Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

Viper 04 June 17th, 2006 01:08 AM

He is a shifty one indeed.......shifty but clever.

I know.....He's a member of our local Sci-Fi modelers club.

Our club has LOTZ of great talent on board.

I get the honors of seeing him create the prototypes of his latest BS designs.

Many of our Seattle area guys came home from Wonderfest with Silver and Bronze medals.

Hey Michael......you and Terri should try to make it to Wonderfest in 07!!

BlueSquad2001 June 18th, 2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper 04
He is a shifty one indeed.......shifty but clever.

I know.....He's a member of our local Sci-Fi modelers club.

Our club has LOTZ of great talent on board.

I get the honors of seeing him create the prototypes of his latest BS designs.

Many of our Seattle area guys came home from Wonderfest with Silver and Bronze medals.

Hey Michael......you and Terri should try to make it to Wonderfest in 07!!

Hey, we will do just that. :salute:
By the way, do you have my home e-mail? I think you do, contact me tomorrow as I'll be touching base and updating everyone involved, on the kit. And where we are at right at this moment with finally some closure. :D
Thanks Viper, you've been kind and it is appreciated. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 June 19th, 2006 03:45 PM

Viper Kit Update

Okay, first of all I want to thank all of the new friends we have made through this project, all of you, near and far. From right here in America, all the way to Austrailia and England. We love you and have enjoyed getting to know you, and talking to you personally. I also appreciate all of the e-mails and am very greatful for all of the faith and friendly support you have given me. I also want to thank all of you for the kind letters regarding the passing of my best friend, ven though some of them did not get replies, they are none the less dearly remembered and were of great value to me in that period of greif.
As of this moment, I have not heard one complaint out of any of you, with the exception of some jerks in Calif. but that is a forgotten and wasted moment.
You all have every right to feel just tired of waiting and anxious, if you do, concerning the shipment of your kit, or kits. I want you to know that we honestly feel that too. We are tired and angry, because of one thing or another going wrong, or holding the project back from shipping, I wish like hell I had'nt given all of you a shipping time, and then again another shipping time, until I was certain and had everything together and ready to go to the post office. I'm very sorry, from the bottom of my heart, that I misled anyone of you, and feel very bad about it. I really am bothered by this, and feel I must make it up to you all, and in one way or another, I will. That I can promise.
What happened? This is the question that you are all wondering and wanting to ask, but have not. This lets me know that you have faith in me and my professionalism, and I will reward that by telling you all the truth.
When I last had promised on the threads that we were about to ship, we had recieved the final batch of silicone to mold the final parts and all was proceeding well. I was excited about finally being finished and shipping these and was sure that all wuld be well. Then the molds for the canopy and guns did not turn out well, and we were forced to find a trustworthy pro that would assist us in correcting this problem, and in turn also would produce better castings of the parts. I turned to (Spcglider) as you all know and we are all fond of, to help. He did, and it was like I knew it would be, he did a terrific job molding the parts and then he even went so far as to cast many pieces of each. Thank You Gordon!
All was well, and I just knew you all were going to be surprised soon to find your kits in the mail delivery. But once again, something went wrong. And it has delayed us for over a week. Gordon accidentally, I must add, placed an incorrect zip code on the package. And it is lost in the mail system somewhere. One would think surely that the post office would take a look at the address and get it sent to the proper location. But they have yet to correct this. Gordon and I both are waiting, and I have discussed the problem with the post office, and have kept in touch with Gordon, and he has assured me, again today, that it will come back to him, or to me, one or the other. As soon as this package gets to me, this is what will happen, I will gather all the kits, box them and ship them that day, and confirm with everyone, that their order has shipped. And then we can rejoice.
I will ask all of you, to please be patient a little longer, and your wait will be rewarded. I'm certain that this will be resolved soon, and will keep after it until you all have your vipers. That you can trust. The wait will soon be over.
Let me also say that if you have any questions, regarding this issue, or any other about the viper, shoot the questions to me here and now and I'll be more than happy to put your minds at ease with a quick reply.
You all have my home e-mail, and my number. Don't hesitate to call if you need to.
Because of the nature of the project, it has been quite an out of the pocket expense to produce. And thanks to Tom Desanto for being a friend and helping me to produce a great number of kits soon to find their way to you all.
I want to say this, please be patient, you will get your kits. That is definate. We all have not gone through this production for nothing rest assured.
Thank You All!

spcglider June 19th, 2006 03:54 PM

I have been assured that, one way or another, that the package will either be delivered to Michael aftre they figure out what the proper code is, or it will be returned to me...as I put my return adress VERY clearly on every package I send out.

You all deserve apologies from me as well. I should have confirmed Michael's zip code before I sent it out. If the package comes back to me, it will be repackaged that very moment and re-sent to Michael via Fed Ex Overnight to expedite the whole thing .

I beg of you all just a bit more patience. These kits are going to be truly lovely. And I know you'll all be very happy when they get to you.

As I mentioned earlier... I'm waiting on a kit too! lol!!

Your most humble servant.
-Gordon

Capt Dave Atkin June 20th, 2006 03:04 AM

good pic lol

TwoBrainedCylon June 20th, 2006 04:22 AM

Let me see if I understand this ... a large project ran into some snags. We've never seen that happen before.

No worries Mike. You don't take on anything big without hitting some road blocks along the way. Sounds like you guys are tacking the problems and doing what you can to make the best kit possible, which is all I expect. Problems happen and real life often has a way of leaping in front of deadlines like these.

Sandy

spcglider June 20th, 2006 07:27 AM

Thanks for the understanding Sandy!

-G

BlueSquad2001 June 20th, 2006 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon
Let me see if I understand this ... a large project ran into some snags. We've never seen that happen before.

No worries Mike. You don't take on anything big without hitting some road blocks along the way. Sounds like you guys are tacking the problems and doing what you can to make the best kit possible, which is all I expect. Problems happen and real life often has a way of leaping in front of deadlines like these.

Sandy

LOL! Thanks Sandy. Just caught your post, and as soon as I come up for air, I'll be giving you a call.
Incidently, Kuhn Global over at the RPF made this comment, and I'm gonna paste it here.
"Considering all that you have gone through,.. a wrong zip code seems kind of amusing! LOL. "

Thanks for the update Michael!
Kurt is cool, but for some wierd reason, I can't seem to get him over here at the Fleets! Dammit! :D

peter noble June 20th, 2006 08:15 AM

Felgercarb happens.

You just have to ride it out.

Everything will be five by five in the end. :thumbsup:

Viper 04 June 20th, 2006 05:44 PM

NO PROBLEMO DUDES!

Crap happens.

Its cool your letting us know whats up and thats all that matters.

Micheal.....Right now I can not get my emails at my regular e-address so use this one orca0404@gmail.com

BlueSquad2001 June 20th, 2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper 04
NO PROBLEMO DUDES!

Crap happens.

Its cool your letting us know whats up and thats all that matters.

Micheal.....Right now I can not get my emails at my regular e-address so use this one orca0404@gmail.com

I'm glad you're a new member of our family here Viper. Interesting that you started off ordering the Viper and now you're becoming a respected and outspoken member here. Saluting you. :salute:
And Thank You Peter, you are also a GREAT FRIEND! And I value your help and advice. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 June 20th, 2006 10:39 PM

OLD PICS!

I thought since I have'nt shown much for some time, that I'd give all of you a lil' blast from the past on this project. Some of these pics, none have ever seen, so here are some jems. ;)
http://i6.tinypic.com/154k3f9.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/154k3nc.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/154k3ue.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/154k42a.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/154k5md.jpg

Viper 04 June 21st, 2006 04:37 PM

Thank you Micheal.

An interesting place to hang out.

I hope to add more pics to my Monogram 1/32 scale Viper soon.

BlueSquad2001 June 24th, 2006 12:41 AM

UPDATE!!!!

Okay all.
Gordon called today, and gave me the info about the incorrect zip code that he placed on the package. It led to a small town in Ark, called Morrilton. A very teeny weenie whole in the wall, that I went after. I first found that there is only one post office in this town, and the second thing is that the down does not have a road by the name of mine. After contacting them, they were unsure of where the package was, and that it probably was returned to the sender, or on it's way here to L.R.
So I notified our local post office Mgr., and informed him of the problem, which he responded with the package not being there either. Upon speaking with my mail carrier, she told me what to further do, that calling the local post office will get you no where.
I called and voiced a complaint with U.S.P.S. Gov, and was informed that it would be investigated and found, and that I would hear from them by no later than Wed.
Gordon is supposed to do the same, and to also personally check with his two local post offices.
We'll know something soon enough.

spcglider June 26th, 2006 09:52 AM

I checked with both my work post office and my home post office. No package at either. I was assured, however, that the package would be delivered... most likely to you Michael. The fellow at my post office suggested calling the mistaken postal code office and ask for the back room clerk. He said that if anybody would know where it was, that guy would.

-Gordon

BlueSquad2001 June 27th, 2006 09:11 AM

These guys no nothing.
And I'm getting pissed.
Some post office had best be coughing up some info real soon, or I'm gonna take a legal avenue and stir the cauldron.

spcglider June 27th, 2006 09:38 AM

Patience, grasshopper.

I understand that alot of folks (including me) are waiting on kits and that you want to get this bit of karma settled, but lets see if a little detective work helps before we send in the 500 pound gorillas.

I'll call the post office at the postal code I sent it to and ask about it.

-G

spcglider June 27th, 2006 09:44 AM

Here's a clue: NEVER call 1800-ask-usps if you would like to talk with a human being. Its useless. They don't give you that option.-Gordon

BlueSquad2001 June 27th, 2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
Patience, grasshopper.

I understand that alot of folks (including me) are waiting on kits and that you want to get this bit of karma settled, but lets see if a little detective work helps before we send in the 500 pound gorillas.

I'll call the post office at the postal code I sent it to and ask about it.

-G

Hey Gordon, I called the Morrilton post office and they did not know anything and they acted like they had never encountered it.
I don't believe in karma. Karma=Smarma, lets figure out what to do. I've already spoken to one of my 500 pound gorillas and they await the call to arms, so to speak. Besides, we are going into a month that the package has been lost. And I for one have had enough, and am ready to blaze another trail, one that leads to the goods. I'm going to take 10, and then begin more calls.

BlueSquad2001 June 27th, 2006 09:49 AM

Go to U.S.P.S.com and find the link to lost packages and call the help line like I did. After listening to their menu, I just held the line until a real human picked up, it worked. :D