Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

peter noble January 4th, 2006 09:36 AM

Okay, want to see the pilot now! ;)

Best,

Peter

BlueSquad2001 January 4th, 2006 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble
Okay, want to see the pilot now! ;)

Best,

Peter

Pics of the pilots are coming today. They are being sculpted even now. There will be a choice Peter, to either have a female pilot, or male pilot. This is a cool option. Or to order an extrs for your fighter, $20.00. More pics today. :salute:

dilbertman January 4th, 2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble
Okay, want to see the pilot now! ;)

Best,

Peter

Me to.

Jim

spcglider January 4th, 2006 04:30 PM

Okay you guys...

Time to leave Michael alone so he can get this work done!

Alright Michael... you quit hanging around and get back to work.

(Do I sound like a naggy parent now?)

And you kids get on home! Your mom is calling! Go on....GIT!


:) :rotf: ;) :D

-Gordon :viper: :muffit: :viper:

BlueSquad2001 January 4th, 2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
Okay you guys...

Time to leave Michael alone so he can get this work done!

Alright Michael... you quit hanging around and get back to work.

(Do I sound like a naggy parent now?)

And you kids get on home! Your mom is calling! Go on....GIT!


:) :rotf: ;) :D

-Gordon :viper: :muffit: :viper:

LOL!! :D
Just got off the phone with Tom DeSanto! Discussed our trip to meet him and present him with his viper, as well as his raider. Terri (warriorchemist), talked with him a while and had a real BITCH SESSION, LOL, about that "NEW GALACTICA!" YUCK!!! :wtf: :D
He's sending more pics that I need to complete things. Sorry no pics of pilot that I'm ready to present, but soon. Am making mold for wings and waiting for the putty on pilots to dry so that I can begin the detailng. Tom said that the warriors jacket would be used on planet surfaces but that in flight, just the pressure suit that I'm sculpting the pilot in now would be worn, then jacket put on upon landing. Pics soon, I promise. Now...as Gordon said, I'm outta here and back to work . Now you kids git on home! :D

dilbertman January 4th, 2006 06:55 PM

Going home. Wait I am home. But I'll be back!

Jim :cylon:

BlueSquad2001 January 5th, 2006 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
Going home. Wait I am home. But I'll be back!

Jim :cylon:

DAMN Dilbert! :D
That's some funny S*#T! :wtf:
Back to sculpting! :salute:

BlueSquad2001 January 5th, 2006 12:34 PM

:colonial: NEW ANNOUNCMENT- FEMALE CYLON SCULPTURES!! :colonial:
Okay, after talking with Tom Desanto last night and telling him of my sculpting ideas, he told me something that I needed to hear, and well I've decided to release her as a kit.
It is a female CYLON! She's been shelved for over a year and Tom encouraged me to finish her and offer her to the fans. Heres a quick pic of the head alone, will show the rest as it progresses. :salute:
http://tinypic.com/jr9sv8.jpg

this just to make you all wonder what I've got going that you have'nt even seen yet. :D
You want this cast and offered? :salute:

dilbertman January 5th, 2006 02:34 PM

:thumbsup:

Jim

spcglider January 5th, 2006 03:22 PM

Thats funny. I always had a thought to do a female cylon outfit for my wife. that way I could do a Baltar costume and we could go around together and she could nag me.

"Baltar... take out the garbage."
"Baltar... go plug the children in."
"Baltar... you lazy lout, WHEN will you ever destroy the humans???"

-Gordon

ernie90125 January 5th, 2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

and telling him of my sculpting ideas, he told me something that I needed to hear
Just to clarify......Tom told you that his Continuation would have included female Cylons ?

If so...that's a very interesting idea. One that I had never considered.

I might speculate that if Cy (from The Return of Starbuck) returned to a Cylon Empire whether having seen genders at work...the development of Cylon women was drawn from his experiences ?

Cool pictures.......

dilbertman January 5th, 2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
:colonial: NEW ANNOUNCMENT- FEMALE CYLON SCULPTURES!! :colonial:
Okay, after talking with Tom Desanto last night and telling him of my sculpting ideas, he told me something that I needed to hear, and well I've decided to release her as a kit.
It is a female CYLON! She's been shelved for over a year and Tom encouraged me to finish her and offer her to the fans. Heres a quick pic of the head alone, will show the rest as it progresses. :salute:
http://tinypic.com/jr9sv8.jpg

this just to make you all wonder what I've got going that you have'nt even seen yet. :D
You want this cast and offered? :salute:

Just make sure the spine glows RED.

Jim :cylon: :naughty: :drool: :kiss: :toaster: :love:

BlueSquad2001 January 5th, 2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125
Just to clarify......Tom told you that his Continuation would have included female Cylons ?

If so...that's a very interesting idea. One that I had never considered.

I might speculate that if Cy (from The Return of Starbuck) returned to a Cylon Empire whether having seen genders at work...the development of Cylon women was drawn from his experiences ?

Cool pictures.......

:colonial: NEW PICS :colonial:

Heres the finalized laser cannons! They are cool, and look nice on the viper. :D
No, Tom did not mention that feamle cylons were in the continuation, but for me to finish this sculpt and that it gives him further ideas to contemplate. His continuation, is not a "has been" idea. This giant only sleeps. :salute:
http://tinypic.com/jrsllj.jpg

http://tinypic.com/jrso7m.jpg

Sept17th January 5th, 2006 07:25 PM

This thread has been very interesting for the fan film maker.

spcglider January 6th, 2006 09:20 AM

Got a little "X-wing cannon" style action going on there with the guns, eh? Not a critique... just noticing more stylistic similarities to the X-wing cannons than to the original Viper cannons.

-Gordon

spcglider January 6th, 2006 09:31 AM

After looking carefully at the unpainted prototype, I've come to the conclusion that it doesnt look like X-wing cannons.

It looks more like a stretched-out water heater!

Just joking Michael! Looks delicious!

-Gordon

Dawg January 7th, 2006 11:21 AM

I was perusing the forum and was again reading WarriorChemist's "rude guy" thread when Mrs. Dawg came in and read over my shoulder (she thinks he was rude, too, BTW). I showed her this thread as I explained to her what was going on.

Understand that Mrs. Dawg is not a huge fan of Battlestar Galactica (although she shares my low opinion of GINO). But even she saw the design difference in the Viper models you guys are doing and GINO's, and recognized them as from the DeSanto production. (She asked "how old is he, anyway? Surely not old enough to know the difference.")

:LOL:

That's my wife!

Anyway - these look gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. So is Mrs. Dawg. ;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

WarriorChemist January 7th, 2006 12:28 PM

A couple of questions...
 
Hello Dawg... Tell Mrs. Dawg I like her! I like both of you, of course! Anyway, please excuse my ignorance, but what is GINO? The only GINO I've ever heard of was a pizza place near my grandmother's house in Ohio! Great pizza, by the way! But something tells me that's not what you are talking about.

And Gordon... you figured out the water heater secret! Oh no! ;) Just kidding, but what is an X-wing cannon?

Speaking of water heaters, I'm going to go put mine to work and wash some clothes in hot water.

Have a nice day everybody! :salute:

Dawg January 7th, 2006 12:46 PM

I will, WC, and thank you.

GINO = Galactica In Name Only.

It refers to the Moore/Eick de-creation (*juvenile snicker*) currently running on Sci-Fi.

I also had a GINO's Pizza in my neighborhood when I was young. The pizza was OK, but the hot pastrami sandwiches were to die for (this place pre-dated Quiznos by about 20 years). The place is now a Chinese restaurant....

*sigh*

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

BlueSquad2001 January 7th, 2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg
I will, WC, and thank you.

GINO = Galactica In Name Only.

It refers to the Moore/Eick de-creation (*juvenile snicker*) currently running on Sci-Fi.

I also had a GINO's Pizza in my neighborhood when I was young. The pizza was OK, but the hot pastrami sandwiches were to die for (this place pre-dated Quiznos by about 20 years). The place is now a Chinese restaurant....

*sigh*

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Hey DOG!!!LONG TIME BUDDY!
I see you met my lady in arms? She's sweet, but that jerk really upset her bad. I think he's just jealous! :rotf:
And still, the pilot sculpt is about ready to be shown, as well as the full complete buildup. The cockpit, I'm having troubles with, but will clear that up in a day or so. Am getting ready to do the raider as we have begun making our orders for materials! This is gonna be a cool year for Galactica models. And no more GINO models hopefully will appear!!! :D I love that...GINO! :rotf: I'm gonna let DeSanto in on that! :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets