Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 23rd, 2003, 01:30 PM   #1
JohnBaxter

Default Cylon Head - DVD Limited Edition.

Now that the REAL Battlestar Galactica is here on DVD, will the Cylon Head Edition be the only released, or will Universal release the DVDs in a normal boxset?:colwar:
Old October 23rd, 2003, 02:40 PM   #2
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Damn ugly thing but hey i've got them and don't really care about the box

hehe.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:56 PM   #3
SeoulWind

I wish they had skipped the head all together... What was the point in cutting the crest off the top? Why not scale it down a bit and get the whole thing on there?

Then again, why add something that would make it even harder to fit these on a shelf than the width of the packaging necessary to contain all the disks already does?

I wonder how much extra the head adds to the price of the set, too...

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea
Old October 29th, 2003, 06:31 AM   #4
Apollo

I'm using my Cylon Head for target practice! :p
Old October 29th, 2003, 08:25 AM   #5
MMaola
Shuttle Pilot

Actually, I LIKE the Cylon head. Sure it doesn't have the detail of what we saw in the show. But, hey, it's a box cover for Pete's sake, not an action figure.

So much for the packaging. It's the CONTENTS that are the important thing. And the DVD collection is FANTASTIC! Finally, they have given us Galactica fans what we've been wanting for 25 years!

The NEXT step is a new feature film (or film series) by Larson, DeSanto and Hatch continuing the ORIGINAL vision and direction of the series!

So instead of debating the merits of the marketing folks, crack open that DVD collection, put the disks in your player, kick back and ENJOY!!!

Old October 29th, 2003, 09:23 AM   #6
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Head...

I like the Cylon head. It definitely is eye-catching on the shelf. I plan to keep it on my book shelf (once I get it, that is).

Most people are not going to remember the mohawk thing on top of the Cylon head anyway, they are just going to remember that Cylon face and hopefully be moved to buy it. I just wonder what the average person will do when they see it? Will they buy it? It is rather expensive after all...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:40 AM   #7
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

I like the Cylon head. Right now, it's sitting on my fireplace mantle along with my dolls and stuffed animals. I'm going to see how long it takes for family and friends to notice it sitting there. :laugh:
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote