Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

emerita May 3rd, 2003 10:26 AM

Aerosmith is one of my favorites...they will always have what it takes, now that they are all back together......

Flamingo Girl May 3rd, 2003 09:07 PM

*starts to say something that might embarass self, then changes mind*

bsg1fan1975 May 4th, 2003 08:30 PM

i loved those bands. was once very into Guns 'n Roses but now a days its a mish mash of music for me.

Dawg May 5th, 2003 12:57 PM

There are only a couple of bands today worth noticing, in my opinion. Nickleback, Godsmack (but only in small doses - their first CD was kind of a downer), maybe one or two others. I'm NOT into pop.

I just like that old-time rock an' roll.
That kind of music just saves my soul.
I reminisce about the days of old.
I like that old-time rock an' roll.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Flamingo Girl May 5th, 2003 08:17 PM

I've lost intrest in the music lately, I've been leaning on my collection.

bsg1fan1975 May 5th, 2003 09:21 PM

Kev doesn't listen to country that much. I was talking with my parents the other day and we all agree that will change after he has been around this family for a while.

Flamingo Girl May 5th, 2003 09:46 PM

I was kind of forced into country for awhile.
Some of it is ok.

bsg1fan1975 May 6th, 2003 08:26 AM

grew up on it and other music. One of my favorites is Elvis. My dad is a fan of his music. Got me into listening to it when i was young.

Flamingo Girl May 6th, 2003 09:02 AM

My mom didn't like rock music until the 80's, so all the oldie rock I like I found on my own, including Elvis. I still get a chuckle out of the fact that the bands my mother chose to like were The Euythmics and Culture Club. Of course, she also liked Liberachi (sp?)...

bsg1fan1975 May 6th, 2003 07:12 PM

lol ok that is definately a switch.

Dawg May 12th, 2003 01:08 PM

Lawrence Welk.

My folks watched his show in the late '50s and early 60's.

One day we were driving down the street and I (I have no memory of this) suddenly started saying "DOTS! DOTS!" and pointing out the window.

The car following us was a Dodge, a main sponsor of the Lawrence Welk show.

An' a One, An' a Two, An' a T'ree....

And you wonder why I liked Alice Cooper?:devil:

I am
Dawg

LadyImmortal May 12th, 2003 04:43 PM

LOL!

Goodness - someone posts at midnight and the rest of us are in bed - we'll be doomed, lol!

--Rhonda

emerita May 12th, 2003 06:31 PM

Although I was raised with Buddy Holley, Patsy Cline, Bobby Vale and the 50's music....I absolutely love Aerosmith, Creed, No Doubt, Pink, Eminem and a little Slipknot thrown in....I imagine I'll be the only old lady in the "home" with that music..... :thumbsup: I have had younger people be shocked that I could be "old" and like modern music. :D

Flamingo Girl May 12th, 2003 06:56 PM

I was raised on Lawrence Welk and Hee Haw.

I actually liked watching LW, coz I thought Bobby was the cutest thing on two legs.

emerita May 13th, 2003 02:37 PM

LOL...I thought Bobby was a dreamboat too...... :thumbsup: My favorite was the Lennon Sisters...I used to sing along with all of their songs.... :D

Dawg May 13th, 2003 06:44 PM

(In the voice of Lawrence Welk):

"An' now, here are the lovely Lemon sisters, singin' 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction.'"

Robin Williams.

:laugh:

I am
Dawg

Flamingo Girl May 13th, 2003 07:28 PM

We used to get the reruns of the original Mickey Mouse Club. I kinda wonder what he looks like now.

Dawg May 16th, 2003 11:43 AM

Is he still around? (Bobby Burgess. LW has gone to his reward, which I hope involves Jimmy Hendrix and Janice Joplin.)

I am
Dawg

Flamingo Girl May 19th, 2003 08:35 PM

A few years ago, there was a special Mickey Mouse Club reunion and Bobby participated in it, so yes, he's still around.

emerita May 22nd, 2003 03:17 PM

Em peeks in a claims the title...........