Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old March 17th, 2004, 02:22 AM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default If you play deathmatch FPS games...

What is your favorite type of weapon in an FPS game? What kind of player/deathmatcher are you?

Are you the close in combat type with SHOTGUNS?

Are you the standoff type with ROCKET LAUNCHERS?

Are you the spray and pray type with whatever ASSAULT RIFLES the game offers?

Or are you the cunning, sneaky, fight from the shadows type with a SNIPER RIFLE?

Me, I likes sniper rifles. Especially if the game counts "head shots". Nothing like a hard earned one-shot/one-kill with the most trusty standoff weapon in the game.

Of course, in HALO, I also likes the TANK. Makes for great counter-gun fire, especially against pesky snipers...like me... :laugh:

When some friends and I used to play 16 player HALO, and if we had vehicles in our particular match set up, I would pick the TANK, and make sure I was armed with a sniper rifle and a ROCKET LAUNCHER if I was out of the tank. One of the enemy teammembers would be perched up on a mountainside in Blood Gulch, and if he took a potshot at me with a sniper rifle, I could see his tracer, and return fire with the tank cannon, blasting him off that rockface. (If you travelled in any vehicle, you would be particularly vulnerable...so when I drove the tank, I would park it frontways against a cliff wall, swing the cannon aft, and the tank actually offered me some protection against snipers.)

So, what's yer poison and playstyle, mates?

Respectfully and curiously,
Martok2112
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:19 PM   #2
agent404

I like to sneak up on an enemy and hit him hard in the back with superior firepower.
I usually like to mix up the tactics depending on the situation though.