Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

kriechbaum September 21st, 2005 01:18 PM

No worries. I wrapped the recipe in a very sparkly, shiny golden wrapping paper, plus it has little silver stars all over it. Compass is bound to be impressed. I can just see his face. Am sure he would say, "Oh mon dieu!! Zeeez present, pour moi? Zat iz inkredible mes amis, merci boucoup". I don't know if he has a fake French accent or he speaks French at all, but in the unlikely event that it does not happen this way, we can always go to plan B :)

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 01:33 PM

tee hee! :) Hope the present works. :) All this little bear knows when it comes to Compass' language skills is that he has been known to speak some latin here.

kriechbaum September 21st, 2005 01:57 PM

The words recipe and apples have jogged my memory. You would not happen to have a good recipe for an apple pie lying around, would you? I have "inherited" recently a fridge full of apples, and I tried making a pie myself, but it did not turn out all that well:( The big picture is that there are too many apples, they are going bad fast, and I don't have the heart to throw them away. There must be something I can do with them.

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 02:28 PM

I unfortunately don't have a recipe for apple pie. I'm sure someone else here on the boards might though. Have you thought about making something like apple jam out of some of the apples?

kriechbaum September 21st, 2005 02:37 PM

My grandma used to make jam, but I always thought it was overly complicated - that's what my wife said in any case, so I did not investigate into it any further. I assume it involves sugar and lots of boiling.:)

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriechbaum
My grandma used to make jam, but I always thought it was overly complicated - that's what my wife said in any case, so I did not investigate into it any further. I assume it involves sugar and lots of boiling.:)

tee hee! :D How about apple butter or apple bread?

kriechbaum September 21st, 2005 02:56 PM

Never heard of them. What type of planets do they represent? :) Apple bread - is that like thinly cut pieces of apple on a toast? Apple butter conjures up images of grinded apples mixed with a dairy product of one's choice.

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriechbaum
Never heard of them. What type of planets do they represent? :) Apple bread - is that like thinly cut pieces of apple on a toast? Apple butter conjures up images of grinded apples mixed with a dairy product of one's choice.

I would think that making apple bread would be similar to banana bread only with apples instead of banana's. Not sure how to do the apple butter. I'm sure that is a recipe for it somewhere.

braxiss September 21st, 2005 04:12 PM

mine

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 04:14 PM

tee hee! :D Just what do you think your doing braxiss? ;)

braxiss September 21st, 2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! :D Just what do you think your doing braxiss? ;)

holding on to my thread, how about you?

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 06:33 PM

tee hee! :D Snatching thread from you again as usual braxiss. ;)

Ended up having to pay $145.97 for a new tire today after what happened last night to my tire.

braxiss September 21st, 2005 07:05 PM

ouch, not good

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 07:08 PM

Nope it wasn't good that the tire that I had to get replaced was damaged in the parking lot at work by one of them drainage grates that cover the drains for excess water run off. One side of the tire had evenly spaced slashes in it about 1 to 2 inches in length. Other side of the tire had about 4 slashes in it a little longer.

braxiss September 21st, 2005 08:06 PM

all i can say is ouch, sorry

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 08:09 PM

This little bear was just glad big brother was able to come help change tire for me last night.

warhammerdriver September 21st, 2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

tee hee! :D Snatching thread from you again as usual braxiss. ;)

Ended up having to pay $145.97 for a new tire today after what happened last night to my tire.

What kind of tires are you running, bear? That sounds awfully expensive, and I'm in the auto repair business!

warhammerdriver September 21st, 2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

I would think that making apple bread would be similar to banana bread only with apples instead of banana's. Not sure how to do the apple butter. I'm sure that is a recipe for it somewhere.

Apple butter is basically applesauce that's thicker and has more spices in it. Lots of cinnamon. Good stuff.

holodoc2000 September 21st, 2005 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
What kind of tires are you running, bear? That sounds awfully expensive, and I'm in the auto repair business!

Not sure of the exact name of the tire. I know that it has Michelaine (sp?) written on them. the big white fluffy marshmallow looking fella is the best way to call him I guess.

Not sure of the exact sizing on them either. All I know is that it the size that is available for my car which is a PT Cruiser.

warhammerdriver September 21st, 2005 08:33 PM

probably a low-profile higher-performance tire.

I dread putting new tires on Mrs. WHD's van--it sits on 18" Goodyear Eagles.------NOT CHEAP!