Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #481
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

When it comes down to it.

Hope Singer's got all this in mind.....

* Drew Struzan does the BSG movie poster. Possibly Frank Frazetta, if he's well enough to do so (Frank's getting on in age these days).

* Steve Skroce storyboards the movie (as he did with The Matrix movies). Guy Dyas can do them as well, but Steve Skroce should be hired as an artist for this picture too!

* Several A-list actors take prominate but yet supporting roles (including the possible sequels followups), while newcomers and original stars take the more established ones instead.

* Patrick McNee voice used for Imperious Leader. Have him film and record/loop his voice for a ton of voiceover work (Patrick getting on in age too) So at least there's a common reference to the original series in this respect! Any new technologies can make it more menacing and deeper voiced digitally etc... But as long as McNee reprises that role we'll have a big step forward in making any new incarnation of BSG have some nods to the classic series, while moving forward and giving McNee some new ground to cover using new dialogue being spoken and following a new/ongoing plot storywise!

Which makes perfect sense.

* Film in exotic locals around the globe. Everything from Egyptian and Mayan Pyramids to mountains and whatnot for beautifully shot location footage, for the new film etc. BIG EPIC "Friggin" VISION!!! Larson shot minor footage for LPOTG episode in Egypt, imagine what a multi-million dollar Galactica movie, would be able to achieve by comparison.

Capture those mythological BSG 'motifs' with some major location work for the movie version now!

* And of course, get a great friggin line producer to get you enough studio time. So production can film in famous places like; Pinewood studios (using the famous '007 soundstage'), Leavesden studios, Universal Studios (film lot), and their international namesakes in other studio lots; Prague and whatnot etc. (Want this baby to be big etc.)

Build those Sets and props in several studios if need be and cover those production costs wisely.

* Filmed in 3D IMAX cameras as well as traditional film cameras. Possibly have big action scenes filmed in digital 70mm for those long shots filled with incredible 'location Vistas' etc.

Anyone else got something to add....

KJ
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #482
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

It would be cool to see a movie that touched on all the unexplored aspects of the original series. Like, why did the 13Th colony go in a different direction then the 12 to find earth.
It would be cool to see some scenes of that. It would also be cool to see when they landed on earth. There were so many different things going on at the same time in the original that if touched on, this movie could have many layers to it and be very epic.

I'm still not crazy about another reboot but I'll give it a chance. I'm open to lots of different idea's that allow the original to exist but the reboot thing bums me out a bit.

Now I imagine there will soon be those who will be all over this forum attacking us but just as we gave the fans of Moore's production, a hand by arguing with the paid supporters at that time, they will be giving us a hand because it doesn't matter these days if it's good or bad, just as long as your talking about it, it will stay in the public eye.

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM   #483
KJ
Strike Leader

Think the earlier suggested idea of CF becoming a hotspot for the new production 'Old War Daggit', would be sweet long as it was sanctioned by DeSanto, Singer and Larson it'll be cool with me.

Long as the mods steped up their game and said, no infighting baiting etc, i'd be cool with that too. If newbies got banned for starting arguements and whatnot, too bad. We'd have to tolerate even more negative opinions about the new movie being what it is (hopefully a continuation) but if people think CF would be become anything like ainticool news simply cos it opened up commercially to sell the new BSG movie.

Think again!!!

CF might open the door to broaden its audience if it became the number #1 place to get updates for the movie. But i seriously doubt the mods would put up with people leaving disgusting posts simply to goad older fans and possibly new BSG movie fans alike.

KJ
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #484
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

All I have to say is that I've got an open mind about this film project. Until there's word as to story, casting, etc., I'm just not in the mood to worry about what it may or may not be at this point. I don't think that I could manage nearly 2 years' worth of worrying and wondering, so I've no choice but to be patient about it.

When I consider that when this thread first got started, there were a lot of folks that said it would never happen and now we've got another bump up in this bit of news that gives more credibility and life to it. I'm pretty happy just knowing that there are folks giving a BSG film serious consideration to put it in the development process.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #485
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep View Post
It's not just by Creep, even Kevin Smith said the only way you can look at 'X-Men' movies is by grasping that 'X-Men' represent gay people in society. Even that gay actor in 'X-Men', Alan Cumming, said that he took the role after Singer told him that those characters represent those outcasted [gay] people. People are also saying that Singer made Superman look gay - look a this if you don't believe me http://www.dailyramblings.com/ramblings/877.php
Creep -

I'm putting on the moderator hat for this particular post. If you care to talk about the subject at hand - which is the discussion of a BSG movie, then please join in. If you're here to talk homophobia, then maybe your time would be better spent over at AICN instead. One more post from you about this particular subject will get your posts deleted for being off topic and maybe a short term suspension of your posting privileges on this board.

Pull yourself back into formation and clean your act up - understood?

Regards,

Gemini1999
Colonial Fleets Moderator

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #486
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Regarding Colonial Fleets and her mission:

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=17153

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #487
KJ
Strike Leader

See..!

People shouldn't confuse freedom of speech with outright rudeness and total B.S. garbage etc.

Well done Gemini 1999.

Moving on......

I wanted to put this out there.

With an opportunity like the BSG movie being discussed for a big screen adaptation. Providing us with this should also allow for us to ask Universal 'Via' CFF if now would be an excellent time to put a 'Battlestar Galactica Remastered Special Edition' into action for Blu-Ray DVD re-release!

Think about it....

While doing Superman Returns, Singer did go across the road at Warners and talk to Michael Thau and film director, Richard Donner who were working on 'Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut'. One opportunity led to another being done. So doesn't anyone think that pretty soon the word should be asked of Universal, that if all things BSG are being considered now, wouldn't it be the perfect chance to vastly "Enhance" the original series on HD-DVD (such as Blu-Ray) with all the deleted scenes remastered and reincorperated back into their original episode slots. And for alot of scenes to be fixed and continuity issues with several scenes (The Pegasus conversation with Cain, Apollo and Boomer confronting Silverspar Squadron) and several editing goofs throughout the series now being all fixed up etc.

Remastering of picture and audio levels to be adjusted, Colour Enhancements (they look too muted nower days) and finally the remastering the episodes to be in 5.1 or 7.1 for PC's/Macs audio wise.

New interviews with the cast, and quite possibly auido commentary tracks by the actors where available!

Seeing as big amounts of money will no doubt be thrown at the new movie's production. Wonder if taking advantage of the situation by filtering some of the excess cash could also be put into production of the possibly remastered original '78 series onto Blu-Ray DVD's in the near future!

Gotta jump on that bandwagon if the chance of major opportunity comes by now don't we?

What do you all say people?.....

KJ
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #488
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Just Announced: NEW BATTLESTAR GALACTICA theatrical film!

NuBSG fans on other boards are just pissed that they all know deep down, their version was on shakey legs from the get go.

The movie being based on the classic series will only cement the fact, that their version was a massive egotrip for all those who produced and got behind it all (Hammer, Eick and Moore etc.) and that by going back to the original not only confirms their's was crap to begin with, but that the original series was always in the minds of the majority of folks the world over, since 1978!

Proof's in the pie ladies and gentlemen!

Everything in pulp culture, has referenced classic BSG not the Moore version. From The Simpsons, Family Guy, Robot Chicken to old sitcoms. When you've got that much knocking at your door, you've ask yourself. Whats more prelevent in society. A new show using the media claiming, its the best with a smaller cable audience, or a classic that everyone remembers from TV.

You don't build something with a smaller group with their own personal issues, cos it takes much longer to complete the damn task. You use a much larger group (i.e. everyone else in the global sense) to build something for (i.e. the new movie).

Singer will make changes no doubt, but if he's a fan of the classic series, even he wouldn't alienate the majority of the existing fanbase or new potential fans with a 90% altered BSG movie flick. Even Singer knows there are things you can't change if your basing a new movie off of something thats already known to the audiences for 3 plus decades!!!

If anything, Bryan Singer will probably be using his valuble time in the boardroom negociations to convincing the 'suits' of whats best for the new movie, and telling them to stop all the cliched nonsense of not "listening" to their audiences wants and demands i.e. us and the film going public!

We'll see though won't we, we'll see as more new news comes through!

KJ
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #489
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I definitely think we'll see some action on the original series front to promote this. I'd love to see a great Blue Ray set!

I think it will be a few months though. I understand how you feel Bryan. I'm dying for more info now that the announcement has been made! I'm looking forward to following the production though. From who is writing this thing on out!

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #490
KJ
Strike Leader

Thanks Monolith, i know deep down enough people on here want the original BG series to have the Blu-Ray treatment with extra features!

But also, unlike Star Trek, i think ALOT more care should go into making BG:RSE stand out moreso. ST being remastered kinda missed out on alot of things far as the TOS Star Trek episodes go. a BSG version would benefit greatly from alot more input from Larson and co. Think we should mail them DK edits with a letter, or at least get CFF to make a poster with DK's best pictures from his edits thus showing them whats expected in a HD-Remastering etc.

All this coming out along side the new movie would be cool indeed!

What else could happen, ideas anyone? What about getting Sandy's BSG Audio series a massive commercial sale distribution too with the new movie coming up? Hey, anything goes i reckon!

KJ
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:21 PM   #491
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

KJ, I like your thoughts on a SE.

Right now I just want them to focus on getting the movie developed and out.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #492
KJ
Strike Leader

P.S. I'm also going to remember all the "ass kissing" several magazines did and send them e-mails saying who looking to get info on the new BSG movie now huh, though you losers hated and trashed the classic series, my how things have change huh? Looks like in order to do your pitiful jobs, you've now got to get stories on the classic series getting an all new movie by film director Bryan Singer in order to fill your lousy mags up with new material about the old show you trashed in favor of the remake by RD Moore. You know? The one you love thats got misarable characters and glorified rape scenes, betrayals, Skinjobs Cylons (cos sci-fi was cheap and didn't want invest in making the villainous Cylon machines the star of the show etc?) and whatnot.

Crazy ain't it!

Yeah, i'm gonna love rubbing it back in their faces after so long.

KJ
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:39 PM   #493
KJ
Strike Leader

Both can happen at the same time though. Its not as if multiple projects can't be handle by a company large as Universal Studios.

And SE Blu-Ray Remastered DVD's of the classic series, could follow up from and only enhance the theatrical debut of the new film. Sandy's audio series getting a commerical release would be huge too. And alot of BSG books about the new movie and the classic series (and possibly NUBSG getting some action) could all get some exposure.

Nothing is small scale when you look at the big picture of things!

There's always room for multiple side-productions of BSG material, if a new big budgeted sci-fi movie coming out with BSG name on it.

KJ
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #494
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Something for everyone to consider...

* I wouldn't expect Tom, Bryan, Glen - anyone - to disclose details at this point.

* To Universal, BSG is the new series. The 1978 series isn't viewed with the same zeal and enthusiasm as we hold for it. I'm envisioning the hard sell of this "reimagined" movie project as a comparison between 1960s Star Trek and the 2009 Star Trek film. Re-do, not re-continue.

* Remember (and I hesitate to say this openly) that Singer's TV effort back in 2001 wasn't geared towards a revival/continuation project. In fact, it was Tom who made tremendous strides to get aspects of BSG TOS into the project. Execs were critical about not going with a continuation at the time; when Bryan/Tom started getting the production underway, certain things... changed. That's the major reason you never saw the production team make big splashes about Richard, Dirk, Herb, Noah, Terry, Anne, Laurette, Jack, George, etc. It would have undermined their efforts. I still think it helped to kill the project once Bryan left (that and the LAME excuses about Tom not having the acumen or experience to carry the project forward).

It slays me... Do you know how many of the original cast might have appeared?

Don't read into this though. I'd agree w/Richard as pointed out by Tracy. No original cast in their roles.

Michael
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #495
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I'm holding out hope, but if he does a faithful reboot I'd still be on board. I know it'll be much more recognizable as Battlestar no matter what he does.

I hope Tom does get involved. He's our guy!!! I'm hoping for that announcement and David Hayter as the writer.

Odds are we won't hear anything for a while. There is a lot of work to do even if this is fast tracked for 2011.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #496
KJ
Strike Leader

Agreed Michael!

Funny how, Larson's got his "Star" on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame and Moore doesn't. But who out of the two of them, gets far more respect far as talking to executives in a boardroom meeting?

Hmmm?.

Hollywood and its ageism thing!

Yeah, everyone and their dog wanted a continuation 2001/02 but the 'suits' don't. you figure people who go work in the entertainment industry would realise despite what they do in order to produce TV/movies, isn't the same as what the audience actually really wants!

Yet, here we are on the outside not knowing about anything going on about these meetings, only waiting what to be told they're going to undertake and in what exact 'capacity' yet again.

They can do what they want Michael, but at the end of the day, its our "money" and my hands aren't going to open my wallet near any box office counter, if the movie going to be "pants". And bad 'word of mouth' about any terrible film always kills the potential blockbuster movies during Summer/Holiday seasons, regardless of its famous "title" or not, if studios aren't very careful how they go about it.

Like i said before, hope Singer's educating the 'suits' about how not to disappoint the fans/fanbase and the luring in of new fans and getting a whole new audience to see this movie, if they're smart enough to go about the production of this thing the right way, and do it justice from the get go!

I don't expect a 70's Galactica TV series, 2 hour movie continuation to wrap up the lingering effects and plotlines of events left off from "Hand Of God". But i expect Singer (and DeSanto *fingers crossed*) in his own way will pay respects to the old show and give us something new to care for though. But with strong enough TOS elements running throughout! And building all new BSG mythologies too.

Don't be a stranger Mike, we'll talk again.

Cya!

KJ
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #497
larocque6689
Warrior

This was always my understanding of what Bryan's original plans were:

http://battlestargalactica.me/outsid...outdoc0047.htm

Quote:
"For me it was never a question of a remake. It was always going to be a continuation. It was really about how far we were going to set it in the future, and whether it was going to be a continuation Ã* la Star Trek: The Next Generation, which was going to be something completely different, where everyone in the past was dead, and they were referenced, and you might have Bones show up in the first episode, but that was it. Once Bryan saw the fanbase out there, he started to become convinced that it could be 25 years later, which was, I think, the best way to take the show."
Quote:
In the same note, Michael provided descriptions of this storyline. Surprisingly, they bear a strong resemblance neither to Ron Moore's miniseries script (reviewed later in 2002), nor previously published biodomes details from 2001, but rather, the original Bryan Singer concept for Galactica:

"[It's been] 130-160 yahrens since the original series, as I've been told, if one of the script ideas holds. And the possibility exists that this BG universe might be in the same universe in a different future timeline with different circumstances. Yes, there's Cylons as antogonists, but that's about the only thing I'm hearing that's related to the original series (by name only.) Even the show's namesake hasn't been defined yet. Are they re-imagining that, too?"
Quote:
Although the "biodomes" Galactica and DeSanto/Singer appear to be two separate productions, the initial reaction to the "biodomes" project by original series fans was something very much on the minds of DeSanto/Singer and StudiosUSA. As mentioned above, the earliest press releases distanced the new production from specific "biodomes" plot elements. The original series fanbase was also the main factor in Bryan Singer's decision to steer away from a Star Trek: The Next Generation style continuation in favor of one set a generation after the events of the 1978 series, and which would have included members of the original cast. It's entirely possible that the Next Generation plot elements attributed to the "biodomes" Galactica in 2002 originated from one of the early Bryan Singer scripts.
So Tom yanked that back to within a single generation after TOS.

Of course it was this very script which was disparaged by Kissinger, Eick et. al. and which they were happy to distance themselves from, as soon as Bryan Singer was no longer associated with the project.
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:32 AM   #498
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Creep,

I don't know you or anything about you ... but in light of your recent comment, I don't want to.

I've not seen any of Singer's films that seemed to be an advertisement for walking on the gay side. Given that you rush to the director's personal life as your slam against the project, I can only presume that you are a person of extemely poor character. If you seriously believe that this new Galactica project is going to be the Village People flying vipers in their leather outfits, then you're also an idiot.

As someone who is not in the gay community, I find your input offensive and moronic.

Russell
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:14 AM   #499
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Well now, I guess we had better stow away all the breakables!

Sleep now
They are calling

Old August 17th, 2009, 05:19 AM   #500
JLHurley
Warrior

Reading reactions from fans of Moore's version--the ones who are up at arms over the very idea of classic BG's return, anyway--is definitely amusing. Makes me think that the tables may have turned and it's now THEIR turn to get POed over new BG developments.

There have been many, many interpretations of Superman and Batman (in film and in print) since they first appeared in the late 30s/early 40s. Moore's BG is essentially a done thing, so I say move over and let someone else give this magnificent story a shot.
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #501
Benedict
Warrior

It is amusing these reactions. One I heard or read today was this being a slap in the face of the new series. I just hope that if Singer is a big a fan of the original as is said he does it true justice. Starbuck being a shade of the TOS self would be a plus
Galactica-era fan fic: Battlestar Pacifica #2 Saga of a Battlestar

"We thought the opposite of war, was peace. But we found the opposite of war was slavery."
Benedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #502
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Be careful not to use too wide a brush. There are quite a few folks posting at Skiffy, who are "willing to give it a chance". Granted, it is amusing to hear folks being all flustered about how Moore is being treated but, I tend to take it with a grain of salt considering that many of them only have his version of the show as a frame of reference.

With that being said please consider the above just a tiny bit of advice as we don't sanction conversation on this website about Moore's version.... good, bad, or otherwise.

If curious about what some of the new show fans really think, check the conversation @ http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2336054 and if you like, contribute to that conversation, as I have.

Finally, let's re-focus the conversation back toward the "new" Galactica movie which is reportedly going to be TOS-based.

Sleep now
They are calling

Old August 17th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #503
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Every time I hear that last bit I get a bit giddy.

Thats right I said it...giddy. GO BRYAN GO!!!

I'm taking a different tact with commenting on this thing. Its hard because we're really being baited into arguments and called some pretty bad stuff in some forums...but in truth we really need to get out there and show our support of this!

I'm telling a lot of people at Blackstar to remember to be take a stance for the new film, but not against the other show.

I took your advice to heart BST...I'm resisting the urge.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #504
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

For the most part, the Skiffy conversation isn't bad. I can respect someone whose fan-ness is based on GINO to be reluctant about this news.

I give it the same focus I did Ron at first. Lets see what comes of it. If its a reboot, sorry Eric, but I'll be there anxiously waiting to see where it goes. It might make Ron's fiasco seem good by comparison ... or it might expose it for the trash I personally think it is. If nothing else, it will help place GINO as "yet one more interpretation" which I think will be better for everyone in the long run. As my good friend, LSF has said, Ron and GINO had their run. Its done and over. Time for the next step and time to move forward.

Personally, I'm more interested in seeing where this is going than worrying about what's happened in the past.

All my best,

Russell
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #505
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Well put Russell! For the first time in a long time my anticipation outweighs any sludge someone can throw my way about this.

My heart is set on David Hayter writing this. He seems quite able to write within an existing universe and really make it rock! Any other ideas?

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

-Albert Einstein
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #506
KJ
Strike Leader

Yup agreed Monolith, David Hayter.

Not only did he do screenwriters job on X2 and Watchmen, but he's also the voice of Solid Snake and Naked Snake of the Metal Gear Solid series (YES!!!!!), which i'm a fan of!!! And he voices the EA Games commercials (Its in the game).

Go Hayter!

Heh........., hey?.......... What happened to this place? (Wasn't my last post over there.....)

Hmm, joining two thread together. Its a little odd. But ah well.

Anyways moving on.

As Twobrain said, where is this heading as of right now. Nice to see that news of this is spreading fast. But seeing as it early Tuesday morning, wondered if i'd check out E! Entertainment News in a hour or so, today and see whether its been reported on there yet. Cos i haven't checked out E! In a long while (loved it when Julianna and Patrick ran the 1 hour segment prior to the 30 minute half hour version which sucks to this day?), but i guess when you online it pays to use the power of "Google.com" instead.

When is E! Going to do a 'doc' about the classic series?! Mostly every other show of the 70's and 80's has one at least, where's BSG's!

Nice to see Garth's posted his news up on darkhorizons.com

He and i had barbs in the past about BSG future when i gave him the heads up on the previous Glen Larson announcement, gotta e-mail soon and see what he makes of all this too. He's a journalist first but he's got his own opinions which he shares with fans, so if anything thats always a good sign!

Its too early to think about what a teaser trailer might look like. Forgive me, even though i was out of it last night, yesterday was the whole Avatar IMAX shebang, i wondered if London would get it, but apparently not. But yeah, theorising on something thats in development putting out a trailer in months to come is something thats on the cards no doubt. I had recent excitment over the 'Tron Legacy' teaser trailer, with a all-new Galactica in studio talks right now, depending on what'll be announced soon, will led us to wonder what'll be thrown at the pre-production of such a venture to make the film, the stars, the storyline (reboot or continuation etc) and the FX (CGI, 3D projection etc.)

We had this out with Old War Daggit's thread a year ago or so didn't we.

Hope it gets to be made into a sticky soon. Cos i had some good theories in that that might pan out now that Bryan Singer's doing the Galactica movie. Bryan wanted to do some of SR sequences in 3D, which is why the Return To Krypton scenes were cutout in Superman Returns. Man's got a huge vision for things i'll say that much. Surely with a science fiction franchise like BSG at his command now, many modern day film technologies that we've debated might now see the light of day and be incorperated into a movie featuring and involving; 'Battlestar Galactica' far removed from its TV series incarnation yet still related (possibly) in some manner, once all is said and done!

*Sigh*

Its August, one wonders why all this didn't happen at ComicCon 2009 last month!

Now we've also got to wait for something bigger still to also be released and announced next July in San Diego too.

* Teaser Poster

* Actors signed up etc.

* Storyline Synopsis announced

* Battlestar Galactica Original Series Remastered Special Edition Blu-Ray DVD news (Official announcement *smile*.)

* Production of film date given out to the press!

Film might be stated for a 2011 release, but i'd like it if the script could be worked on for many months if need be, sets built etc and budget raised before filming got underway. Even Bryan Singer knows what happens when the needed 'prep-time' isn't there for a film, the movie suffers greatly as a major result.

Let keep the faith people, cos i'm glad i'm hearing this news after being around for so long, makes all the struggles we've faced together worth it!

Hope Tom DeSanto gets to be involved at a much later date, but still apart of the process. As will Stu Phillips', i mean who's going to score the movie without consulting him what he did on the original series?! At least several TV to film updates always seemed to have the series music composer, being told and asked what he thought of the new version, etc.

Laters.

KJ
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #507
Creep
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon View Post
Creep,

I don't know you or anything about you ... but in light of your recent comment, I don't want to.

I've not seen any of Singer's films that seemed to be an advertisement for walking on the gay side. Given that you rush to the director's personal life as your slam against the project, I can only presume that you are a person of extemely poor character. If you seriously believe that this new Galactica project is going to be the Village People flying vipers in their leather outfits, then you're also an idiot.

As someone who is not in the gay community, I find your input offensive and moronic.

Russell
I'm not rushing into anything I just said what other people also noticed about Singer's movies, like Kevin Smith, who is not gay hater since his own brother is gay. Not just that but my favorite film director of all time is R.W. Fassbinder who was gay/ bi sexual and also one of my favorite film director is Pedro Almodóvar.
All I wanted to say is that many Superman fans complained that Singer turned their favorite character into gay guy and he did very similar to "X-Men" and that it wouldn't be anything new if he did the same with new TOS BSG movie.

For example even an open homosexual magazine "The Advocate" had a cover praising gay spirit in "X-Men" and "Superman".
Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #508
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Creep,

Spare me what "other people" have said. YOU came here and said this nonsense. I saw the first two X-Men and can confidently say that I didn't see any "gayness" in it. If Singer treats Galactica like he did in X-Men 1 and 2, I'll be happy as Hell.

Like others, I didn't know Singer was gay until someone told me. Its certainly not something I've ever seen in his work. Your advocacy to the contrary isn't going to convince me otherwise and continues to establish an extremely negative view of who you are and what you're about, at least in my eyes.

If you have something relevant to say about the project then please state it. Otherwise, I'll politely ask you to cease your well masked gay-bashing, whether you feel its your own devising or is something that should be blamed on "other people".

Thank you,

Russell
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #509
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Exclamation Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

For the benefit of those who may have missed this, the first time it was posted, it's being repeated.

My advice will be to marry the thought to the back of your eyelids as this will be considered the FINAL Warning.

Quote:

Whether you appreciate his work or not, Bryan Singer is a well-respected director in the film industry and on this website.

Coincident with the open-minded attributes employed by many of our members, his "preference" makes no difference.
Sleep now
They are calling

Old August 18th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #510
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Now that I have discharged my official duties, I'm going to step back and share a few thoughts.

When I go to a movie or watch one on TV, the first thought is the story. Is it something that catches my imagination? That is what usually gets my behind in the theater seat, sometimes more than 1 time.

When I exit the movie, I'll ask myself if I was entertained. THAT is the only question that needs answering for me. I go to a movie to be entertained, not to debate the lifestyles of the principals involved in the movie.

The choice of a particular lifestyle is that of the person. However, since this society has elevated the news reporters and paparazzi to deity status and made their reports something of prime importance, it stands to reason that the opinion of the general public, regarding a particular person's lifestyle is something that needs to be discussed.

In other words, what the hell business is it of mine, regarding Singer's choice of lifestyle? Why should it be of concern to me and why would my opinion be of any importance to anyone but me? Why would I feel compelled to share that opinion?

Some of the best people that I have met, in my life, have been and are gay. I am not. But, years ago, we found that it made no difference in our friendship. We appreciated the other for the differences that we each "brought to the table". We practiced "diversity" long before it was en vogue and walked the talk before that, too, became a catch phrase.

In the end, it needs to be understood that Tolerance is the key to enlightenment.

No matter the difference -- Gay or Straight, Arab or Israeli, Muslim or Christian, Black or White -- tolerance of the "other" will elevate you.

Treat these thoughts as part of the conversation. Feedback is expected, as with any conversation.
Sleep now
They are calling