Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

unowhoandwhy April 7th, 2004 02:34 PM

So, who wants the thread? I have to head off to play practice again, so I will reluctantly relinquish it to the person with the fastest keyboard skills. Night all!

kitty April 7th, 2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
Not me. Well, OK, one spot, (but not anywhere naughty, Rowan, I know that's what you'll be thinking! ;) ). The "Vulcan Death Grip" (ie: Vulcan nerve pinch) will bring me to my knees, giggling hysterically and too weak to get away.

I am lucky, I am not ticklish anywhere, it used to annoy people that tried as they never got a response. I think it is because I am a calm person.

kitty April 7th, 2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

So, who wants the thread? I have to head off to play practice again, so I will reluctantly relinquish it to the person with the fastest keyboard skills. Night all!

mine!
:)

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 02:44 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread once more. :)

I'm not telling where I am ticklish. :duck:

My doggie spent the night last night at the vets after going in for a check up.

Bombadil April 7th, 2004 02:56 PM

POUND!!

Ooops. Wrong thread.

POUNCE!!
MY ~~~~

kitty April 7th, 2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! I'm snatching thread once more. :)

I'm not telling where I am ticklish. :duck:

My doggie spent the night last night at the vets after going in for a check up.

Is your doggy ok?

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
Is your doggy ok?

Rosey (my doggy) has a bad infection in both of her ears right now that she is getting treatment for & her left back leg is hurting her right now. Few years ago she was hit by a car & had to have pins put in her left back left. Last few days she hasn't been putting any weight on that leg. From what the vet has told us it looks as though the pins are coming apart & not doing what they should be doing to allow Rosey to walk with that leg like normal.
:(

kitty April 7th, 2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Rosey (my doggy) has a bad infection in both of her ears right now that she is getting treatment for & her left back leg is hurting her right now. Few years ago she was hit by a car & had to have pins put in her left back left. Last few days she hasn't been putting any weight on that leg. From what the vet has told us it looks as though the pins are coming apart & not doing what they should be doing to allow Rosey to walk with that leg like normal. :(

poor little thing.
What I find amazing with most dogs (with the exception of greyhounds) is their ability to carry on in pain/discomfort as normal. They are less wimpy than men. As I said, greyhounds are the exception, when ever Tomoko hurts himself he is just like a little child, he will hold his paw up and will not put it down until I have rubbed and kissed it. He will seek me out to do this, and I have caught him runing to me on all 4 and switch to 3 legs when he approaches me. My other male greyhound is no better, but then again they are MALE, so that speaks volumes. My 2 bitches are tough old girls. :) FEMALE, it does make the difference ;)

Rowan April 7th, 2004 03:14 PM

Quote:

Not me. Well, OK, one spot, (but not anywhere naughty, Rowan, I know that's what you'll be thinking! ;) ). The "Vulcan Death Grip" (ie: Vulcan nerve pinch) will bring me to my knees, giggling hysterically and too weak to get away.

hey I resemble that remark! this is very valusable information thanks unowhoandwhy

Rowan April 7th, 2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

Rosey (my doggy) has a bad infection in both of her ears right now that she is getting treatment for & her left back leg is hurting her right now. Few years ago she was hit by a car & had to have pins put in her left back left. Last few days she hasn't been putting any weight on that leg. From what the vet has told us it looks as though the pins are coming apart & not doing what they should be doing to allow Rosey to walk with that leg like normal.
:(

oh holodoc poor Rosey! can they fix the leg with more surgery?

Rowan April 7th, 2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

poor little thing.
What I find amazing with most dogs (with the exception of greyhounds) is their ability to carry on in pain/discomfort as normal. They are less wimpy than men. As I said, greyhounds are the exception, when ever Tomoko hurts himself he is just like a little child, he will hold his paw up and will not put it down until I have rubbed and kissed it. He will seek me out to do this, and I have caught him runing to me on all 4 and switch to 3 legs when he approaches me. My other male greyhound is no better, but then again they are MALE, so that speaks volumes. My 2 bitches are tough old girls. :) FEMALE, it does make the difference ;)

having worked in a vet hospital I've seen some horrific things that animals have endured! they bounce back from surgeries like it was nothing. They feel the same pain as us but they don't have the same psychological response as we do they don't worry about the future or waste time feeling sorry for themselves.

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 03:22 PM

The pins that are in Rosey's leg right now would have to come out, but I am not sure if more would have to used in order for her to be able to walk normally on all four legs. We will have to talk to the vet more about her leg & her ears as well.

kitty April 7th, 2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
having worked in a vet hospital I've seen some horrific things that animals have endured! they bounce back from surgeries like it was nothing. They feel the same pain as us but they don't have the same psychological response as we do they don't worry about the future or waste time feeling sorry for themselves.

I wish men were a bit like it, you must see it alot as training for a nurse, if a women has a cold, its just a cold, if a man has it, they are dying.

kitty April 7th, 2004 03:24 PM

Quote:

The pins that are in Rosey's leg right now would have to come out, but I am not sure if more would have to used in order for her to be able to walk normally on all four legs. We will have to talk to the vet more about her leg & her ears as well.

I hope everything goes well for her that she can be running around as usual soon.

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

I hope everything goes well for her that she can be running around as usual soon.

Me too. It not the same around here without having Rosey laying out in the sun & barking when she feels like it at the cows in the pasture or at one of the other dogs near by.

kitty April 7th, 2004 03:29 PM

Quote:

Me too. It not the same around here without having Rosey laying out in the sun & barking when she feels like it at the cows in the pasture or at one of the other dogs near by.

I feel lost without my dogs around me, so I know what you mean. Whenever I am away on holiday I think of them all the time, and feel guilty being away from them. And when they are farmed out the night b4 I go, it is so weird.

Rowan April 7th, 2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

I wish men were a bit like it, you must see it alot as training for a nurse, if a women has a cold, its just a cold, if a man has it, they are dying.

actually in the hospital so far I MUCH prefer to care for men, they are much easier to care for than women. women are very demanding and can be hard on you. It might be a gender thing though I've notice that it is the reverse for the male nurses.

Rowan April 7th, 2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

I feel lost without my dogs around me, so I know what you mean. Whenever I am away on holiday I think of them all the time, and feel guilty being away from them. And when they are farmed out the night b4 I go, it is so weird.

well when we take trips in the camper we take the dogs with us. I get a sitter for the cats. :D

warhammerdriver April 7th, 2004 03:40 PM

Hope your dog's up and running soon, 'doc!

holodoc2000 April 7th, 2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
Hope your dog's up and running soon, 'doc!

Me too. Just have to wait & see what else the vet has to say.

:bounce: It about time you showed up warhammer.