Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 25th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #1
Thunderstruck
Warrior

Default Glen Larson on Filming Orig. BSG

Came across this vid- not many views- thought I would share it

From Oct 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmafx...eature=related

It is interesting some of the things he says, when I just saw
"Ancient Aliens- The Evidence" on TV just the other day.
Was a very good 2hour Doc. It really ties into some of the things he
mentions in this with that Documentary.

Often I try and relay the same message that we knew little then of space and the universe compared with today.

But it really was strange how that Documentary and some of the things
that he relates from then and now are uncanny.I think it was on the SCIence channel or possibly History Channel.

If you happen across this documentary(Ancient Aliens-the evidence) I recommend watching it. Some of the things or issues it brings up in some ways makes sense to myself. How facts do not add up to what is believed or taught about ancient civilizations. The Maya,the Egyptians

One of the things is the moving of 200 ton cut stones- for us today to move would require 8 cranes ( I think it said) Also cutting of the stones. To do what they did then with what the tools supposedly used
is really impossible to believe.
Uncanny.
The pyramids are huge power plants? The alien aspect to me is not quite beleivable, but the technologies used were known and used and we cannot find them or figure them out. It was a good in depth look at some of the evidence.

oooops may have posted in wrong thread,,,,, you may move if you like.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/.../Viper-Sig.gif
So much to learn , so little time, and so many ideas with so little knowledge and so much to discover with so many things to try.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #2
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Re: Glen Larson on Filming Orig. BSG

I've been involved with moving a few pieces of equipment that weighed around 125 tons (250,000 lbs) and I can tell you with some certainty that you will not move 200 ton blocks on wooden or even stone rollers.

I have watched the "ancient aliens" shows and IMHO the best evidence is the actual DNA code itself. Its a string of low level, base 4 (as opposed to binary) computer type code. Complete with comment blocks, sub routines and switches. the comment blocks are really the biggest give away that DNA is an artifact rather than a natural chance occurance. Some code blocks are untouchable, which means you cannot change even one bit or the whole program will crash, others you can swap around willie-nilly and it still functions. Some of the the "no-touch" sections of the program represent the core functionality of the program and are common , and in many cases identical from humans all the way down to pond scum and evrything in between. There is also a sort of "error checking" built in to the structure which tends to reject many mutated or "error" bits.

read this, http://ds9a.nl/amazing-dna/

and, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnSxR...eature=related

You can also watch some of the animated videos produced by the "Intillegent Design" people. the one about the flagellan motor (SP?) and the one showing the DNA processing factory inside a cell are both very interesting.

Last edited by Punisher454; February 25th, 2011 at 09:14 AM..
Punisher454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Thunderstruck
Warrior

That flagellum motor was very interesting.

the other was a little over my head lol

I just watched the first 2 parts I did not see of that show (Ancient Aliens-the evidence) Found them on youtube. Another Striking thing
was the fact that 2 separate civilizations,7000 miles apart have
items(objects) that are aerodynamically sound. One, which is a plane
wings beneath- was replicated and scaled up and was actually flyable.
A colonial viper LOL

The ancients seemed to possess some knowledge and technologies that are lost or unknown, and obviously were not stupid. That one,
does not mimick nature-insect or bird to my knowledge, and if was a fanciful artifact or toy made of gold- why is it a sound design?

It is all indeed fascinating,intriguing,interesting and makes you wonder.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/.../Viper-Sig.gif
So much to learn , so little time, and so many ideas with so little knowledge and so much to discover with so many things to try.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #4
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

the most interesting thing about that motor is the concept of "Irreducable complexity" meaning that if you simplify it any more or remove even 1 part it will not function. This rules out the possibility that the motor "evolved", since that theory requires random change through mutation, and a major change requires a reproductive advantage to get passed on. The motor could not have happened randomly.

Another one that will make you wonder is some of the ancient paintings of powerful beings using "magical" weapons to destroy people/objects. From different cultures separated by great distances we see what looks like the same funny object with a funky curved handle. This may be Thor's hammer. Most likely its a type of tool or weapon that either fell into the wrong hands, or was used in anger by one of the more advanced visitors. Maybe even a rogue individual at that.

You'll never get any mainstream scientist or archaeologist to look at this stuff with fresh eyes. They tend to get blacklisted for thinking outside the box.