Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NCIS-Interesting Characters (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18176)

cobrastrikelead January 19th, 2012 07:14 AM

NCIS-Interesting Characters

And good plots to back them up

Senmut January 19th, 2012 03:49 PM

Re: NCIS-Interesting Characters

Personally, I hate cop shows. Usually, by the end of it, I'm rooting for the crooks, and hoping the cops get wasted.
Such is TV today.

Reaper January 21st, 2012 05:46 PM

I love Cop shows and NCIS is one of the best out there right now.

I think it's a great mix of humor and drama.

Lara January 21st, 2012 06:08 PM

Abby and Ducky are two TV scientists that real scientists I know actually like! Abby is a whole person who is more than her apparent quirk and hasn't been scripted as a hopeless geek (unlike Bones and its collection of socially inept stereotypes..) She also doesn't solve things in 20 secs (like CSI...grrr!!)

I don't even mind the spin off, tho it took a while to get comfortable with the slightly altered functions.

cheers,
Lara

Senmut January 21st, 2012 08:43 PM

McGee should speak more Latin.

BST January 22nd, 2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 308728)
Personally, I hate cop shows. Usually, by the end of it, I'm rooting for the crooks, and hoping the cops get wasted.
Such is TV today.

How does one respond to a senseless remark like this?

Senmut January 22nd, 2012 10:18 PM

If it is senseless, then the question becomes why did you even respond? Which is more senseless? A question you find "senseless", or dignifying it with an answer?

BST January 23rd, 2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 308751)
If it is senseless, then the question becomes why did you even respond? Which is more senseless? A question you find "senseless", or dignifying it with an answer?

My response was to point out the callousness of the remark, hence the highlighting.

Do you really feel that way about cops or are you just disappointed in the show?

Why do you feel that it's "ok" to make a remark such as "wishing cops would get wasted" simply because you don't like the storytelling on the show?

Senmut January 23rd, 2012 05:34 PM

A bit of both. The way cops are portrayed on TV today sucks. They come across as jack-booted thugs, who run rough-shod over people. All in the name of drama and ratings, I suppose. They come out as deserving of the harshest retribution.
That said, on a personal level, I hate cops with a passion. Words usually fail me, in that realm.
'nuff said?

BST January 23rd, 2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 308754)
A bit of both. The way cops are portrayed on TV today sucks. They come across as jack-booted thugs, who run rough-shod over people. All in the name of drama and ratings, I suppose. They come out as deserving of the harshest retribution.
That said, on a personal level, I hate cops with a passion. Words usually fail me, in that realm.
'nuff said?

You hate cops, with a passion?

So, it's more than just a dislike.

Any particular reason why?

Reaper January 24th, 2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 308754)
AThat said, on a personal level, I hate cops with a passion. Words usually fail me, in that realm.
'nuff said?

Hey, what's not to hate, someone who everyday puts him or herself on the line to make sure you get the chance to hate him or her.

Someone who, although you may not see it, DOES put his or her life in harms way so you don't have to.

Jackbooted thugs, very nice way to lump every single law enforcement officer into a single stereotype. No wonder there seems to be tension between you and law enforcement.

Senmut January 24th, 2012 06:59 PM

Reaper, I thank you. I feel even better about my statement than I did.

Dawg January 24th, 2012 08:40 PM

Obviously, you're not watching the right cop shows.

Body of Proof - not a cop show per se, but set in the Medical Examiner's office so there's cops and murder as a central theme. Very well written, very well acted, very much worth the hour spent.

Castle. On my must-watch list. Nathan Fillion stars as mystery writer Rick Castle and Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett. Probably the best written and acted comedy-drama of any genre in years - since Firefly, in fact - but definitely a cop show.

Both of these shows are head and shoulders better than your average cop show.

(And, just as an aside, I think maybe the side discussion should be tabled for another time and/or venue.)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

BST January 24th, 2012 08:46 PM

Is Body of Proof the show with Dana Delany?

Dawg January 24th, 2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BST (Post 308764)
Is Body of Proof the show with Dana Delany?

Yep. She does a good job, too - even if she does wear impractical shoes.

;)

I am
Dawg

Senmut January 24th, 2012 11:16 PM

If they do the job, they must not be entirely impractical.

Dawg January 25th, 2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 308767)
If they do the job, they must not be entirely impractical.

You haven't seen the heels....

;)

I am
Dawg

Senmut January 25th, 2012 09:40 AM

Pumps up the excitement, eh?

LZaza January 25th, 2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 308769)
You haven't seen the heels....

;)

I am
Dawg

I thought that about the heels on the boots that the female warriors wore in BSG. Seemed more designed for fashion and "wiggle factor" than practicality.

Still recall Sheba "running" to Apollo's side in War of the Gods on the Ship of Lights. Good thing her arrival time had nothing to do with his resurrection. Sheesh!

Senmut January 25th, 2012 09:21 PM

More comfortable for the ladies, perhaps? Has anyone asked them about the choice of footwear?

LZaza January 25th, 2012 09:25 PM

High heels, more comfortable??????????:wtf:

Lara January 25th, 2012 11:58 PM

I seem to remember a interview with Anne that said the footwear was a function of her foot size: the Sidi boots only came in male sizes, the smallest ones were hard to get and her feet were too small for the warrior battle boots, leaving her the only option of the dress boots.
This would make sense given Maren was much taller and probably managed to wear a small male boot with an extra pait of soxs, but I don't know what that says about Jane's feet :blush:

Don't know if running in motocross boots looked any easier or more comfortable than a cuban heel :):) (but I sure wanted to try...)

cheers
Lara

cobrastrikelead February 1st, 2012 08:02 AM

Definitley lked the sub-plot tywists by the end of NCIS and even NCIS-LA last night. The plots are intersting enough. But the characters, flaws and all, keep me coming back.

cobrastrikelead February 3rd, 2012 08:28 AM

FollowedNCIS as follow on to JAG, and the show turned out to be fairly watchable. Only shows I fall regualry are NCIS and opening joke on Big Bang Theory.

Senmut February 3rd, 2012 09:42 PM

Wasn't NCIS originally a JAG spinoff?

Reaper February 4th, 2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 308865)
Wasn't NCIS originally a JAG spinoff?

Yes it is a jag spin off. The first appearance of Gibbs was in JAG. The lead female aggent in tnat story was replaced in the series pilot.

Eugenia June 25th, 2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 308738)
McGee should speak more Latin.

McGee is too busy translating Klingon and Computerese.

Lara June 25th, 2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugenia (Post 309803)
McGee is too busy translating Klingon and Computerese.

Or writing his books..

Cheers
Lara

Senmut June 26th, 2012 02:51 AM

Still needs more Latin.

bsg1fan1975 August 9th, 2012 02:31 AM

Been a fan of the show since its debut and I'm sitting on pins and needles to see how last season's cliffhanger ends