Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 30th, 2018, 05:19 PM   #31
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Default Re: Athena's (Maren Jensen) acting...

IMO, just the skin tone says that person is not her.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:27 PM   #32
Senmut
Strike Leader

Anyone know how to do Facial Recognition?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2018, 05:49 AM   #33
Jayworld
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
If true, I think GL owed her an apology.
Here is another article, dated this year, concerning Maren and Epstein Barr. Note that it has the wrong photo of her at the top (misidentified photo)

https://showbizpost.com/what-happene...height-family/

According to the article, she splits her time between New York/Brooklyn and Los Angeles. Really would be wonderful to have her appear at any type of convention.
Old August 31st, 2018, 09:51 AM   #34
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

I'm not so sure that's not her. Look at the eyes...

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2018, 10:41 AM   #35
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

My above reply is actually in the wrong Maren thread
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2018, 10:43 AM   #36
Jayworld
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I'm not so sure that's not her. Look at the eyes...
Yes, as a posted in another post, I pulled the "older" photo and a similar one from 1979 into Photoshop and started working some digital magic (I'm a longtime Graphic Designer) on the "older" photo, adding makeup, eye shadow and shading, etc. I thought it ended up about an 85% match, but still unsure. A couple have since posted that it was not her.... The photo pulled, though, uses a last name not associated with her. When you find the older photo and right click to do a save as, the name associated with it is "Maren Bodenstein," which is a name not associated with Maren Jensen (see below)

Fastpeoplesearch.com (really good website) lists her information as follows:

Maren K Jensen
Lives in: Sherman Oaks, CA

Used to live: Sherman Oaks, CA, New York, NY, West Hollywood, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Culver City, CA, Brooklyn, NY

AKA: Kugelberg M Jensen , Maren Jensen , Maren J Kugelberg , Maren K Kugelberg , Maren Kugelberg

Related to: J Kugelberg , J Kugelberg , J Kugelberg , Johan C Kugelberg , Elizabeth B Kilroy , Oonagh Kilroy , Samuel Kilroykugelberg

Businesses: STILA COSMETICS, INC, GS BELLEVIEW PARTNERS, GOOD LUCK CLUB, INC
Old August 27th, 2019, 10:29 PM   #37
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Well to take this thread from long ago back to the matter of Maren's acting, sadly I have to concur that she was just not cutting it and the proof is not so much in what ended up on screen, but look at what she did that did NOT end up on the screen. If you go through the deleted scenes sections for Saga and GOIPZ which were the first episodes shot she has a lot more that indicated how prominent she was supposed to be and it all ended up on the cutting room floor. And when I see these scenes I am struck by how weak she is in these moments that are largely "family" moments with Apollo and Adama, and because these are meant to be critical scenes, I think her failure in them was what made the producers decide that Laurette was going to become front-and-center more.

I do agree that Maren did have her good moments and the locker room scene in Saga is literally her best moment in the entire series. In that moment she conveys beautifully the withdrawn reaction of someone who's just lost two family members, has seen her world shattered (and probably lost her religious faith too) and is now afraid of responding to Starbuck. If only she'd delivered like that in the scenes that were cut her future on the show might have been different.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote