Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Old January 13th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #1
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Default 1/6 Starbuck resin kit in progres

Kinda new here, but I frequent a few of the other modeling boards.....anyhow, just wanted to share some pics of the Starbuck sculpt I have a guy in the Uk doing for me.

He still has a bit of work to do, but I'm hoping to get it into production in a few months. He also did the Cylon for me as well, which is currently available.

Charlie

chasd25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #2
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasd25
Kinda new here, but I frequent a few of the other modeling boards.....anyhow, just wanted to share some pics of the Starbuck sculpt I have a guy in the Uk doing for me.

He still has a bit of work to do, but I'm hoping to get it into production in a few months. He also did the Cylon for me as well, which is currently available.

Charlie

I have said it before, this is great work he is doing, and something cool for you to offer!
Old January 13th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #3
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Thanks! He does great work. Here's a few detail pics of the Cylon he did for me.

And built and painted:

Old January 13th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #4
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Wow, that's fantastic! Where can I get one!

Best,

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #5
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Peter,

I sell the Cylon kits via my website (I got a bunch of other non BSG figures as well).

www.maddogresin.com

Normally I sell these for $95 shipped, but if anyone here from Colonial Fleets wants one, I'll do them for $75 shipped in the USA. Just mention you saw it here.

Starbuck is probably about 2 months off, I'll post more pics when I get some more from the sculptor.

Email me at maddogresin@hotmail.com if interested.

Charlie
Old January 13th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #6
spcglider
Squadron Leader

that's pretty nifty!

So...you going with a fumarello in the mouth or not?

-Gordon
Old January 13th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #7
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Well, I've gone and treated myself, after the disappointment with the cancellation of the SMT Galactica Shuttle this looks likes a great kit and I'll buy Starbuck when it's offered.

Now, if only my TOS Raider kit would be ready for shipping, I'd be a happy man!
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #8
stephanb2006
Bad Email Address

Very nice Keep up the good work
stephanb2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #9
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the comments, and Peter, thanks for the order!

LOL ...sorry, no fumarello but that would be an easy mod. for someone to make.

Charlie
Old August 18th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #10
chasd25
Bad Email Address

This piece is almost ready for prime time! Its been a long time coming!

The castings are very nice, almost no filler needed, as every part falls on a natural joint!

Charlie
Old August 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #11
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Thanks for the update Charlie.

Any yes, I'll be ordering one.

Best,

Peter
Old August 26th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #12
Viper 04

Howdy Chasd25!

My buddy Steve or 'Qtan' is the guy who took your Cylon and painted him gold with the working eye and sound chip.....it took a Bronze at Wonderfest.

He used tiny surface mount LED's for the eye piece and then a dark tinted clear part was laid over them. The light kit was the set designed for the 1/24 scale KIT car from night rider. Then he downloaded the clyon eye sound from the web onto the Radio Shack recordable sound card....found a way so that it repeats and wha-la! its really cool!

This all that I can find on his project:

http://qtan.homestead.com/Workbench.html

I can say folks that the Cylon is a very well done kit! I believe a clear resin head is optional for the Cylon ...is that correct?

Good work Chas.

Is there any NEW pics of Starbuck?

Thanks! Troy aka Fluke.
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #13
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Now THAT is some sweet stuff!

One "Q" though... isn't Starbuck's hair parted on the other side?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 08:20 AM   #14
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Ah yes, I remeber when Qtan bought the clear head. I believe he was the only one to do so! His build up looked amazing! I saw pics of it on display at wonderfest. I've been meaning to ask him if I could use pics of it on my website!

THis one will be ready to ship out towards the end of next week.

I'm offering a very limited pre-order on the Starbuck piece. Regular Price will be $95 plus shipping, but the first 5 of you will get it for $80 shipped in the USA, $90 shipped overseas.

I got 4 left at this special price.

PM me, or email at

maddogresin@hotmail.com if interested!

Below is a pic of the whole sculpt, sorry, its a bit fuzzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 04
Howdy Chasd25!

My buddy Steve or 'Qtan' is the guy who took your Cylon and painted him gold with the working eye and sound chip.....it took a Bronze at Wonderfest.

He used tiny surface mount LED's for the eye piece and then a dark tinted clear part was laid over them. The light kit was the set designed for the 1/24 scale KIT car from night rider. Then he downloaded the clyon eye sound from the web onto the Radio Shack recordable sound card....found a way so that it repeats and wha-la! its really cool!

This all that I can find on his project:

http://qtan.homestead.com/Workbench.html

I can say folks that the Cylon is a very well done kit! I believe a clear resin head is optional for the Cylon ...is that correct?

Good work Chas.

Is there any NEW pics of Starbuck?

Thanks! Troy aka Fluke.
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:16 AM   #15
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Three buckles?

-Gordon
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:33 AM   #16
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcglider
Three buckles?

-Gordon
Nitpickers Unite!

Whoops, never noticed that before, looks like Mike missed the buckle on the bottom jacket edge.

I'm sure with a little epoxy putty, it can be put in, but this one is already molded, and cast up. So no going back and retooling.

Charlie
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:36 AM   #17
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Gordon= nitpicker (and proudly so!)

Seriously, though, it's a lovely sculpt. And you're right... anybody who takes this on as a project should have the skill to re-arrange the spacing and apply a hand-crafted buckle to the bottom of the jacket.

Just one of those funny things that happens!

-G
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:42 AM   #18
chasd25
Bad Email Address

I'm glad you like it. It was a bit of a labor of love for me and the sculpter. In all honesty, I don't expect this to be a huge seller.....but we both wanted it as a piece to pose opposite the cylon kit, so it was a bit of a back burner project. Work on it when time allows, and what not (which is why it took me so friggen long to get it molded up)! Thats probably how the buckle got overlooked........

Although the kit is nicely engineered, so that almost no filler on the seams will be needed. All the parts fall on natural creases/seams.

Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcglider
Gordon= nitpicker (and proudly so!)

Seriously, though, it's a lovely sculpt. And you're right... anybody who takes this on as a project should have the skill to re-arrange the spacing and apply a hand-crafted buckle to the bottom of the jacket.

Just one of those funny things that happens!

-G
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:49 AM   #19
Viper 04

Hey Charlie,

I spoke to Steve 'Qtan' and he said to just e-mail him and he will send you some pics. You can get his e-address at over at the Club House.

Cheers!

Troy :-)
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:20 AM   #20
jjrakman

That is really kick ass work. Love the Aura model too, Ornella Muti is one of my favorite broads. Too bad you're not doing anymore BSG, it would be cool to see some stuff that no one else has tackled, like the Ovions, or Imperious Leader. Maybe even a Being of Light.
Old September 1st, 2006, 05:03 PM   #21
jjrakman

If you ever do get the urge to do some of the aliens, here's a good list:

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ghlight=aliens
Old September 5th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #22
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 04
Hey Charlie,

I spoke to Steve 'Qtan' and he said to just e-mail him and he will send you some pics. You can get his e-address at over at the Club House.

Cheers!

Troy :-)
Thanks Troy!

Charlie
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #23
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrakman
That is really kick ass work. Love the Aura model too, Ornella Muti is one of my favorite broads. Too bad you're not doing anymore BSG, it would be cool to see some stuff that no one else has tackled, like the Ovions, or Imperious Leader. Maybe even a Being of Light.
Aura is a great piece. Chuck Needham did the sculpt on that one for me. Check out the painted pic below.

There's always a possiblity something will happen in the future, there's just nothing in the immediate plans. While something like the Cylon has widespread appeal, Starbuck, and the Ovions (most likely to be done)...not so much. And while I do this for the love of the charcters and hobby, I do try at least to break even, and I'm not so sure an Ovion would break even!

Charlie

Old September 5th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #24
cobywan
Shuttle Pilot

I'b buy an Ovion over Starbuck any day.

That's my two cents.
cobywan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #25
chasd25
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobywan
I'b buy an Ovion over Starbuck any day.

That's my two cents.
Well....that makes 3 of you!

Coby, I'm sure you understand the $$$ costs of garage kit producing, and it gets even higher when you have to pay someone to sculpt the piece for you!

If I knew I had 15 hard sales, I'd probably do it, but going from past experiences, for every 5 that says "I'd buy that" 1 or 2 actually pony up the cash.

Charlie
Old September 5th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #26
Viper 04

She iz STUNNING!! WOW! I'm in love 'again' ...how many times a day...I don't keep track

No really....NICE sculpt!
Old September 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM   #27
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjrakman
I agree with Jjrakman here!

bout time we had the other characters from Battlestar Galactica be modeled for a change rather than just Starbuck, Apollo, Adama or a Cylon Centurion. How come BG's the only series that barely has the other characters getting some limelight, wasn't the series somewhat famous for having so many other characters on the show.

Would surely be something great if say many other Galactica characters were crafted this way from the companies that did various model kits. I'd like to see a majority of BG characters turn up besides just Adama, Apollo and Starbuck for a change like; Boomer, Jolly, Sheba, Cassiopea, Tigh, Omega, Athena, Serina, Boxey and Muffit, Croft, Bojay, Commander Cain, Colonel Tolen, Count Baltar, Count Iblis, John, Beings Of Light (the seraph's in robes) Maga, Bora, Taba (The Borellian Nomen together as a set?), Commandant Leiter, Vulpa, Imperious Leader, Red Eye (with his colonial laser pistol like a gunfighter at his side, and tons of dents and scars on this Cylon frame?), gold robe wearing Cylon civilians (from 'LL') and aliens like the Ovions, Borays, and Tucan singer etc, and finally the I.L Cylons Lucifer and Spectre. Pity all these characters weren't all modeled? That would be a definite head turner and be very eyecatching to say the least. Along with serveal variants like say the white version of the Colonial Warrior combat suit from WOTG and EIT, the snow suited Colonial Warriors from GOIPZ or the 'black ops' Gear from 'LL' etc.

Its so puzzling over the years how a great classic sci-fi TV show with so many great characters hasn't spawned a whole range of toy figures or model statues/busts which show off how many fictional characters the series had!

Still praying for the day when McFarlane Toys could get around to doing TOS Battlestar Galactica figures/busts! Yeah i know a long shot, but who here would say no to that though???!

Regardless of whether or not certain characters would break even, and of course the time money and putting together all the 'molds' etc. we'd all love to see the majority of Galactica characters in a 3 dimensional model figure/bust wouldn't we! And the science fiction buff fans out there that are skilled enough in the craft and art of modeling do so to suit themselves anyhow.

Anyways. Neat stuff there chasd25

KJ
Old October 5th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #28
dragg

what kind of material you used?