Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

kitty May 8th, 2004 04:48 PM

I love star wars.

So you will have to come up with something worse.

Holodoc is waiting to claim a victim to feathers and syrup, and I am her accomplice.

ernie90125 May 8th, 2004 04:50 PM

surely you cannot be sooo much of a fan that you like the holiday special ?

Anyone with such tastes will be able to overpower me.....

Ernie90125 now backing away with fear.....

kitty May 8th, 2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125
surely you cannot be sooo much of a fan that you like the holiday special ?

Anyone with such tastes will be able to overpower me.....

Ernie90125 now backing away with fear.....

You would do well to fear me! :devil: :devil:

You have not seen all this kitty can pack!

ernie90125 May 8th, 2004 04:57 PM

You mean you actually survived seeing the Star Wars Holiday Special, and went on to fight another day ???? One tough kitty....

kitty May 8th, 2004 05:02 PM

You got that right.
You have to toughen up, when you are the head of the household.

ernie90125 May 8th, 2004 05:13 PM

A few years ago, my best mate and I had a bit of an upset. So I decided to punish him.

I asked him to pop round to watch a video. He was surprised at this, since we were got getting on too well....

I made him watch the SW Holiday Special. He promised to be a good boy from then on !!!!

TRUE STORY !!!!!

kitty May 8th, 2004 05:17 PM

I can watch most things except soaps, Eastenders, corry, emerdale etc, cant stand them. The other is football, the only bit in that, which is bareable is the streakers.
Give me SW holiday special any day over those.

ernie90125 May 8th, 2004 05:26 PM

No, I can't stand those much either. And judgeing from an article in today's Express, neither can Dirty Den, and he is one of the people in them !!!!!!!

Then again, it is a clode run thing between a cookery lesson with Vera Duckworth, and Chewie's wife.....

kitty May 8th, 2004 05:38 PM

Kitty jumps on Ernie and runs away with the thread! :laugh:

Ian_W359 May 8th, 2004 05:42 PM

Oooh, I could have bought the SW holiday special a few weeks ago, but I thought better not to get it.

I do remember seeing the Muppets Star Wars episode a few years ago tho...

Ian W359
:)

kitty May 8th, 2004 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_W359
Oooh, I could have bought the SW holiday special a few weeks ago, but I thought better not to get it.

I do remember seeing the Muppets Star Wars episode a few years ago tho...

Ian W359
:)

Good to see you here at long last!

Ernie will probably pat you on the back for not buying the SW holiday special.
Where did you see it?

I love the muppets!

So are you up and able to grapple for the thread, which I happen to have right now?

ernie90125 May 8th, 2004 05:48 PM

The only good part of the SW Holiday Special, was the cartoon....

I've never seen the Muppets SW show.

Some good news for those who may not have heard is that there will be a SW TV series in 2006. Wookie cookery lessons not included.

Ian_W359 May 8th, 2004 05:52 PM

I saw the tape at the 'Memorabilia' show at the N.E.C. recently, in a B&W sleeve. it didn't look very good. I got a bit wary of these videos after buying a blooper tape a few years before - it had a Galactica reel on it, but the video quality was a bit dodgy.

I now use my droid power to take the thread!

Ian W359
:)

kitty May 8th, 2004 05:56 PM

I will not buy a video tape again.
I love DVDs, they are a godsend.

So what are you doing up so late?

Kitty takes them unawares, and slips away with the thread!

ernie90125 May 8th, 2004 05:56 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. I have been thinging about buying one of the Holiday Specials DVDs on ebay. But the quality could be terrible....

I was going to buy it in case my best mate Michael starts playing up again. Most people, other than powerful pussies, cannot withstand an hour of SW characters singing.....

ernie90125 May 8th, 2004 05:59 PM

I haven't bought video for as long as I haven't bought audio tape.....

With one exception, I bought a video of Space Mutiny. Do you two know the BSG connection there ? I have been meaning to convert it to VCD for ages......

Ian_W359 May 8th, 2004 06:04 PM

Well, let me see (while seizing the thread)....

My sister has just finished playing Gran Turismo 3 for the night on my 6 day old PS2 (which I bought to play the Battlestar Galactica game on), & I've been perusing some of the BSG forums (Colonial Fleets & Cylon Alliance).

As for SW characters singing, my sister's best mate has a CD of C3PO & R2D2 singing Christmas songs, beat that!

Ian W359
:)

kitty May 8th, 2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_W359
Well, let me see (while seizing the thread)....

My sister has just finished playing Gran Turismo 3 for the night on my 6 day old PS2 (which I bought to play the Battlestar Galactica game on), & I've been perusing some of the BSG forums (Colonial Fleets & Cylon Alliance).

As for SW characters singing, my sister's best mate has a CD of C3PO & R2D2 singing Christmas songs, beat that!

Ian W359
:)

I like how you try to take control there! ;)

I have a PS2, and grand turismo is a great game. I love my chipped x-box. There is a game that I adore on it called whacked! Its brilliant! Fun to play against others if you like group play. Which I do, so much better than playing on your tod.

Can't beat C3PO & R2D2 singing.

But I can take the thread from you. :D

ernie90125 May 8th, 2004 06:12 PM

Space Mutiny was a film made in 1989. It is a B-list movie. They had a VERY small budget. The flaws in the film are as follows :

It was shot in a warehouse. There were windows in the top and you could see daylight shinging through !!!!

Sets wobbled (not a first in sci-fi)

The acting was err...err....

The special effects budget was very very little. So the licensed...wait for it....

All the special effects from Battlestar Galactica. What we know as the Galactica, was to them the Southern Sun. They defended themselves again Raiders, in Vipers and even the shuttles (with GAL### still on the side) were the same.....

It was all basically cut out of BSG, and put in this film....

kitty May 8th, 2004 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125
Space Mutiny was a film made in 1989. It is a B-list movie. They had a VERY small budget. The flaws in the film are as follows :

It was shot in a warehouse. There were windows in the top and you could see daylight shinging through !!!!

Sets wobbled (not a first in sci-fi)

The acting was err...err....

The special effects budget was very very little. So the licensed...wait for it....

All the special effects from Battlestar Galactica. What we know as the Galactica, was to them the Southern Sun. They defended themselves again Raiders, in Vipers and even the shuttles (with GAL### still on the side) were the same.....

It was all basically cut out of BSG, and put in this film....

By the sounds of it, I am glad that I have never seen it!

Kitty tugs the thread off Ernie, and waves it around.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets