Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

BlueSquad2001 January 13th, 2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28barry
Everything is coming together very nicely, can't wait to see the finished product.
If your viper looks this good, the raider should be the cats meow when done!
Keep up the great work.

Thanks Barry!!! And what do you think of the painting idea?:D
And an announcement to all that have wondered about the raider, and when something was going to be let known. We have just recieved the main construction materials to continue this project, and are waiting just for the right moment to launch the new thread on this subject here at the fleets! Keep watching! :salute:

z28barry January 13th, 2006 09:10 AM

Paint looks great so far.
I think you should paint the viper in the traditional style of the originals.
I am going to paint mine that way with some minor modifications, like painting the nose the same color as the stripes.
The email I sent you will give you an idea of what I am saying.
Got to go now, time to hit the Linux books and fire up the Linux Box.

Later, Barry.

chasd25 January 13th, 2006 09:19 AM

:eek:

Wow! Looking good. Nice to see it stacked up next to Jesses Viper!

Can't wait to get one! I need to make room in the display case so I can display all 4 Mks (1, 2, 4, 7)!

Charlie

BlueSquad2001 January 13th, 2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28barry
Paint looks great so far.
I think you should paint the viper in the traditional style of the originals.
I am going to paint mine that way with some minor modifications, like painting the nose the same color as the stripes.
The email I sent you will give you an idea of what I am saying.
Got to go now, time to hit the Linux books and fire up the Linux Box.

Later, Barry.

thanks for the thoughts Barry. And actually, when done, the painted viper will have almost the same tones once I get the panels all done. The way I'm painting it now with the various tones added just gives it more depth to the finished subject. It'll be looking like it belongs next to TOS viper in colors and details. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 January 13th, 2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasd25
:eek:

Wow! Looking good. Nice to see it stacked up next to Jesses Viper!

Can't wait to get one! I need to make room in the display case so I can display all 4 Mks (1, 2, 4, 7)!

Charlie

We look forward to hearing from you. And can't wait to see your build-up of this viper. :salute:

dilbertman January 13th, 2006 10:20 AM

If the price is right, I'd go for that. Just send the total and I'll let you know.

Jim

BlueSquad2001 January 13th, 2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
If the price is right, I'd go for that. Just send the total and I'll let you know.

Jim

Give me a call in about an hour1
Mike :rotf:

Griffworks January 13th, 2006 08:55 PM

Got to over to Michael's house today and saw the one he's currently building up for Box Art. This thing looks awesome built up! Thinkin' I might have to break my promise to myself about buying off-scale (for me) models. :thumbsup:

Went out w/Michael afterwards and had a beer and shot the breeze w/him. Even talked to Dilbertman - Good talkin' to ya, dude!

dilbertman January 13th, 2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffworks
Got to over to Michael's house today and saw the one he's currently building up for Box Art. This thing looks awesome built up! Thinkin' I might have to break my promise to myself about buying off-scale (for me) models. :thumbsup:

Went out w/Michael afterwards and had a beer and shot the breeze w/him. Even talked to Dilbertman - Good talkin' to ya, dude!

Good talking to you to.

Jim :thumbsup:

BlueSquad2001 January 14th, 2006 09:22 AM

New Painting Pic!!

Here's what I have done thus far for detailing the models various paint tones. Added multiple parts of dark gull grey, light grey, and white. On some panels, specifically the two laser torpedoes on either side of cockpit, a slight tint of chameleon pearlecsent was added to give it a different kind of metallic look. But don't over do it with this, as you only want it to appear reflecting color, not solid. Then I slightly tinted italian red, (all colors by the way are still modelmaster acryl) with a little yellow, then began marking my lines and hand painted (very thinly) the orangish-red stripes. Then have begun slight weathering on panels and engine section of viper. But she's no where NEAR DONE! :D
http://tinypic.com/k9c6k4.jpg

TwoBrainedCylon January 14th, 2006 09:47 AM

Again, a remarkable piece of work.

Sandy

z28barry January 14th, 2006 10:06 AM

Sweeeeeet!!!!

BlueSquad2001 January 14th, 2006 02:54 PM

UPDATE: Progress Pic!!
Okay, alot of you have been hollering..."Cockpit Pics!!!!"
Here it is finally sculpted right. I've tried and failed at numerous attempts and different ways of trying to build it, but being an artist I went with natural instinct and actually sculpted the thing with Aves Epoxy Sculpt! The BEST sculpting compound period, in my opinion.
Whats next with it? Once cured, about another hour from now, I'll be able to remove it from the fuselage, then begin filing, sanding, drilling, dremeling, and adding instrument details and what nots! But here it is, before refinement. :salute:
http://tinypic.com/k9utdv.jpg

BlueSquad2001 January 17th, 2006 06:07 PM

SORRY ALL!!! :D

Had to spend a couple of days getting regular art commissions finished for customers. Will be posting here tomorrow or later tonight on the progress of this teeny- weeny simple project! :rotf:
But will also be in the process of redesigning my work area here to become a multi-functional area. To work on paintings, models, and sculpts, and multi-task in general. I'd like to be able to say, while a background color is drying and am waiting on it to go back to my sculpt, and keep progressing on all projects. We'll start tonight and see how it goes.
By the way....Where is Peter Noble??? :wtf: Have'nt seen him in this thread for quite a while! Worried about that guy. :D
Let me hear from all of you, as I definately become more ENERGIZED by hearing from you and getting suggestions or questions. :salute:

z28barry January 17th, 2006 06:13 PM

With all those late nights you put in, I thought it would be better if I didn't bug you.
You deserve a few days to yourself, heck everyone does.
Like always, I check the tread to see what's new and exciting and I'm sure you'll be posting more killer images.

later, Barry.

dilbertman January 17th, 2006 08:44 PM

Are you done yet?

Jim :rotf:

BlueSquad2001 January 17th, 2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
Are you done yet?

Jim :rotf:

DILBERTMAN!!!! :hack: :devil: :viper:

dilbertman January 17th, 2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
DILBERTMAN!!!! :hack: :devil: :viper:

BlueSquad2001

Just trying to get you ENERGIZED!

Jim :eek:

peter noble January 18th, 2006 01:01 PM

Pilot of the airwaves, here is my request...

Michael,

How's the pilot sculpt coming along?

Best to you and Terri,

Peter

spcglider January 18th, 2006 03:09 PM

Moreover, how's the rest of the Desanto Viper MOLDS coming along?

C'mon Michael... I'm like doing a little Snoopy dance in anticipation of getting my kit!!! :muffit:

-Gordon