSquad2001 January 2nd, 2006 07:52 PM

Okay, we are LATE!!! OOooops!
Here are pics of Terri re-inforcing the mold boxes.
http://tinypic.com/jkg3mr.jpg

And the engine, intakes, wing and fuselage molds.
http://tinypic.com/jkg42f.jpg

And LAST...But not LEAST.. :wtf: Here's Terri just so happy with her molds! Can't ya see the excitement! ;)
http://tinypic.com/jkg5xx.jpg
:rotf:
Will demold tomorrow, and our fist casting will be shown here in the afternoon! Will call in a minute Dilbertman! :salute:

dilbertman January 3rd, 2006 12:15 AM

Hey BlueSquad,

At this rate I will need to start robbing banks :naughty: to pay for all the cool things you are making. Keep it up :thumbsup: . Long live Classic Galactica.

Jim :drool: