Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

kat April 7th, 2004 09:36 PM

and now it is mine :D

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 09:43 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread once more. :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kat April 7th, 2004 09:50 PM

not so fast holodoc

I have the thread now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 09:52 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread once more. :D

:duck: :duck: :duck:

kat April 7th, 2004 10:02 PM

~~~~~You are a very slippery character holodoc but i have taken the ~~~~~~~~~~

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 10:20 PM

tee hee! I'm just doing my best to keep things as interesting as possible here while I snatch thread again. :D

Rowan April 7th, 2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
Izzat you dancing in your avatar, Rowan?

<Remainder of body goes numb as WHD spends too much time standing on head looking at Rowan's avatar.>

I wish!!! I'd give anything to find someone to dance like that with!;) :D

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 11:04 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread once more. :D I'm taking the thread off to bed with me for some sleep. :D

Rowan April 7th, 2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomasbombadil
27 years ago my wife and I enrolled in childbirth classes to prepare her for a natural delivery of our first.

The initial meeting was at a church, and after the introductions, they showed a movie. Got to a very up-close-and-personal scene of a baby emerging. In the first or second row, somebody's husband passed out or threw up, I forget which.
:eek:

Part of our training in nursing involves witnessing the birth of a child in person, every female student after being there with the mum and dad and withnesing it natural or c-section says they would never have one. I think out of 120 students that I know I could count on my fingers the exception to that. I think if more teenagers where to see this and go through it in person there would be no better persuation so using birth control.:D ;)

Senmut April 8th, 2004 02:22 AM

Why should they be so grossed-out about it? It's how we all got here.

Bombadil April 8th, 2004 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braxiss
it's awfully quiet tonight, where is everyone?

and yes i'm pretty sure i still have it

There are pills you can take to help you get rid of it.
:D

unowhoandwhy April 8th, 2004 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomasbombadil
There are pills you can take to help you get rid of it.
:D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh, and the thread.

warhammerdriver April 8th, 2004 07:15 AM

I'll take that! <snatches thread from uno's hand>

unowhoandwhy April 8th, 2004 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
I'll take that! <snatches thread from uno's hand>

Not so fast, my metallic friend. :D

Rowan April 8th, 2004 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut
Why should they be so grossed-out about it? It's how we all got here.

I't not that it's gross so much as it's watching someone in pain for so long. Most of us go into nursing because we want to help prevent things like pain. Most of them are young so they haven't accepted that pain is a part of life. Also many births do not go smoothly some can even be quite violent, I've seen that. We get to see the stitches part not the cooing over the baby part. Plus we stand there analysing what the doctors and nurses in the room are doing wrong or could be doing differently and you see all the mistakes etc all this I think combines to impact them that way.:)

unowhoandwhy April 8th, 2004 08:17 AM

Rowan! Thank goodness, I was wondering if I was the only one around.

Rowan April 8th, 2004 08:21 AM

I'm here but it does seen a little deserted today doesn't it! they usually come between 11 and 1 eastern standard time on a work day (lunch break ) sothey should start showing up pretty soon:D ;)

unowhoandwhy April 8th, 2004 08:26 AM

I have a ton of work to do, but no ambition or energy. It's such a nice day outside (finally) and I'd rather be out there than stuck behind a desk which is behind a one foot thick concrete wall with a porthole sized window.

Ah well, I suppose I should just get to work. Or, I could write this whole week off as a waste of my time and start over again on Monday... hmmmmm... decisions, decisions, decisions. My friend is back from France today and he is supposed to bring me some good French wine (even bad French wine is better than any other wine, I think) so maybe I will think about that, instead. :D

Just call me the Queen of the Procrastinators (I'd name myself President, instead, but that takes effort and I would never get around to filing the paperwork and running for the office... :D )

holodoc2000 April 8th, 2004 09:40 AM

tee hee! Time for me to snatch thread for a little while. :D

unowhoandwhy April 8th, 2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! Time for me to snatch thread for a little while.

I think that 2 hours is long enough. I'll snatch that thread back, thank you.

"Thank yah, thank yah very much," unowhoandwhy does her lousy Elvis impersonation as she saunters off with the thread.