Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The Living Legend-DVD Question (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5637)

Dayton3 December 24th, 2003 07:09 PM

The Living Legend-DVD Question

The Living Legend is my favorite episode.

I don't own the Battlestar:Galactica DVD yet.

So this is a question for someone who does. I'm familiar with the missing and deleted scenes for the series premier.

Does the two part episode "The Living Legend" have any notable missing or deleted scenes that are in the DVD set?

December 25th, 2003 04:11 PM

Yes, you will be happy to discover that "The Living Legend" does indeed have deleated scenes. I think there are about 10 minutes of footage. In one scene, Lloyd Bridges blows a line and it puts a smile on your face. I love the DVD set and I give Universal a salute for taking the time and energy to include extras with the set. They could have taken the low road and released a bare-bones set. If you love Battlestar Galactica, ownership of this set is required.

Muffit January 1st, 2004 05:11 PM

Hi Dayton! :) Yes, as Bijou said, there are deleted scenes for Living Legend. In fact, the bonus features on the DVD set are many, and well worth the price just for those. It's like having all new footage of our favorite show. :)

There are specials about working with the Cylon outfits, the chimp/daggit, an interview with Mr. Larson, an an interview with Mr. Phillips, and so much more! Definitely, if you can, try and pick up this set. If I remember right, Lloyd Bridges cracks a joke or says something funny in the deleted scenes. Also, Laurette tells about her experience doing romantic scenes with him.

Cheers!
:muffit:

Spike The Cylon January 1st, 2004 06:27 PM

I just got the set for a late Christmas Present. I love it! Can't wait to see all the extras!
:cylon:

shiningstar January 3rd, 2004 06:27 PM

I like the extras with the set too. I just wish the
quality of the dvds were a bit better ...... You'd
think with what the dvds cost they could have
splurged on better cds to record on.

Spike The Cylon January 4th, 2004 03:13 PM

I agree Shiningstar, I wish the quality was a bit better, but, hey, it's BSG, so I'm happy! :D
My fave bounus feature so far are th deleated scenes, especially the ones that have the actors in the Cylon suits doing the lines before the voice actors do there job.
:cylon:

CrysWimmer January 4th, 2004 03:25 PM

I would have just about payed the price of the set just for the documentaries that they included. There's one with the whole cast that is absolutely awesome - and hysterical. They made it sound like they had a really good time on set, as well as giving a lot of information on the hows and whys. There's also separate mini-documentaries on Muffit and the Cylons (both also very funny), bunches of pictures to look through, and a cute little sneak-peek at the Mini. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have one documentary on there that I've seen - can't remember the name, but SciFi ran it the same week they showed every BSG episode in a 5 day marathon - it had a lot of the political stuff regarding production and cancellation. Not a funny one, but it had tons of information that I wish I had on tape.

Definately, get the set!

-Crys-

shiningstar January 5th, 2004 04:32 PM

I haven't seen the documentory yet .......I'm still watching the episodes. I just hope that the documentory isn't on one of the dvd's that I'm having problems viewing :erk:

CrysWimmer January 5th, 2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shiningstar
I haven't seen the documentory yet .......I'm still watching the episodes. I just hope that the documentory isn't on one of the dvd's that I'm having problems viewing :erk:
It's at the end of the sixth one - it's title is Remembering the Galactica. I only tell you this because I couldn't find the darned thing, and someone on these boards had to rescue me. :blush:

-Crys-
:salute:

shiningstar January 6th, 2004 07:30 PM

Thanks CrysWimmer! I appreciate it! :thumbsup: