Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Member (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16989)

Captain Chirri May 15th, 2009 01:59 PM

Hello out there my fellow Galactica fans! My name is Captain Chirri, and I have been a fan of the original series ever since it was first broadcast waaay back in 1978.

I was thirteen years old at the time, and I loved this show to pieces. It was even better than Star Trek, which was my first sci-fi love.

The second season of the show shocked the snot out of me, and I wondered "Where IS everybody? Who are all these new people? I wanna see Starbuck and Apollo!"

I can't wait to start looking through the various threads and leaving my feedback about them.

Don't worry, I tend to be a very nice person, and am never vicious when it comes to feedback. I try to keep my criticism constructive, but if something puzzles me, I am going to ask what may seem to be dumb questions.

Are crossover stories allowed on this board? I am not about to bring the new series into anything, but I am working on a Galactica story that crosses over with something else.

Depending upon the response I get, I just may get back to work on it.

If anyone is interested, let me know via PM or email.

Looking forward to shooting down Cylons with everybody.:salute:

Reaper May 15th, 2009 02:26 PM

Re: New Member

Welcome to the party!!

I'd be interested in hearing your cross over ideas. I'm a big fan of some crossovers myself. :) I just have to get off my rear and start writing again.

gmd3d May 15th, 2009 03:10 PM

Welcome aboard ..

Kronus May 15th, 2009 03:21 PM

Welcome! Are you uniformed yet?

BST May 15th, 2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Chirri (Post 289819)
Hello out there my fellow Galactica fans! My name is Captain Chirri, and I have been a fan of the original series ever since it was first broadcast waaay back in 1978.

I was thirteen years old at the time, and I loved this show to pieces. It was even better than Star Trek, which was my first sci-fi love.

The second season of the show shocked the snot out of me, and I wondered "Where IS everybody? Who are all these new people? I wanna see Starbuck and Apollo!"

I can't wait to start looking through the various threads and leaving my feedback about them.

Don't worry, I tend to be a very nice person, and am never vicious when it comes to feedback. I try to keep my criticism constructive, but if something puzzles me, I am going to ask what may seem to be dumb questions.

Are crossover stories allowed on this board? I am not about to bring the new series into anything, but I am working on a Galactica story that crosses over with something else.

Depending upon the response I get, I just may get back to work on it.

If anyone is interested, let me know via PM or email.

Looking forward to shooting down Cylons with everybody.:salute:

Captain Chirri,

Welcome to the Fleets!!
It's good to have you aboard. After you get situated in your quarters, come on down to the O-Club for a couple of these -- :beer:

Providing feedback is no problem but, be forewarned, around here we hold folks accountable for what they say. In other words, be able to back up what you say. (Sorry if that sounds a little harsh .. it's not intentional but, by the same token, I like to take steps to ensure that there is no misunderstanding.)

Check out the FAQ for a complete breakdown of the rules. (Most of it is common sense.)

;)

Regarding your story, crossovers are ok as long as the Colonials are of the TOS variety.

;)

You may want to check out a terrific crossover story by one of our most prolific writers, Eric Paddon.

Battlestar Galactica - Planet of the Apes crossover story

:)

Aphrodite May 15th, 2009 05:06 PM

Welcome!!

monolith21 May 15th, 2009 06:12 PM

Welcome aboard!

Stevew May 16th, 2009 05:52 AM

Welcome Captain
You have come to the right place