Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 17th, 2002, 08:43 AM   #1
Apothis
On Vacation...

Question A Pro-Ron Moore Petition?

I was on the Sci Fi BBoards this morning and see someone posting as Moore_Man needing signatures for a pro-Ron Moore petition. Could this mean that Ron Moore is getting desperate for support? Is the e-mails and letter finally getting the message across to Universal? Very strange.
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 08:45 AM   #2
havoc315
Shuttle Pilot

More likely just a fan like myself who wants to turn the tide a bit.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 08:45 AM   #3
Apothis
On Vacation...

Default Here is the link

http://www.petitiononline.com/moore03/petition.html
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:12 AM   #4
dah66
Warrior

Turn the tide? The production is green lit. They have a director. They are actively casting. What am I missing? The Ron Moore tidal wave has crashed over the island, dude.

I'm still writing letters and sending e-mails to register my disappointment. Realistically, I'm wasting paper and stamps, but what the hell? It beats Christmas shopping.
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:26 AM   #5
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

There would be 2 sigs on it, RDM's and Havocs
LOL
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:29 AM   #6
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I'd say that Moore_Fan, unlike all the trolls and plants from last week, is a legitimate fan of Moore who wants to see him in charge. That's fine, he's not attacking anyone so more power to him. It is actually somewhat representative I think. Say every unique poster represents 10,000 potential viewers for the new Galactica. So far one maybe two, out of every twenty posters is happy about the new production. That's a good indicator of its success. Certainly not a scientifically accurate indicator, but neither is the Nielsen system.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:43 AM   #7
LucianG
Warrior

Petition signature:

8. Devin Richards

With TrekLord signing, I wonder how many other Universal/StudiosUSA/SciFi employees are signing.
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:46 AM   #8
Afan2
Bad Email Address

Well, the signatures on the petition seem fake to me (two names, all of them; he's probably taking them out of a phone book). That makes him a troll, as far as I'm concerned, albeit perhaps a "benign" one.

[Added: Not to mention that Ron Moore doesn't need any support. If I were a fan pleased with Ron Moore, I would just wait and see. After all, the SciFi Channel is on his side, and he did say that his production had been greenlit. So why bother? Except to annoy the non-Moore supporters...]

Last edited by Afan2; December 17th, 2002 at 09:49 AM..
Afan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:48 AM   #9
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Good point

owd
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 10:03 AM   #10
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Perhaps, I guess it's just because we so rarely see a "benign" Moore supporter that I'm inclined to accept some one like Moore_Man. There has to be one out there somewhere, right?

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 10:25 AM   #11
vmnjn
Bad Email Address

Default Creepy

I still can't get over the feeling that any series Moore got to rewrite would end up the same way. While Buck Rogers had more "intimacy" initially, the Draconian Queen, it ended up being pretty tame.

If Moore redid Buck Rogers, with the mood he is in, I have a feeling that we would see the Draconian Queen "on top" alot more than BR fans would expect.

BG:Redo has just had the misfortune to be in the wrong place at the right time.

While the pressure to make a BG product was increasing, there was not enough pressure to use a specific individual to develop the product.

I am seeing disturbing similarities between BG:Redo and G80. I hope that the end result however at least reaches the quality of the original BG.

Despite the conflicts between ABC and Larson BG, was mostly a "family" scifi show. While that required certain compromises overall it was very entertaining. With what B5 proved was possible for scifi series I know many fans would hope the same could be done for BG. It does not look like this is going to happen.

All I can do is watch the finished product, without the family. If it is well done and, most impotantly, fun, I will lobby for a series. If not I will lobby for someone else to try their hand at interpreting Larson's original vision.

While I am glad some work is being done, it feels like Moore is not trying to improve BG. It feels like Moore is trying to prove something. I know it sounds odd, but it seems like BG is strictly a means to an end for him.
vmnjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 10:40 AM   #12
crash4587
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Creepy

Quote:
[

Despite the conflicts between ABC and Larson BG, was mostly a "family" scifi show. While that required certain compromises overall it was very entertaining.

[/B]
This is why the Cylons were changed to Robots
crash4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 12:03 PM   #13
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default The Universal people are nothing...........

Wait till this petition hits the 'Trek' websites

Quote:
Originally posted by LucianG Petition signature:

8. Devin Richards

With TrekLord signing, I wonder how many other Universal/StudiosUSA/SciFi employees are signing.
'Trek' fans will go nuts, felgercarb remember 'Earth the Final Conflict' anything that has a 'Trek' background like screenwriter 'Ronald D. Moore', yes even the guy that killed Kirk, those sheep will flock to that petition, and flock like pigeons to his 'Battlestar lite', get ready for posts on this bboard in 'Klingon'.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote