Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Living Anime... (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6495)

Muffit March 10th, 2004 05:51 PM

Living Anime...

I saw quite a sight yersterday... was picking up my daughter from school, and this 11-ish girl walked by. I could swear she walked straight out of an anime flik! Hair slicked dark with those characteristic wispy locks in the front. Big, black, shiny, piercing eyes. Tiny red lips with that cutesy look. Super light complected. And that look... just like a freeze frame in anime!

I had to do a double take. Was like seeing a living film cel!

:muffit:

Rowan March 10th, 2004 06:00 PM

Muffit I think maybe you've been watching a wee bit too much anime OR maybe you should hold of on that "special" little coffee addition ...;) :D

Muffit March 10th, 2004 06:23 PM

:laugh:

thomas7g March 10th, 2004 07:55 PM

We should order a sailer suit for that girl!

Muffit March 10th, 2004 08:14 PM

LOL Thomas!

Ooh, actually, I found out it may not be so odd she looked that way - my daughter's school has "special days" when they dress up all sorts of ways - perhaps this was one of them?

It's just that stare she gave me... right out of a film cel... ;)

callsignfalcon March 11th, 2004 09:56 PM

Lol, thats kinda scary...
Quote:

*ROFL* Sorry... I just finished watching an episode of PGSM (Live action sailor moon)... I can actually picture a real life person wearing a sailor suit cause of it.... and i found the comment funny.... >.<

shiningstar March 21st, 2004 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas7g

LOL Thomas! :laugh: You just made me choke on my water :laugh:

It was worth it for the laugh you gave me ;)

shiningstar March 21st, 2004 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
LOL Thomas!

Ooh, actually, I found out it may not be so odd she looked that way - my daughter's school has "special days" when they dress up all sorts of ways - perhaps this was one of them?

It's just that stare she gave me... right out of a film cel... ;)

I believe you Muffit ........life can be wierd like that sometimes ;)

thomas7g March 21st, 2004 05:27 PM

Yup.

Actually I think in Japan sailor suits are typical for female students. I think that there must be alot of mandatory school uniforms in japanese schools. In every show I see from japan, if there are students, they are wearing school uniforms of some sort.

And I'm not sure, but I think the original purpose of that square flap in back was to be a covering. Its suppose to be larger and with a drawstring inside. So if you were exposed to wet weather, you could pull it over your head to keep your hair dry.

:D