Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 14th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #1
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Default Some BSG dreams DO come true! PIC'S!!!

I wanted to share with you all the fantastic day that we had at the Birmingham BSG convention yesterday, by showing you some pics of it, and of the signed photo's that we got!
We had the greatest of times!
We got there early, and went straight to the signing point.
When the crew arrived, we were at the front and got straight to talking to them!
They were the nicest bunch of people its ever been my fortune to meet, and as we were so early, we got to chat to them for like an hour and a half!!!!! (Not including Dirk who swapped chairs while we were talking to Laurette, so we left him till last, which was a mistake because by the time we got back to him there was a huge queue to see him).
We got everyones sig on some great shots, with some amazing quotes and phrases.
I'll post some pics in a bit YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THEM!!!!

OMG Richards trailer!!!! We begged him, and got him to show it!
It brought a lump to my throat!!!
The guy from NuBSG basically was sat right next to it while it was being shown and he didn't even bother to get up and watch!
Grumpy looking sod.
I didn't bother to get his photo/sig.
I was a bit gutted that the new-girl starbuck wasn't there!
After her comments that it was all hot air, and nobody's ever told her in person that she's 'a bit fat and can't act', I thought I'd step up to the challenge!
OH WELL, CANT HAVE EVERYTHING i GUESS.

Richard was soooooo amazing, such a nice guy, so friendly, and just the greatest! I just wanted to cry on his shoulder and say 'Richard, make the bad-bsg go away, and give us the second coming...'
Dirk was great, and full of scathing critique for the re-imagined role that will always be his!
Noah was really funny, and we had a joke and a laugh! We asked him when Richard stopped 'fluffing' his hair, and he said 'he still does'!
Laurette and Anne were angels! So graceful and sweet, we talked to them for ages and ages.
Jack is the man! we got such a good photo of him, and chatting to him you get the feeling he's really a 'fan' of the series as well as a star.
Terry cracked me up by not knowing that 'Executive Officer' is abbreviated to 'X-O'.
Herb's great and much bigger than he looks on telly (Richard and Dirk are also really tall!)

We asked everyone if they'd heard about the comment's that Glen is supposed to have made the other week, but only the Laurette smiled and gave me real hope when I asked if they were all together this far from home to raise awareness in readiness for a new project!
Everyone else said they'd take part if it happened though!

I must add a footnote for Walter Koneig who came over to meet the BSG crew and chatted to them before going to start his signing session.
What a lovely bloke!
One of my earliest heroes, and one of the few stars who appear in three of my all time favourite series: Trek, B5, Futurama!
Wait till you see the pics he did for us!!

Superfan Michelle (Mrs Centurian Draco) Meets her hero!

Wording is:
'Where is my fumerella!?'
&
'If there's a game anywhere in the Galaxy... I'm In it!'

I'll be framing that one with some props, cubits etc.

Wording:
'See you in the Launch Tubes..'

Wording:
'AH FRACK!'
&
'Blessings From The Lords Of Kobol'

Wording:
'From the X-O'
&
'Keep the faith'

Wording:
'Come back here you darn Daggitt!'
&
'Sit Muffit Sit'

Wording:
'See you on the Pegasus! God Bless You'
&
'The Pegasus will return'

Wording:
'Don't ask me to say Nuclear Wessels!'
&
'The Corp's is Father... The Corp's is Mother'

Centurion Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #2
julix
Bad Email Address

Great pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #3
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

That's awesome!!!

Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #4
zankoku
Shuttle Pilot

Those were great. Thanks for posting them

Jim
zankoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #5
Fragmentary

Looks like somebody had a LOT of fun
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 12:52 AM   #7
gmd3d
Major

COOL pic .... I wish I could have gone ... perhap next time..

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:20 AM   #8
julix
Bad Email Address

Boxey looks cute all grown up!!! Course he was cute as a kid..........
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:47 AM   #9
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Draco,
Did Noah say if he ever got his custom cycle shop going?

I'm glad you had so much fun! I love Herb's "keep the faith" and Anne's "see you on the Pegasus".

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:53 AM   #10
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Awesome stuff!

Thanks for sharing!

Old August 15th, 2005, 07:20 AM   #11
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Glad to see Anne back out doing a convention. I had not heard anything from her for a couple of years...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #12
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

Charybdis,

I too have been looking long and hard for an appearance from Anne.

BUT!!! She did two cons this year.

The first I think one was in Detroit and Marcon in Columbus. Both were last minute additions and both crushed me, as I would have gone to either and had been following along.

Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 02:18 PM   #13
shugotenshi
Nameless Redshirt Ensign

Thanks for the pics.

Shugotenshi = Guardian Angel
shugotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #14
KJ
Strike Leader

Hi CD. Nice stuff there Centurion Draco.

Tell me was this done on a Saturday or Sunday?

Your pictures remind me of how it went for me there. Stu Phillips had a lovely assistant on Sunday, i thought she was REAL nice as i can see her there in one of your pictures. Ah...i notice, there were the 'Potter kids' behind Walter Koenig spot after all huh. I didn't see them there. I wondered if they had anybody going up to them afterall.

I notice you and i have several of the same autos too.

The one with Colonel Tigh, Cassiopea (one with the golden dress), the same one with Starbuck (holding the cubit) but i had my done two years ago same with the Boomer one as well. The Noah Hathaway one differs from mine. I chose the one of the with him in the 'Colonial Anthem' which had Jane Seymour in it too. (just in case one doesn't get the chance ya know? ) yeah, he was great to meet too.

I'm really glad for you and all others who went. It was a fantastic day out for all involved, everyone smiled a genuine smile and the stars while very entertaining and funny had a very believable "down to earth" and well grounded realistic attitude. They were all very approachable and friendly and spoke to you as if they invited you to dinner and shoot a few 'barbs' around a meal as such.

Guess i should make ready my details of the event.

Quote:
OMG Richards trailer!!!! We begged him, and got him to show it!
I've got a similar story with a different ending i'll share in my report soon.

Just stay tuned is all.

Thanks for sharing Centurion Draco

KJ
Old August 18th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #15
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
Hi CD. Nice stuff there Centurion Draco.

Tell me was this done on a Saturday or Sunday?

Your pictures remind me of how it went for me there. Stu Phillips had a lovely assistant on Sunday, i thought she was REAL nice as i can see her there in one of your pictures. Ah...i notice, there were the 'Potter kids' behind Walter Koenig spot after all huh. I didn't see them there. I wondered if they had anybody going up to them afterall.

I notice you and i have several of the same autos too.

The one with Colonel Tigh, Cassiopea (one with the golden dress), the same one with Starbuck (holding the cubit) but i had my done two years ago same with the Boomer one as well. The Noah Hathaway one differs from mine. I chose the one of the with him in the 'Colonial Anthem' which had Jane Seymour in it too. (just in case one doesn't get the chance ya know? ) yeah, he was great to meet too.

I'm really glad for you and all others who went. It was a fantastic day out for all involved, everyone smiled a genuine smile and the stars while very entertaining and funny had a very believable "down to earth" and well grounded realistic attitude. They were all very approachable and friendly and spoke to you as if they invited you to dinner and shoot a few 'barbs' around a meal as such.

Guess i should make ready my details of the event.

I've got a similar story with a different ending i'll share in my report soon.

Just stay tuned is all.

Thanks for sharing Centurion Draco

KJ
Hi LKJ

We were there on Saturday, we got the early entry tickets and were there when they opened the doors, and we didn't leave till they asked us to!

It was an amazing day.
It can be a hard thing to meet your childhood heroes!
They have a lot to live up to, and having met a lot of 'celebrities' over the years (through work) I can honestly say that I was a little worried about it.
Well, I shouldn't have been! A couple of the guys seemed a little jet-lagged (but still genuinely friendly) and everyone else was more than everything I could have hoped for!
I felt like I was meeting old friends, and treated them as such (which must have been disconcerting for them) but they responded absolutely in kind, and chatted to Michelle and I like they'd known us for years!

Now I'm not normally a 'cult of personality' super-fan, and I really do have uber-high standards for those few people that I do genuinely admire. With that in mind, I can honestly say that I would unreservedly recommend to any BSG fan, that they make the effort to meet these people if they ever get the opportunity!

We were so lucky to be able to monopolise them for so long, and I was somewhat suprised that there were'nt more people there for the experience. However, I can only wonder how people found out that this show was happening at all, as I only heard from an aquaintance who knew about Dirk being there (but it was enough to make me find out obviously!). Since it happened, I've spoken to several people who've said that they would have gone if they'd known it was on!

Richards trailer brought a lump to my throat!
John Colicos' Baltar lived again briefly, I was lost for words. As those soooo long awaited images flashed past our eyes, we saw one familiar face after another, and realised just how many people gave their time and talent to make that 4 minute's of magic happen.
As I said to Richard when it finished: 'How am I suposed to watch Sci-Fi's effort after seeing that?'
Some hope returned when he showed us the trailer for 'Great war of Magellan'! That gets a big thumbs-up! I hope to the lords of Kobol we see a series based on it!

I didn't see anyone at the 'potter' stand at all.
In fact, whenever I was near I didn't see anyone get a sig from matey from nuBSG either.
Although he didn't look very happy, way out there in cooty-town, away from the real BSG stars, so perhaps that was putting people off.

It's weird, I don't really dislike the new series, I just don't think it's either a patch on the real BSG, or 1% of what a continuation or remake could have been.
Had it been someone else from it (like the guy who plays Baltar, or the new Apollo) I'd probobly have made the effort to at least have a chat.
Had it been Olmos or Starbuckette, I'd have had a chat that would have been more of a case of me lecturing them on the need for humility and respect for their roots.
But the thought of meeting 'the chief' really didn't do anything for me.

Weirdly it's almost the reverse of my thoughts on meeting Malcolm from Enterprise!
I actually quite like his character/performance, but I think the series is fracking awful!
So, even though I would have liked to meet him, I'm not the sort of person to mince words, so I didn't want to risk him asking me if I liked the show, which is why I didn't get to meet him in the end! He didn't seem very busy either.

George Lazenby seemed quite busy!
Greavesy was moaning about something when I walked past.
People were moaning that they couldn't take pictures of the WWF wrestlers when I walked past their area. But they still had some kids getting sigs etc, and seemed quite busy.

We were only really there for the BSG crew! And we'd have thought the trip worthwhile to meet any one of them let alone seven!!
However Walter Koenig was a fantastic bonus, and I'd have thought it all worthwhile just to meet him!
I will treaure his 'Nuclear Wessells' picture

The BSG crew were happy to sign the pics in whatever way you wanted, so I was stunned by how many people just wanted a straight forward signature!
Laurette chose the dedication 'See you in the Launch Tubes' when she signed the pic to me (which even though I know in my heart she probobly puts that one a lot) made me feel very privilaged!!! Especially after chatting to her for ages and ages!!
Laurette and Anne were both very chatty, and still glow with the same grace and beauty that made them so utterly luminous in the original show!

Noah and Jack were both warm and funny, and you felt like they really were happy and enthusiastic about the show!! Noah had us in stitches!! I noticed the photo's of him in 'Never ending Story' and pointed them out to Mitch, who'se a huge fan of that film! Well, with her usual tact she said 'I didn't realise that was you??'
He replied: 'Hold on, I'll put my hair down' whipped off his cap, and pulled out his hair band, revealing his 'Never ending story' hair-cut!! We were cracked up!!!
Jack (Captain Bojay!! on his poster) was soo nice! We chatted about the show, and I commented that he shouldn't have chosen one of his 8by10s as it showed him lying injured on Gamoray!! Much better the heroic one with two blasters (which I got signed!) He agreed, and said Richard was jealous that he got to have two guns in that episode
Terry seemed a little jet-lagged, and I kind of threw him by asking for the 'From the X-O' dedication. He apparently hadn't heard 'Executive Officer' abreviated to that before? But he was really nice, and even tore up one picture because his pen was crappy and not writing proporly (you can see it a bit on the one I got)

Herb was great, he also seemed a bit jet-lagged I thought, but he made a real effort to answer all my questions and he jumped out from behind the table to allow us to get a good pic with him! What a gent!

Stu was ok, I got a sheet of BSG music signed.

Dirk was very cool! And very obviously still angry about the new show, and the 'castration' of HIS character! In fact the first thing he asked us was if we'd read his article on the subject?
We had some discussion about how 'fumerella' should be spelt. I of course deffered to his opinion.
He put two of the best dedications I managed to think of on the spot, on the pics we got signed! I'm really very proud of them. We got some good pics with him too.

Which brings me to Richard.
That man is a role model for how stars should act!
Friendly, and genuine, you got the impression that nothing was too much trouble for HIS fans!
I was completely blown away by how much presence and sheer force of personality Richard has, and by the impression it made on both Michelle and me.
I could go on and on about what a genuine hero I think that guy is, but I think that what says it best, is that I can honestly say that were I to list the great role models and heroes of my childhood: Bill Shatner and the Enterprise crew, Roy Thinnes, Yuri Gagarin, Neil Armstrong, Chuck Yager, I can't imagine feeling any happier or more honored to have met any of them than I do after meeting Richard.
Old August 18th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #16
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
Draco,
Did Noah say if he ever got his custom cycle shop going?

I'm glad you had so much fun! I love Herb's "keep the faith" and Anne's "see you on the Pegasus".

Jewels
we were to busy laughing about the role of Boxey and generally having a laugh with him to actually ask any serious questions.
I asked him how old he was when Richard stopped fluffing his hair? He replied that he still does!
He said that he only ever got to asy 'Come back here you darn Daggitt' in the show, and was telling us about the Evie's habit of ruining shots bay making farting noises.
He's really a very funny guy.

Last edited by Centurion Draco; August 19th, 2005 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: all the typos!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 09:42 PM   #17
video567
Shuttle Pilot

wow you are very luck, cons are always so far away from me and i cant wait to attened one soon, congratulations!
video567 is offline   Reply With Quote