Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   OT: Lost in Space TV Movie News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2307)

peter noble March 25th, 2003 01:29 PM

OT: Lost in Space TV Movie News

From the Sci-Fi wire:

Lost Possibly Found Again?

S.S. Wilson, co-writer of the tentatively titled Lost in Space: The Journey Home, told SCI FI Wire that the proposed Lost in Space television reunion movie and backdoor pilot might still come together, despite the death last November of original series star Jonathan Harris. "It was derailed a little bit, and we were all deeply saddened by the loss of Jonathan Harris, because he was written into it in a big way," Wilson said in an interview. "The producer there and the engine behind that project, Kevin Burns, is talking with me and my partner, Brent Maddock, about ways to revise it now to deal with the fact Jonathan is no longer here."

Wilson added, "We've got a really good take on what to do, and once Brent and I get any time at all, we're possibly going to do a revision and get it back on track. Everybody's still very excited about it. Reunion shows are very, very popular on television right now, and there's a lot of interest in it for that reason alone." Wilson said that Burns has managed to keep the original cast members interested and involved.

The proposed television movie would bring the Jupiter II crew home and, in the process, strand a new group of people in space. Wilson said that Burns came to him in part because of his work on the SCI FI Channel's upcoming original show Tremors: The Series. Burns told Wilson, "'Here's the problem: How do you find the original people and then end up lost yourself?' That was one of the bigger problems Brent and I solved in the script. But I will maintain the secrecy of that in case it ever gets made."

David Kerin March 25th, 2003 01:36 PM

Hmmmm

LIS had it's reimagining come and go, and now there is talk of a reunion/spinoff with original cast members.

Too bad we may have to wait for this Moore travesty to pass before someone realizes the value of combining the original cast with new. Bridge the gap.

Possibly someone will wake up over at Universal, save themselves some time and money, and give us a production that keeps the original alive, reuniting us with the original characters and introducing us to the new generation.

Will they ever get it?

jewels March 25th, 2003 01:50 PM

I hope they get it, and quickly, David.

TwoBrainedCylon March 25th, 2003 01:53 PM

I would gladly watch that

Now that I would watch!

Two-Brain

the3rdhuman March 25th, 2003 01:56 PM

Sounds pretty good to me

I'd watch too.

the3rdhuman March 25th, 2003 02:03 PM

Sounds pretty good to me

I'd watch too.

the3rdhuman March 25th, 2003 02:06 PM

Sorry

Double-posting moron that I am

kingfish March 25th, 2003 03:03 PM

Married With Children

Even the Bundy's got together again.

michaelfaries March 25th, 2003 03:35 PM

I'd definitely watch, especially if Kevin Burns is involved.

Michael
:colwar:

sdoziernc1 March 25th, 2003 10:23 PM

I'd watch too

Why can't they get it right?

March 27th, 2003 11:19 PM

To much time?

Quote:

Originally posted by David Kerin
LIS had it's reimagining come and go, and now there is talk of a reunion/spinoff with original cast members.

Too bad we may have to wait for this Moore travesty to pass before someone realizes the value of combining the original cast with new. Bridge the gap.

Possibly someone will wake up over at Universal, save themselves some time and money, and give us a production that keeps the original alive, reuniting us with the original characters and introducing us to the new generation.

Will they ever get it?

Some people say that a contnuation of Galactica won't work because to much time has past. But this show has been off air air for over 30 years and some still want to do a reunion/spinoff with original cast members. I will watch if it gets made. The one thing I would change is replace the robot with a Cylon.
:cylon:

Jim:colwar:

KJ March 28th, 2003 09:18 AM

Hey kingfish

Married With Children had a reunion movie or something? When was this. I'm a huge Married with Children fan loved those Bundy's.(No not Ted? Al people) after 11 Seasons there were going to get another season which would have pushed the series into the stratosphere (1 million an episode i heard ) but it got cancelled. Now they are back again?

Please tell me more.

sdoziernc1 March 28th, 2003 12:27 PM

"Married...with Children"

Fox aired a "Married...with Children" reunion special on Sunday, Feb. 16 which basicallly was a filmclip retrospective. It showed all of the original cast (Ed O'Neill, Christina Applegate, Katey Segal, David Fausitino - I think that's right) sitting around discussing their memories of the original show on a set that was rebuilt to resemble the Bundys' living room. Amanda Bearse and both of the actors who played her husbands were also there. It was a one-hour discussion/clipfest that was shown in their original Sunday night at 9pm. time slot, and it got very good ratings - it was in the Top 20 for the week. The original show was cancelled because Fox made the stupid decision of putting "Married" on Saturday nights as an attempt to turn Saturday into a comedy night. It got horrible ratings - it was the only season in which Fox aired alternate programming on Saturdays other than their "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted" series. There was a huge outcry from the law enforcement community as well as viewers when those shows were taken off Saturday night. "Married" eventually landed on Monday where I think it ended.

PS. Ed O'Neill was great as Al Bundy but Joe Friday, he's not...