Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

Viper 1 October 28th, 2006 02:11 PM

I couldn't agree with you more.
I wish we would get some kinda word from him or his girlfriend....
Anything.....something.

starmanmm October 29th, 2006 12:05 PM

For whats its worth... I heard from him back on Oct 19th. This is what he emailed me...

We got about half of them out. We're still pouring molds to complete more kits. They have a lot of parts and the boxes are addressed and sitting all over the living room, each partially filled with parts. We've had a lot of rain which has slowed things down. We can't pour the resin in high humidity. I hope tomorrow
will be ideal for pouring! Michael will post on the fleets and RPF when we
ship again!

I know it has been ten days since he emailed me, but I didn't know if this info would help? :/:

Just to change the subject... anyone building a Galatica kit? I believe at an earlier posting, there was talk of a 24' or 40" kit?

Viper 1 October 29th, 2006 11:12 PM

It does... to a certain extent... Starmanmm.
But to not post something on here to let us all, that have ordered and payed for our kits, know what is going on is not understandable.

I do know that Mike's still around..... A friend got a responce from him on one of his auctions on eBay..... yesterday!!!!!. So, at least we know nothing tragic has happened.

Mike....... talk to us..... just let us know whats going on. You are burning bridges here. We have given you our money in good faith. Have some respect for our trust in you for our orders, and tell us what's going on.

CallsignRattler October 30th, 2006 01:49 PM

So he has time to sell items on Ebay....but no time to take care of folks who sent him months ago!!! A little communication would go VERY far here. But I guess when you have someone's money you really don't need to communicate with them.

What I REALLY do not understand is why he is still pouring resin! I mean what was he doing while he was waiting for the parts from Gordon? Or while he was waiting for the parts from Coby?

Jeesh he made it seem like all the kits were boxed up and ready to go. Now he cannot pour resin because its raining?

Not hopeful at all.

BST October 30th, 2006 04:23 PM

:ahem:

Folks,

Recent postings on this thread have caused concern amongst the Fleets Staff. I will be contacting Mike and Terri, via PM and email, and requesting that they provide you folks with updates regarding your purchase arrangments.

Going forward, the Staff would appreciate it immensely, if feedback were conducted via the PM and/or email route. Colonial Fleets does not have any vested interest in their business and only provided space, in threads like this, which could facilitate the business dealings and help to "spread the word".

We do appreciate the patience that you all have shown and ask for a wee bit more while we do whatever we can to help resolve the situation for you.

BST
Admin, Colonial Fleets

Viper 1 October 30th, 2006 05:47 PM

Thank you soooooo very much.
Any help at this point will be appreciated beyond the Lords of Kobol. :D

dilbertman October 30th, 2006 07:22 PM

Maybe it would be better for all if Mike makes the next ship first, then list it for sale when it ready to go to the Post Office, UPS, FedEx, etc...

Jim :?:

Viper 1 October 30th, 2006 07:39 PM

You'll have to clarify that statement Dilbertman. (What next ship ? )

For all else here....I was just reading the RPF board thread on our vipers here and there is a Steve over there that evedentaly talked to Mike and Terri on Sat.
The story is, (from his posting) that because of bad weather Mike has not been able to pour parts until this last weekend. And he was told...(again by them and this is his word, second hand) that the next batch of our kits were to go out either today..(monday) or Tuesday.

Let us all pray to the Lords that this is true.

I'd still like the Admin here to contact Mike and Terri and confirm all this for all of us here. Since they seem reluctant to at least update us themselves.

dilbertman October 30th, 2006 07:56 PM

On another thread here Mike said he planned on doing the DeSanto Cylon Raider after the Viper was done. He has also talked about doing other DeSanto props.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12720

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12894

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12481

Jim :blink:

BST October 30th, 2006 08:02 PM

Folks,

I've just sent a message to Mike and Teri and am awaiting a reply. I'll keep you informed.

BST

BlueSquad2001 October 31st, 2006 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
I put in a call to Michael as well and let him know you guys were on the board wondering where your kits were at. No answer, but M is usually really good about getting back to me.

-G

Yes Gordon ad thank You. I've had disturbing problems, but all is well, and we are shipping more today. Thanks for speaking up for me. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 October 31st, 2006 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallsignRattler
I am waiting as well. I loved Mike's post about going to the post office and feeling good. He made it sound like he shipping dozens of kits out. Living room full of boxes etc. I thnk he was not telling the whole story there. Sadly I think he only shipped a few out.

No posts. No returns on phone calls. No nothing. I am also starting to think we were all RIPPED OFF. :thumbdown

While I hope for the best, and hope all is well over at Michaels, each day that passes with no communication and no box just makes me more irrate.

Still hopeful....but the idea of building the kit is becoming sour to me now.

You can think what you like, your head is playing tricks on you. We have had some problems, and this is not a self help board, so I' not bringing them up here. Now, go take some pills, have a drink ;) and chill. You viper will be there soon.

BlueSquad2001 October 31st, 2006 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallsignRattler
So he has time to sell items on Ebay....but no time to take care of folks who sent him months ago!!! A little communication would go VERY far here. But I guess when you have someone's money you really don't need to communicate with them.

What I REALLY do not understand is why he is still pouring resin! I mean what was he doing while he was waiting for the parts from Gordon? Or while he was waiting for the parts from Coby?

Jeesh he made it seem like all the kits were boxed up and ready to go. Now he cannot pour resin because its raining?

Not hopeful at all.

Yeah I sell all day everyday, commissions, and I juggle many jobs and tasks each day. I' sorry for you not getting your viper sooner, I sincerely am, but you don't know what is going on, and sometimes your so busy that you forget to get to the computer. I know I am. And no, I don't answer all e-bay questions, 2 others also assist with that, so if there was a question, I hope they answered it correctly.
Your viper will be sent as we are going down the list. And back when I was waiting on Gordons parts buddy, I had enough casting, but the list grew. :D knucklehead.
Your getting your viper, sorry if your britches are in a wad, but leave the negative b.s. off of the fleets. Call me. ;)

BlueSquad2001 October 31st, 2006 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
On another thread here Mike said he planned on doing the DeSanto Cylon Raider after the Viper was done. He has also talked about doing other DeSanto props.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12720

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12894

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12481

Jim :blink:

Dilbertman, your a friend. I appreciate you and Gordon tremendously. :salute:

spcglider October 31st, 2006 07:08 AM

Okay... Michael's back. A little brash, but he is back and laying it out for us. I just spoke with him via phone. Just now.

The rain is, in fact, causing him troubles with the parts he's casting. He's operating out of a garage-like structure with no fashion of drying the air out. He is also taking good heed of my advice on working with urethanes and is trying to maintain a safe workspace with plenty of ventilation and such.

I belive that he is working with all due diligence to get the kits done. But Mother Nature is throwing him yet another curveball. If you work with pouring resins, you'll know what the effect of excess moisture is on your casting. It comes out weird and lumpy and soft with masses of bubbles.

Bottom line: Michael WILL get your kit(s) out to you. He's not ripping you off. He's just cursed.

-Gordon

BlueSquad2001 October 31st, 2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Okay... Michael's back. A little brash, but he is back and laying it out for us. I just spoke with him via phone. Just now.

The rain is, in fact, causing him troubles with the parts he's casting. He's operating out of a garage-like structure with no fashion of drying the air out. He is also taking good heed of my advice on working with urethanes and is trying to maintain a safe workspace with plenty of ventilation and such.

I belive that he is working with all due diligence to get the kits done. But Mother Nature is throwing him yet another curveball. If you work with pouring resins, you'll know what the effect of excess moisture is on your casting. It comes out weird and lumpy and soft with masses of bubbles.

Bottom line: Michael WILL get your kit(s) out to you. He's not ripping you off. He's just cursed.

-Gordon

Thank You for the kind words Gordon. We aprreciate them here at Lil" Apogee! :rotf:

spcglider October 31st, 2006 11:54 AM

Wouldn' t that be "Lil' Heartland"?

-G

BlueSquad2001 October 31st, 2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Wouldn' t that be "Lil' Heartland"?

-G

NO! It would'nt. :hack: :barf:

CallsignRattler October 31st, 2006 03:16 PM

Michael,
Thanks for the update, but not for the attitude. You caused the BS by not living up to your word and not keeping the folks who paid for kits updated on the situation.

A little communication goes along way. With no info, and no updates one can only make assumptions based on past experiences with other garage kit sellers who never made good on any promise.

And as for my britches being in a wad.....man...knock it off. Do you always have to have a condecending attitude? Put yourself in your customers shoes. You would think you would be a bit nicer considering the circumstances.

But hey...I am only a paid in full customer :D

Hoping they all shipped between today and Monday. EAGERLY awaiting to post good news that the viper has arrived !!!!

All the best......

CSR

Gemini1999 October 31st, 2006 05:12 PM

Okay folks....

We've gotten communication from Mike as to the status of shipments, etc. which is fine.

As for the "tone" of the conversation on both sides, I feel it necessary to point out that this is NOT how we communicate with one another at Colonial Fleets. If Mike has issues with some of the messages posted in his absence, then he should either adress them in a more civil manner, or do it by PM if civility is not the order of the day. The same goes for everyone else - if they have gripes with how Mike is handling things on his end, that's not what this board is for.

Any further transgressions of this kind will not be rewarded kindly.

Play nice and now back to the conversation at hand (refer to the topic heading in case you've forgotten).

Regards,

Gemini1999
Colonial Fleets Moderator