Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

TwoBrainedCylon November 2nd, 2006 04:40 AM

OK, so now we know. People make mistakes. Mike should have communicated more. I think that is clear enough.

I also recognize that if I were busy with a lot of issues (which I am) and had people suggesting I was a thief that I'd be showing a bit of the dark side of the force as well. I think its also noteworthy to point out that Mike doesn't have the built up scar tissue most of the rest of us have from our BBoard experiences. He should have taken a more level approach when he responded but IMO, he shouldn't have been having to respond to attacks on his integrity. This isn't the Skiffy board and IMO, these issues are usually handled a lot better by the Fleets' membership. I think this communication failure is the responsibility of more than just one person.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about Peter's suggestion. On one hand, I can see strong merit in the approach. On the other, I'm a bit reluctant to hamper anything that helps promote the real Battlestar Galactica series. The conversation has kept some additional focus on DeSanto's efforts and I see that as a good thing.

Regardless, I want to see people's build-ups in the art in progress section.

Russell

peter noble November 2nd, 2006 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon
Personally, I have mixed feelings about Peter's suggestion. On one hand, I can see strong merit in the approach. On the other, I'm a bit reluctant to hamper anything that helps promote the real Battlestar Galactica series. The conversation has kept some additional focus on DeSanto's efforts and I see that as a good thing.

I agree, it's not perfect. I was looking at it from a modding/owners perspective as the dispute would have really nothing to do with the site other than that those involved are members (and it being a potential pain the backside to deal with). At the same time like you said, you don't want to stifle the endeavour either, especially if the vendor hasn't got their own website, it maybe the only way to get their project noticed.

Best,

Peter

starmanmm November 2nd, 2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

I also think everybody involved as learned something from the experience and things should run much more smoothly for project two.
Ok, what is project two ?

z28barry November 2nd, 2006 04:26 PM

Well, If I remember correctly, it s a Desanto Raider.

BlueSquad2001 November 2nd, 2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28barry
Well, If I remember correctly, it s a Desanto Raider.

You are correct Young Warrior!
:D

dilbertman November 2nd, 2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
You are correct Young Warrior!
:D

BTW, you done with that yet???

Jim :duck:

BlueSquad2001 November 6th, 2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
BTW, you done with that yet???

Jim :duck:

NO......I AIN"T!!!!:D But will be sending the badass Colonial Blaster tomorrow!;)
I'll be posting a list of all the vipers that have shipped and what is about to be shipped int he next day or so. As soon as we have time to go through everything, and Terri asnd I are not so swamped with regular work and home repair guys. I don't have time post more detail now as I'm on a tight schedule, with things to get molded, painted, and shipped, this means your vipers also. So the less I talk here the better I can concentrate. Leave me alone. Nicely said of course.:salute:

starmanmm November 10th, 2006 04:34 PM

I love a happy squadron! :rotf:

Well, back to swabbing the decks! :salute:

Viper 1 November 14th, 2006 12:30 AM

4 Attachment(s)
You got that right Starmanmm.
It's another Tueday....and still no updated list...or anything at the door.
Ho...hummmmmm :(
Well, while we wait.... here's some more of what I'm working on.
For all who might not have seen it in the other thread. This is my Monogram Raider that I've been accurizing. It's finally painted, (Automotive Medium Gray)
the canopy and engine cowling have been painted dark gray. Panel lines have been picked out with a drafting pencil. will be wshing it with acrylic oily black next after painting on the markings.
Hope you enjoy.

dilbertman November 14th, 2006 12:34 AM

Hey Mike you still with us?

Jim :?:

z28barry November 14th, 2006 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
I'll be posting a list of all the vipers that have shipped and what is about to be shipped int he next day or so.

Hey Mike I think it's been a few days or so.
What's happening with the list, inquiring minds want to know.

later, Barry.

starmanmm November 14th, 2006 05:19 PM

Viper 1, what you have done there looks great.

Buuut, it's the enemy and all, but it still looks great! :rotf:

Looking forward to how it looks after the wash.

Viper 1 November 14th, 2006 11:46 PM

Thanks there Starmanmm,
If you look back a few posts ago you'll see a Recon Viper I did.
So I'm not just showing you guys the enemy.

And it looks like good ol Mike has pulled another disapearing trick on us.
It'll probably take another e-mail and PM from the Admin to get him to answer again.

Aussieviper November 20th, 2006 12:57 AM

Is there any update on the vipers shipping?? How many are still waiting? Is there any news? I have sent some emails, but no reply as yet. Does anyone know anything? Going insane and losing interest...... :)

z28barry November 20th, 2006 10:54 AM

I've emailed Mike & Teri 3 days ago and still no response.
I'm coming to the end of my line with this project and all its empty promises and delay after delay after delay.
Mike, I’m getting painfully close to asking for my money back.
You can't keep telling people it's on its way and then go silent without any kind of information or confirmation emails stating it has been shipped.

Lets put the shoe on the other foot.
How would Mike like it if he sent his artwork out to a buyer that kept making excuses as to why the payment hasn't arrived.
I'm more then sure Mike would not be too happy.
Now you kind of understand how we feel, please end the delays or give me a refund.

Thanks, Barry.

BlueSquad2001 November 20th, 2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

I'm coming to the end of my line with this project and all its empty promises and delay after delay after delay.
You can't keep telling people it's on its way and then go silent without any kind of information or confirmation emails stating it has been shipped.

How would Mike like it if he sent his artwork out to a buyer that kept making excuses as to why the payment hasn't arrived.
Now you kind of understand how we feel, please end the delays or give me a refund.

Thanks, Barry.

Do not post any problems here. Send me an e-mail with your phone number, I'll call later today. Do not start anything here and create a problem. Bring your problem to me. I'll handle it.
No More Problems addressed here, period.:salute:
Mike

Gemini1999 November 20th, 2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks, Barry.

Barry -

As we've pointed out earlier in this thread. Colonial Fleets is not a commercial site and we've asked folks that have placed orders with Mike & Terry (or any other vendors posting on this site) to take their business discussions away from CF and the discussion forums and contact the vendor directly.

Any further complaints, gripes, grumbles or what have you that appear in this thread will be summarily deleted without discussion or debate and the offending poster will receive a formal warning.

This is the last time we're gonna address this issue in this thread - I mean it this time!

Regards,

Gemini1999
Colonial Fleets Moderator

Aussieviper November 20th, 2006 11:52 PM

Mike, I live in Australia, so it is a bit hard to give you a call. I have emailed you a couple of times. Can you please shoot me an email and let me know what is going on?
fistius@hotmail.com
Thanks mate, Chris

Gemini1999 November 21st, 2006 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussieviper
Mike, I live in Australia, so it is a bit hard to give you a call. I have emailed you a couple of times. Can you please shoot me an email and let me know what is going on?
fistius@hotmail.com
Thanks mate, Chris

Chris (and everyone else) -

As I pointed out, Colonial Fleets is not supposed to be a "contact list" for Mike, Terri and the items they are producing. I asked people to take their comments, problems and questions regarding their orders off of the board to either email or PM, but that doesn't seem to sink in very well.

I'm going to close the thread to further comments until either Mike and Terri have updates regarding their progress producing new BSG related material or at least something closer to the topic of this thread.

Note to Mike and Terri - PM me or one of the other staff members when you have updates and we will consider re-opening the thread so you can post them.

Regards,

Gemini1999

Gemini1999 November 26th, 2006 10:12 AM

Okay.....

I've received a request from Mike to reopen the thread. He stated that he and Terri have updates, pics and other items of discussion that are relevant to the topic of the thread. I have one proviso - and this goes for both sides.....NO discussion of individual orders, complaints about orders, responses to complaints about orders, etc....

This topic thread is for discussing the devleopment of the items that Mike and Terri are producing. Unless you have something relevant in that vein of discussion, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. If you have questions that aren't relevant to the discussion at hand, such inquiries should be made either by PM or email. Oh, and a non-response to either does not mean you have permission to post about it in-thread either. As I said before, Colonial Fleets is not a commercial site and we do not want to get dragged into the middle of such a venture.

Any off topic posts will be deleted without discussion - if there is a continuing rash of posts that are off topic, I will have no other recourse but to close the thread permanently.

Now, play nice and stick to the rules of this thread....

Sincerely,

Gemini1999