Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   axe, or old spice body spray (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9422)

Newton February 9th, 2005 06:57 PM

axe, or old spice body spray

anyone try any of them? whats good, whats not? good type to buy, how long do they last?

Rowan February 9th, 2005 07:47 PM

personally I prefer a mans natural body odour but that is just me :D ;)

Bojay February 9th, 2005 09:45 PM

Been using Old Spice for so long, started as a wee lad, pinched me dear ole Dads.

The orginal, not any of the new and not improved stuff.

And there there is what Ro said.....

Ive been told by a few gals they like just what nature gave us

Darth Marley February 9th, 2005 09:49 PM

The trick is to grab a woman, and hold her nose in your arm pit.
If she doesn't run screaming when you let go, she is a keeper.

Rowan February 9th, 2005 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Marley
The trick is to grab a woman, and hold her nose in your arm pit.
If she doesn't run screaming when you let go, she is a keeper.

LOL interesting technique ya got there ;) I remember being grabed by some male friends and asked to do exactly that!! :LOL: and no I didn't run screaming from any of them :D

Rowan February 9th, 2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojay
And there there is what Ro said.....

Ive been told by a few gals they like just what nature gave us

For me an artificial odour can be pleasant but I've never had a viceral reaction to it unlike a man's natural odour ;)

unowhoandwhy February 10th, 2005 06:24 AM

As long as it is not Drakkar Noir (do they even still sell that stuff?) I had a bottle dumped on me one day when I was in the Army (a bunch of us were horsing around, long story!). It took weeks to get the smell out of my room and to this day I have not been able to stand the smell, it makes me retch! :D

Old Spice is nice, my boyfriend wears it, but I always had a weakness for Obsession for Men.

julix February 10th, 2005 07:14 AM

I can't help it I love cologne.......I could follow a man for miles with a good one on......*sigh* I do like natural too but a good cologne...I walk by the fragrance counters and just am in heaven. Just don't put too much on. I still like Jovan Musk cause the guys in High school used to wear it.reminds me of good times!

amberstar February 10th, 2005 05:25 PM

Good Question............

My Dad used to wear old Spice and to this day I really like it......Stetson is also one a few of my Uncles wear and it smells good too.
Some of my male friends grew up wearing Polo......it's higher priced but smells great.
I could be wrong but I've been told that it may have to do with your own body chemistry as to how long a fragrance will last.

Newton February 10th, 2005 06:17 PM

i use old spice deodorant, but I'm talking body spray... I thought old spice spray was pretty new :Nsalute:

thanks for replies tho :Nsalute:

Flamingo Girl February 10th, 2005 09:00 PM

I used to like the smell of Axe, until a guy came in one day and sprayed himself with half a can of the stuff. I was walking past where he had been standing, and it felt like I had walked into a physical wall, not just one made of scent.

Rowan February 10th, 2005 09:12 PM

we are not even allowed to use any scent in the hospitals they are finding that more and more people are allergic.

Alaric February 11th, 2005 08:31 AM

I don't use either. Both make me stink like a French male whore.

I use Curve cologne, and whatever deodorent stick I happen to have within reach. Understand, I usually shower about 15 minutes before my classes, so I don't have time to really care about what I do. I shower, get dressed, apply cologne and deodorent, and go running out the door.

That said, I like Old Spice better than Axe. Axe just offends my senses.

Ian_W359 February 11th, 2005 03:29 PM

I used to use Jovan Musk, until my sister reckoned it smelled like something a dog leaves on lamp-posts (the less said about that.... the better!) I currently use Brut, while still unique, has an even better scent.

Before that, I used a few of the various 'Lynx' flavours (as Axe is known in the ). Lynx has become one of the dominant brands in the UK market, while Old Spice has fallen behind.

Ian W359

julix February 11th, 2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_W359
I used to use Jovan Musk, until my sister reckoned it smelled like something a dog leaves on lamp-posts (the less said about that.... the better!) I currently use Brut, while still unique, has an even better scent.

Before that, I used a few of the various 'Lynx' flavours (as Axe is known in the ). Lynx has become one of the dominant brands in the UK market, while Old Spice has fallen behind.

Ian W359

Oh mann......................that is harsh.I still love Jovan musk...only cause it reminds me of "the good old days"

well that and I like it

Gunstar Aries February 13th, 2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

I used to like the smell of Axe, until a guy came in one day and sprayed himself with half a can of the stuff. I was walking past where he had been standing, and it felt like I had walked into a physical wall, not just one made of scent.
Flamingo Girl, that's funny. Reminds me of that old joke: "That's a lovely scent. Must you marinate in it?"
:LOL:

Rowan February 13th, 2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newton
i use old spice deodorant, but I'm talking body spray... I thought old spice spray was pretty new :Nsalute:

thanks for replies tho :Nsalute:

Newton if you plan to be entertaining a young woman and hope that she does more than just kiss your lips then you might want to taste test your choice on your skin (taste test hours after applying not immediately) some body sprays can be quite bitter. Just a thought…;) :D

bsg1fan1975 February 23rd, 2005 11:26 AM

There ain't nothing like smelling Old Spice on a guy. I grew up around men who wore it and I even buy it for my hubby!