Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - Finished (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Taranis's Galactica Art (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13549)

gmd3d November 12th, 2006 12:45 PM

Taranis's Galactica Art

A new picture of the Galactica and its fleet ..
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1685/fleetnj1.th.jpg

SilentBob November 12th, 2006 04:33 PM

looks cool dude!!!!! :thumbsup:

scifiguy November 12th, 2006 06:52 PM

Wicked!

Very cool. They needed yoiu when Galactica was really being made,,lol

gmd3d November 13th, 2006 02:36 AM

thank you :) (takes a bow)

animaniac November 13th, 2006 09:20 PM

Yes, nice work Taranis! :thumbsup:

evil_genius_180 November 13th, 2006 09:55 PM

Awesome work, bro. The lighting and setup are sweet. :salute:

gmd3d November 14th, 2006 04:00 AM

thanks guys :) what you think of the Celestra's landing bay lights from the distance from the camera .. I think is subdued enough ??

animaniac November 14th, 2006 05:11 AM

Yes, looks very fine from this distance!

HercDestin November 14th, 2006 11:05 AM

Cool pic.........................ya need to get some more coming. Gives me great inspiration. Which viper are you using, and those ships in the BG...............are they available to use at all. Love ya work.

gmd3d November 14th, 2006 12:14 PM

The Galactica in this case is by Sean Kennady and you have to ask him via his web site ..
The Vipers are only available to those involved in the fanfilm fx team

The other ship are made by Coxxon he is a member of a gaming website and has made the publicly available. I see if I can locate the web site again

Smallworld November 14th, 2006 01:03 PM

Cool picture, very nicely done indeed. What was the renderer if I might ask?

gmd3d November 14th, 2006 01:16 PM

Lightwave

HercDestin November 14th, 2006 01:29 PM

Okey dokey...............................mmmmmmmmmmmmm...................how bout a bribe.........ha ha!. I have those ships by coxxon which are cool. Sean battlestar is good but lacks detail. I still think Steves BG is up there with the ones currently available. Lots of tiny mesh errors. I have to take my hat off to him as it is an incredibly detailed mesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis
The Galactica in this case is by Sean Kennady and you have to ask him via his web site ..
The Vipers are only available to those involved in the fanfilm fx team

The other ship are made by Coxxon he is a member of a gaming website and has made the publicly available. I see if I can locate the web site again

gmd3d November 14th, 2006 01:31 PM

:) I know how you feel . there a lot of meshes i love to have but alas there not available..

Stevew November 17th, 2006 09:20 AM

T I just ordered the CAD translator for Polytrans. It is suppose to save LW in the native format. The first one I will try is the Defender. Are you interested in trying the meshe to see what you can do with it?
S

gmd3d November 17th, 2006 09:37 AM

Me Damn YES!! I love that mesh .. bring it on ... I play .. I have been itching to back back into Rendering :) :)

Stevew November 18th, 2006 07:01 AM

The first was broken down into a scn and all the parts seperately, Is this the way LW works? I could not fine a way to saye it as one object yet
It is the CAD standard to always use triangles. That is how CAD data is
tessellated from NURBS surfaces so the meshes look sorta crazy.

S

gmd3d November 18th, 2006 09:25 AM

LW works in layers .. Titon may be able to answer those tech questions better.. :) but send me what ever you have and I will see what happens

Stevew November 18th, 2006 03:39 PM

I won't be able to do anything til tomorrow
:(

gmd3d November 18th, 2006 03:57 PM

cool no problem ... :) I be here

I hope it work out .. Id like the chance to light it.. I am also thinking of using you Galactica model again in some test animations ...

Stevew November 19th, 2006 02:47 PM

"T" I just uploaded a zip called deftest. Polytrans would not save it as 1 obj so I used 3D explorer and have no clue what it will look like. Keep me posted as to if it works
http://www.colonialfleets.com/stevew/Meshes/?M=D

S

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 12:08 AM

I'll let you know asap ..

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 01:27 AM

Looks fine .. I'll have to give it a good look later .. can you send any textures I normally have to me .. or are they the one you use for the Galactica as I have those some where on a disc ...

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 01:34 AM

I am going to try and do this some justice ....... with the textures and lighting .. awesomely detailed model .. may take a few days .... I open a new thread so you can follow my progress and offer some C AND C ..

Stevew November 20th, 2006 04:27 AM

Do what ever you wish, use what ever you think looks OK
If this works I will re do the entire fleet
S

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 05:47 AM

looks to be a go Steve .. as you said in a previous post that its in layers .. but I easily reorganized them and I removed polys that are not needed in Lightwave.. there was no major cleaning up .. which was great ... I will show updates over the next week ..

Stevew November 20th, 2006 06:01 AM

Excellent I don't know why polytrans will not save it in one file, I will have to ta;k to Robert about that. I am still twealing the resolution from SW but this is about the same as the others I did with STL. I need to find the balance between res and polys and get polytrans to save it as one file, that will make for one less translation. Look forward to seeing what you can do
S :)

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 06:05 AM

Well its OK in the layers .. easy to check on things .. and in Lightwave (as far as I understand) it speeds up render times.
so if its all the same keep them coming as they are.. its also easer on my power starved PC :)

Stevew November 20th, 2006 06:08 AM

Yes but we can do better :)
It will take time. Since I am going to do this I will be adding much more detail so that they can be rendered in closeup
S

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 06:19 AM

More Details!!!!!!!! ...AH AH AHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

mORE HE SAYS .. more .. oh bugger ...

(PC Tries to throw itself out the window .. struggle in sues .. Computer trashes around the Small office/room .. words of such profanity escapes Taranis . people in the street near by run and take there playing children in for fear of repeated language from there own sweet faced terrors, Taranis wins when kick the PC in the disc tray :D Taranis Clears throat and in a louder voice filled with confidence he does not feel )

Yeah Bring it on :)