Warrior Ace

Default Uniforms for sale

Looks like Monsters in Motion is about to start selling uniforms and jackets:

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cata...oducts_id/9639
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM   #2
Emerys
Shuttle Pilot

They look really good! The only other place I've seen doing quality work is at http://www.battlestargalactica.org/ Still no ideas where to get the right boots though
Emerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #3
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Thing is, the pic of the bridge uniform and the warrior uniform ARE the same pics that are on battlestargalactica.org!! Not sure what that means...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

The boots come up from time to time on ebay...was it Sidi motorcross boots? There was a custom bootmaker still making them a couple of years ago. If you delve through all the links jjrakman compiled over at www.colonialfanforce.org you may find the boot person/company.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Viper 1
Warrior

No the Warrior boots are not SiDis.

They are Full Boars.

And a custome made pair will run you about 500 dollars.

If you want to get boots for the "Girls" warrior costume... (like Annie wore) you can just find regular high topped black leather boots. They're a little easier to find.
Viper 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #6
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

The women's boots are English-style equestrian field boots for riding cross-country or trails (as opposed to dress boots for shows like dressage and show jumping which don't have laces). They are made taller than most walking boots, covering nearly all of the calf.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:12 AM   #7
spcglider
Boomer ROCKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis
Thing is, the pic of the bridge uniform and the warrior uniform ARE the same pics that are on battlestargalactica.org!! Not sure what that means...
It either means they are getting their stock from BG.org OR they simply stole the images from the site (which is a VERY common practice... much to the dismay of website owners everywhere).

To this day, I still have not seen an "officially produced" Galactica uniform that I'd spend that much money on. If I'm spending that much money, I'd spend a little more and make my own with the help of the bazillion costumers I know. I'm a little anal about how stuff like this looks when you wear it. I'd want it tailored properly.

In this case, we'll have to wait and see whether or not it is BG.org that's doing the work or if Monsters In Motion has managed to find another supplier.

-G
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:15 AM   #8
spcglider
Boomer ROCKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 1
No the Warrior boots are not SiDis.

They are Full Boars.

And a custome made pair will run you about 500 dollars.

If you want to get boots for the "Girls" warrior costume... (like Annie wore) you can just find regular high topped black leather boots. They're a little easier to find.
To clarify: The boots WERE released by the Sidi company. The STYLE was called "Full Bore". The Sidi company is still in business and still makes riding footwear, though most of what they make now is designed for bicyclists as far as I can tell.

-G
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:24 AM   #9
spcglider
Boomer ROCKS!!

On the subject of boots:

The background bridge crew (tan AND blue) wore tall black boots in many scenes. The motocross boots were too expensive to stockpile for every extra in the background.

The "custom" versions you see on ebay every so often are NOT terrifically accurate. The last ones I saw had "lug" or "Waffle stomper" soles on them. Good for traction, but not accurate. The buckles the guy uses are regular buckles as well... not the slider buckles that are appropriate.

I guess it comes down to your ATQ... Accuracy Tolerance Quotient.

While I don't like the custom ones being made, I am perfectly happy with the new "retro styled" Joel Roberts Replica boots I have. They are band new... literally. Not old store stock or "antiques". They were made for the new trend in racing, which is to kit yourself up with vintage styled gear and trick out your bike with all vintage style parts.
The Roberst boots aren't 100% accurate either, but they have the same lines as the Full Bores. Which is just about as important to me as anything else.

-Gordon