Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

Bombadil March 27th, 2004 02:16 PM

Then you want to save the file to a new name, so that the old file is still there, untouched. If you screw up, you just delete the messed-up file, go back to the original one, and start over.

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 02:16 PM

tee hee! Had a feeling one of the fella's would have an idea on where to start in fixing the problem for ya Rowan. :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Rowan March 27th, 2004 02:24 PM

that part is fine I'm refering to the fact that under the user CP it wont give me the option to edit at all I can't even uncheck the box it won't let me I think this is an issue for thomas7g

Bombadil March 27th, 2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
that part is fine I'm referin to the fact that under the user CP it wont give me the option to edit at all I can't even uncheck the box it won't let me I think this is an issue for thomas7g

Uh, yeah. Sounds like it. You mean when you click on the Preferences tab (under the spaceships at the top of the screen) and then click on Edit Avatar under the Control Panel along the left side, it won't let you in?

But that doesn't compute. What do you mean "uncheck the box?" By any chance are you referring to the field that says "Do not use custom avatar"? If that's what you mean, you don't "uncheck" that box. You check the box lower down that says "Use custom avatar". Then you click on the Browse button and go find your avatar file, and double click on it.

Did that help, or is it something else?
:warrior:

Bombadil March 27th, 2004 02:33 PM

Signing off for now. Be back later tonight.
:salute:

Rowan March 27th, 2004 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomasbombadil
Uh, yeah. Sounds like it. You mean when you click on the Preferences tab (under the spaceships at the top of the screen) and then click on Edit Avatar under the Control Panel along the left side, it won't let you in?

But that doesn't compute. What do you mean "uncheck the box?" By any chance are you referring to the field that says "Do not use custom avatar"? If that's what you mean, you don't "uncheck" that box. You check the box lower down that says "Use custom avatar". Then you click on the Browse button and go find your avatar file, and double click on it.

Did that help, or is it something else?
:warrior:

unfortunetly I don't even get that page where you can edit it , it's just not showing up for me at all, and I have seen it before but it's just not there right now :cry:

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 02:50 PM

:( That don't sound good Rowan. Hope things get fixed soon for ya on the advatar.

Rowan March 27th, 2004 03:25 PM

Oh I'll just have to be patient , it's no biggy I'm sure it's easily fixed :)

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 03:42 PM

tee hee! Yep. It should be easy for one of the techie guys to fix it for ya if you can't fix it on your own Rown. :)

Rowan March 27th, 2004 03:58 PM

no holodoc there is nothing I can do at my end of it it's just not available to me, I can't even get to the page... :( gonna have to wait for a techie guy, they are always my heroes :D ;)

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 03:59 PM

tee hee! The techie guys here can fix just about anything I bet. :D

Rowan March 27th, 2004 04:01 PM

holodoc Thomas just explained it to me on the avatar help thread... :D

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 04:14 PM

tee hee! Had a feeling one of the techie guys would be able to help ya out. :D Now onto the challenge of getting your advatar fixed. :)

Another challenge is getting some of the fella's to post here tonight. :) May end up having to pull out a couple different items from my stash to use on them. :)

shiningstar March 27th, 2004 04:19 PM

Thanks for the ~~~~~~~~~~~thread~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D

Rowan March 27th, 2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
May end up having to pull out a couple different items from my stash to use on them. :)

:naughty: now that I know what you have in your "stash" ;) :D

shiningstar March 27th, 2004 04:26 PM

STASH?? Holodoc you have a 'stash'? Oh well
I'll just have to settle for
~~~the thread~~~ ;)

thanks for holding it for me Rowan

:D

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 04:35 PM

tee hee! Yep I have a special stash. :)

shiningstar March 27th, 2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! Yep I have a special stash. :)

Well then I'll let you keep 'the stash' ...............

and I'll just keep ~~~~~~the~~~thread~~~~~~
;)

Muffit March 27th, 2004 04:54 PM

I have noticed something is wrong with the edit avatar screen too. It's missing the "custom avatar" options. Hmm...

:muffit:

holodoc2000 March 27th, 2004 04:55 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread from ya for a little while. :D

Shiningstar... I'll share stash with ya should you need any items from it. :D