Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old August 5th, 2008, 08:50 AM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: All of the BSG fan edits online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kerin
Hey everyone...

Decided to go back in and tweak a few things that were bothering me with the Saga of a Star World edit. Below is a list of the alterations. Nothing major, but some I just really wanted to take care of.

The same person who uploaded all the other edits will likely be placing this version online sometime soon. Likely the xvid avi version so it won't be a huge 4gig file to download. Not sure if he will include it or not, but as an extra I did have the exerpt taken from the tv movie version of Experiment in Terra where Adama narrates the history of the rise and fall of the Cylon Empire. Hopefully that will be included.

Big thanks again to negative1 over at demonoid for hosting these.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Saga of a Starworld

Changes from version 1

*Adjusted (hopefully) some lip synk problems in certain parts.
*Adjusted levels of video in FX to hide (at least try to )garbage-matte lines and help hide some of the grain from the source footage.
*Visual of storm over the old moon Cimtar with Apollo and Zak’s Vipers flying toward it.
*New shots showing Vipers and Raiders around Galactica as it leaves battle.
*Viper flys out behind Greenbean’s Viper cockpit shot while seeing Galactica leave.
*New shot as Atlantia’s bay explodes with other Battlestar in foreground and a third in the distance to give more of a feel of the fleet around them.
*Altered levels on additional planetary bombardment shots for more contrast.
*Added to the explosion of smaller Battlestar’s destruction over red planet.
*Columbia destruction sequence level adjustment.
*Added to explosion of Columbia.
*Added 2 Raiders flying over Caprica horizon right before Baltar on Caprica shots.
*Slight camera pan and tilt to Baltar on Caprica bookend establishing shots.
*New shot of Raider flying to Basestar over Carillon.
*New shot of Raiders departing basestar over Carillon.
*New shot composition showing Raiders doing their “pancake flip” move down over the Galactica.
*Explosion of surface of Gemini Freighter when hit by Raider lasers.

That's about it. As I said, not major... but I am much happier with this version. I know it is not everything everyone would want added in, but maybe some day I'll get the energy to go really crazy with it.

Hope all is well with everyone,

Dave

What killed me when i was away was missing out on your CGI video BSG contributions David. By the sounds of it you've done incredible wonders once again.

Everything hopefully will be fine with me at least soon enough and i'll be able to chat with you and talk Galactica happily once more.

KJ
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #2
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kerin View Post
Hey everyone...

Decided to go back in and tweak a few things that were bothering me with the Saga of a Star World edit. Below is a list of the alterations. Nothing major, but some I just really wanted to take care of.

The same person who uploaded all the other edits will likely be placing this version online sometime soon. Likely the xvid avi version so it won't be a huge 4gig file to download. Not sure if he will include it or not, but as an extra I did have the exerpt taken from the tv movie version of Experiment in Terra where Adama narrates the history of the rise and fall of the Cylon Empire. Hopefully that will be included.

Big thanks again to negative1 over at demonoid for hosting these.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Saga of a Starworld

Changes from version 1

*Adjusted (hopefully) some lip synk problems in certain parts.
*Adjusted levels of video in FX to hide (at least try to )garbage-matte lines and help hide some of the grain from the source footage.
*Visual of storm over the old moon Cimtar with Apollo and Zak’s Vipers flying toward it.
*New shots showing Vipers and Raiders around Galactica as it leaves battle.
*Viper flys out behind Greenbean’s Viper cockpit shot while seeing Galactica leave.
*New shot as Atlantia’s bay explodes with other Battlestar in foreground and a third in the distance to give more of a feel of the fleet around them.
*Altered levels on additional planetary bombardment shots for more contrast.
*Added to the explosion of smaller Battlestar’s destruction over red planet.
*Columbia destruction sequence level adjustment.
*Added to explosion of Columbia.
*Added 2 Raiders flying over Caprica horizon right before Baltar on Caprica shots.
*Slight camera pan and tilt to Baltar on Caprica bookend establishing shots.
*New shot of Raider flying to Basestar over Carillon.
*New shot of Raiders departing basestar over Carillon.
*New shot composition showing Raiders doing their “pancake flip” move down over the Galactica.
*Explosion of surface of Gemini Freighter when hit by Raider lasers.

That's about it. As I said, not major... but I am much happier with this version. I know it is not everything everyone would want added in, but maybe some day I'll get the energy to go really crazy with it.

Hope all is well with everyone,

Dave
Sounds great.

Can you please post a link for this. Thanks!

*I think I know the link but forgot*

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM   #3
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

This link should take you there.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/?categ...it&uid=0&sort=

If it doesn't work just go to www.demonoid.com and search "battlestar fanedit" and you should find them.

Looks like the seeders are down low again from what they were when first posted, but they are still there.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote