Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

kriechbaum September 26th, 2005 01:43 PM

OK then, what countries have you been to Excalibur?:)

Compass September 26th, 2005 02:46 PM

I went to Canada once. I have been in a handful of U.S. states.

braxiss September 26th, 2005 03:26 PM

have my thread back

holodoc2000 September 26th, 2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriechbaum
Would be nice to visit US at some point:)
My longest flight was from Zambia to London, but it definitely was not anywhere close to 32 hours. That must be quite a boring experience:) I bet you had a book around with you on that occasion ;)

tee hee! :) It was definately tiring on the long flight. I did have a book handy to read some during the long flight.

Excalibur September 26th, 2005 08:25 PM

The only countries I have been in other then the U.S., is Canada, and the Dominican Republic.

holodoc2000 September 26th, 2005 08:26 PM

tee hee! :D You have some catching up to do then Excalibur. ;)

Excalibur September 26th, 2005 08:39 PM

I hear Caprica is nice this time of year.

kriechbaum September 26th, 2005 08:44 PM

What's Dominican republic like?

OK, this is weird, I know it's 06:43 and I just woke up. But what happened to the new Battlestar Galactica discussion area?

holodoc2000 September 26th, 2005 08:49 PM

Did you not get an email about it kriechbaum? I got one about it a little earlier & in the email it came down to the fact that the owners of the forum & some of the moderators discussed things & decided that the discussion area was to be removed from the forum. If ya want I can forward ya a copy of the email I had gotten about it.

kriechbaum September 26th, 2005 08:58 PM

Just read the email.

I did not expect it:( I kinda wish it was April 1st and it was all a big joke. The new show is how I found this site to begin with. Was just getting used to it and with a woosh the rug is removed from under my feet. Well that's just brilliant.

holodoc2000 September 26th, 2005 09:07 PM

If I understood the email right, there have been some issues over on the forum for the new show & getting a bit to heated at times. Just because that portion of the forum has been removed doesn't mean ya can't have fun here still with the rest of us.

kriechbaum is this little bear gonna have to tickle attack ya?

kriechbaum September 26th, 2005 09:16 PM

Well, I was planning on looking over the original series anyway. But I've never posted on any forum before this one. Yesterday was the first time I opened a thread, first time ever. With all the respect to the owners, I do feel incredibly gutted.

-KB

holodoc2000 September 26th, 2005 09:23 PM

:( This little bear sorry kriechbaum. :( Since I didn't visit the new series threads any myself, it doesn't hit me as hard as it does those that did visit those threads.

Dawg September 26th, 2005 09:24 PM

Please don't feel that way, kriechbaum. It's not any of the fans that contributed to the choice to remove the GINO forums - well, maybe one or two, but the heart of the matter was Moore and the elements of the show itself.

Friday's episode was simply the last straw in a haystack of straws that began accumulating during the summer of 2003. It started with Moore and his campaign of disrespect towards the original show and its fans, and came to a head with the depiction of a military (supposedly based on our military) that condoned and encouraged the use of gang rape as an interrogation technique.

By the by - :music: Dawg's got the thread. Dawg's got the thread. :music:

;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

holodoc2000 September 26th, 2005 09:27 PM

tee hee! :D About time ya showed up here Dawg. ;)

*tackles Dawg & tickles him all over* :duck:

kriechbaum September 26th, 2005 09:36 PM

:)

I do understand your point Dawg. This site was made for the fans of the original series. The deviation of the new series from what you consider Galactica being about, has to have hit you hard. I would hate it as well, if someone redid something I loved in a completely abhorrent to me way, twisting everything I believed in.

But I can't help feeling betrayed by this. Yes it's irrational, but aren't we all:)

Anyway, I know nothing I would say is going to bring it back, so am not even going to try.

I've got a depressing day to look forward to.
C ya all later :salute:
-KB

PS. take care of the thread little bear, until I get back:)

holodoc2000 September 26th, 2005 09:42 PM

tee hee! :D This little bear will look after the thread for ya. ;)

Compass September 27th, 2005 01:43 PM

Hi Holodoc.

holodoc2000 September 27th, 2005 06:50 PM

Hiya Compass. What ya up to now?

Compass September 27th, 2005 07:45 PM

I'm reading about the forum changes.

How about you?