Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   OT: SCI FI Unveils Action Films (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2389)

peter noble April 1st, 2003 11:38 PM

OT: SCI FI Unveils Action Films

From Sci-Fi Wire:

The SCI FI Channel announced a new slate of upcoming action-oriented original movies that are set to premiere in 2003-'04. The films will air during the Channel's Saturday action-movie slot.

Since introducing Saturday action movies in 2002, the Channel has averaged a household rating of 1.4 for the original films. SCI FI is currently slated to air 22 originals in 2003 and will premiere approximately two per month. Previously announced projects include Man with the Screaming Brain and Earwigs (both starring Bruce Campbell), Epoch II, Graveland and Puppetmaster vs. Demonic Toys. All will premiere in 2003-'04. A list of the upcoming films follows.

•Dragon Storm. Maxwell Caulfield, John Rhys-Davies and Angel Borris star in this film, about alien dragons who arrive on medieval Earth in a meteor and threaten humankind, forcing two enemy kingdoms to join forces and fight off the alien dragon threat. The film recently completed production in Sofia, Bulgaria, from UFO Films.

•Idaho Creature Incident. John Savage and Michelle Goh star in a movie about a government experiment using an alien creature as a weapon. When the trial fails, the creature is locked inside a government facility and must be destroyed before it can escape. The film recently completed production in Sofia, Bulgaria, with Nu Image.

•Ghost Monkey. A freelance photographer and an American investigator join forces to stop a man-eating monkeylike creature that goes on a killing spree throughout the streets of India. Filming begins in the spring with Promark Entertainment.

•Snakehead Terror. In a small town in Maryland, a school of freakishly large man-eating snakehead fish overrun a lake and take to the land. It's up to the local sheriff to reel in the creatures before they can go on a massive feeding frenzy. Filming begins in Vancouver, B.C., in the spring with Cinetel.

•Phantom Force. A spinoff of the Interceptor Force movies, this film follows a force of elite government soldiers assigned to protect the human race from supernatural threats. Filming begins in Bulgaria in May with UFO Films.

•Interceptor Force III. In the not-too-distant future, a team of specially trained government soldiers protects Earth from hostile alien encounters. Produced by UFO Films.

•Gargoyle. The evil wizard Calabos wants to take over the world with an army of living gargoyles, and only Marcus, a magician who possesses an enchanted ring, can stop him. Produced by Chesler Perlmutter.

Ghost Monkey!? BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!

I smell cheese!

Peter

michaelfaries April 1st, 2003 11:55 PM

Quote:

•Phantom Force. A spinoff of the Interceptor Force movies, this film follows a force of elite government soldiers assigned to protect the human race from supernatural threats. Filming begins in Bulgaria in May with UFO Films.

•Interceptor Force III. In the not-too-distant future, a team of specially trained government soldiers protects Earth from hostile alien encounters. Produced by UFO Films.
There goes my hopes for a "UFO" (the Gerry Anderson variety) project... (lol)

Michael
:colwar:

michaelfaries April 2nd, 2003 12:03 AM

I wonder why SCI-FI can't attend a gathering of science fiction writers (serious, qualified name-brand writers) and start producing projects from their works. Can you imagine a "Mote in God's Eye" for example? (If Larry Niven were agreeable.)

To think we could get the quality of a "Rendezvous with Rama" story (whenever Paramount gets it's butt in gear and greenlights it) on the big screen. I believe quality small screen shows are do-able, even for the science fiction genre. But, hey, I'm just a viewer. What do I know? :p

Michael

JediMasterGynac April 2nd, 2003 12:09 AM

you humble guy you

"There goes my hopes for a "UFO" (the Gerry Anderson variety) project... (lol)"

that was funny :)

Dragon Storm sounds interesting but the rest leave me flat.

peter noble April 2nd, 2003 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by michaelfaries
I believe quality small screen shows are do-able, even for the science fiction genre. But, hey, I'm just a viewer. What do I know?
A damn sight more than the doofuses at Sci-Fi Michael!

Peter

kingfish April 2nd, 2003 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by michaelfaries

There goes my hopes for a "UFO" (the Gerry Anderson variety) project... (lol)

Michael

I for one am hoping for a Space 1999 movie. They are going to make a Thunderbirds movie.

Hito April 2nd, 2003 09:24 AM

Re: OT: SCI FI Unveils Action Films

Quote:

Originally posted by peter noble

Ghost Monkey!? BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!

I smell cheese!

Peter

If you were from india you wouldnt be laughing.
The Ghost Monkey is a popular and widly believed bit of fokelore.
Sorta like Chupacabra in south america.

But you are prolly right they will prolly make it cheezy

It shouldnt be suprising the direction that Sci Fi is taking.
Havent they been talking about changing it to The Action Channel for a long time now?

jewels April 2nd, 2003 10:20 AM

Peter, are you sure you shouldn't have posted this listing yesterday??

Somebody that has a clue please buy this crazy channel. Thanks. The almost former viewers. :(

peter noble April 2nd, 2003 11:32 AM

Re: Re: OT: SCI FI Unveils Action Films

Quote:

Originally posted by Hito
If you were from india you wouldnt be laughing.
The Ghost Monkey is a popular and widly believed bit of fokelore.
Sorta like Chupacabra in south america.

Hito, monkeys are funny! Er...except for those "damn dirty apes"!

Peter

Hito April 2nd, 2003 11:54 AM

Not when they are supernatural killers...

ststeven11 April 2nd, 2003 12:51 PM

Quite a line up

Some of those sound like direct-to-video fare. Or maybe something you'd see at a drive-in double feature. I mean, where's "Vampire Robot?" :rolleyes: