Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   A new movie featuring the original cast??? (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4914)

Belloby November 10th, 2003 10:53 AM

A new movie featuring the original cast???

Is that what I'm hearing? Is the original cast going to be back? What do you all think of this? Do you think Galactica is strong enough to become a large franchise like Star Trek?

jewels November 10th, 2003 12:19 PM

Belloby,
there is plenty of story to tell, the major cast members are still with us (other than Maren is MIA) It could be logical to say that Adama has passed away in the intervening years, that Baltar had been stranded on that post-Hand of God planet as Adama had promised, but the fleet's search for Earth goes on.

Richard had a very good story line, sort of 2 storylines: one for the 2nd Coming trailer and one for the books; DeSanto/Singer's was just as interesting.

Similarities in the 2nd coming & DeSanto's versions that I thought were interesting:
1) Adama has passed and fleet is under new commander of Adama's family line
2) Colonials stopped either on a planet or by building a spacestation in an asteroid belt: but in both cases they had stopped running long enough to rebuild a start of a civilization
3) The settled Colonials debate the military's future & how much they are needed to protect the settlement/how much to fund them
4) The cylons have been through some sort of setback that kept them off pursuit (TSC: Cylon Civil War; DeSanto: Colonials routed them 23 yrs prior.)
5) The Cylons now attacking the Colonials are more menacing than ever before, in fact there has been an evolution or a technology jump on the Cylon side of some sort (nanotechnology incorporating captured humans into the Cylon race in DeSanto's case)
6) In both cases the commanders (TSC: Apollo; DeSanto: A grown Boxey, now called Orrin) have readied new viper designs just in case.
7) in both cases the fleet ships are somewhat decommissioned or repurposed.
8) in both cases, the rag tag fleet restarts it's exodus across the stars towards that shining planet known as earth.

jewels November 10th, 2003 12:25 PM

Spoiler Alert:
Oh, and a few of us freaked Tom DeSanto out a bit at his talk:
Jane Seymour had called him and said she was interested in participating in his production if there was a place for her: he'd have had her on the ship of lights and made her part of his plotline to bring the "evil" Apollo back to himself and the fleet.

What we started to explain to Tom: Ironically, Richard has Serina back in his 3rd book; used much as light being (the ship appears as Kobol is destroyed) to guide Apollo into what he needed to learn to get the fleet out of Kobol.

kingfish November 10th, 2003 12:41 PM

Re: A new movie featuring the original cast???

Quote:

Originally posted by Belloby
Is that what I'm hearing? Is the original cast going to be back? What do you all think of this? Do you think Galactica is strong enough to become a large franchise like Star Trek?

Belloby we don't know if the original cast will return but we are trying our hardest.

AlternityOrange November 10th, 2003 12:45 PM

Quote:

Do you think Galactica is strong enough to become a large franchise like Star Trek?
With the right people in charge, absolutely! Unfortunately, the right people aren't in charge at the moment.

cobrastrikelead November 10th, 2003 03:21 PM

I don't know, but wouldn't it be

Glorious, if it did happen.

Trevor Angelus November 10th, 2003 07:17 PM

Well Siress Belloby, I firmly believe it can with good writing, good planing, and most impotant of all, an excellent follow through. Some creators I would like to suggest would be Joss Whedon: he had some great ideas for Firefly that could be great if he turned a little attention towards BSG, Tim Minear; his work on Angel has been nothing short of brilliance, and David Greenwalt; the man has an original mind and is willing to go into bold new directions as seen in Miracles. I am not suggesting placing the project solely into their more than capable hands, but at least bring them on board as part of the creative team. I beleive with a team like this, who has the ability to reach beyond the genre and bring in a diverse influx of fans. Yes I beleive given the proper treatment this could be as big as Trek.

originalsinner November 10th, 2003 08:11 PM

!

BSG needs to get out the hands of Moore and Hammer. Universal should hands the keys to Desanto. BSG, future should be on the big Screen

thomas7g November 10th, 2003 08:55 PM

its more or less out of universals's hands. Larson owns the rights. So its up to whether or not he can find a backer who believes that there can be money made financing a BG movie. :D

jewels November 10th, 2003 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by conundrum7g
its more or less out of universals's hands. Larson owns the rights. So its up to whether or not he can find a backer who believes that there can be money made financing a BG movie. :D
*points to dvd sales rank article at http://www.dvdfile.com/news/sales_st...can/index.html

and then shouts READ THE DISCLAIMER, they don't count internet sales in their rank only Point of Service (brick and mortar) retailers, many of whom couldn't get it in the first week.

I would so kill for total sales figures on this set!

I hope Mr. Larson & Mr. DeSanto can get them--THAT is what they need to show the investors.

amberstar November 11th, 2003 06:39 PM

Yes, I believe this dream can become reality if handled properly. What a wonderful day it will be to see a continuation and the "BIG G" on screen!
I know most of us are willing to help any way we can to make this happen.
Amber

GalacticanCajun November 14th, 2003 05:58 AM

I thought WalMart was going to carry the set. Nieither of the 2 wallmarts I go to has it. And one is a super walmart. What gives?

kingfish November 14th, 2003 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GalacticanCajun
I thought WalMart was going to carry the set. Nieither of the 2 wallmarts I go to has it. And one is a super walmart. What gives?

The Walmart closest to where I live didn't have any sets. The Supercenter finally received them and now sells them for $99.00. Fortunately I purchased mine through Amazon.com.