Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 20th, 2002, 03:49 PM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default OT: Next up for a remake.......................

CHiPs!

Oh...my...God!

I read it on teletext this week. The new show will be set in San Francisco.

Peter
Old December 20th, 2002, 03:54 PM   #2
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Don't forget the new Dragnet starting next month with Ed "Married with Children" O'Neil as Friday!

Word has it Friday's spine will light up whenever he says, "Just the facts Ma'am"

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2002, 08:33 PM   #3
LucianG
Warrior

Oh, and don't forget Nicole Kidman starring as Samantha Stevens in the new "Bewitched" (God rest Elizabeth Montgomery's soul), but that's still not rock bottom.

Ready for this one?

There's talk about a "Three's Company" reunion! If I remember correctly, Jack a least got a live-in girlfriend, if not a wife, and opened the Bistro in "Three's a Crowd." Please, those of you in charge of Hollywood, leave it at that and don't torture us. Please!

NOOOOOOO!!!!
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:08 PM   #4
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Nicole as Sammy Stevens? Wow she's going to be busy in the future. She's also suppose to play Leonardo DiCaprio's mom in Alexander the Great. (yup, Leo is the greek conquerer)
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2002, 12:30 PM   #5
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I've also heard something about a remake of Blake's 7 and a feature version of Starsky & Hutch with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. There's also been talk of a "re-imagined" Miami Vice.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2002, 01:54 PM   #6
Fëanor
Shuttle Pilot

'I've also heard something about a remake of Blake's 7'

they did that already... they called it Farscape....

Kai
Fëanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2002, 04:01 PM   #7
The Blue Mule
Warrior

Hey remember that old RD Moore show Battelstar Galactica,I heard that someone was gonna go back to the original Galactica and make a sprawling epic continuation, wow just cant wait!

Sarcasim isnt my strong suit,.....sorrry guys, ill shut up now

laters

Rich
Old December 23rd, 2002, 05:57 AM   #8
dah66
Warrior

There's the remake of the Bionic Woman where Jamie is now a newscaster. Um, why would the government want to spend millions of dollars rebuilding a newscaster? If the new Jamie is anything like Barbara Walters, she will be able to make the bad guy cry on camera before she kicks his arse in slow motion.

There's the 'new' Tarzan that takes place in New York -- and Jane's a cop. I wonder if Ron Moore had something to do with this one?

Still, as much as I love these two properties, I don't plan on writing a single letter or signing a single petition to stop the madness. Why? Simple, because there is a difference between love and passion.

I feel passionately about Battlestar Galactica and that is why I am here on this board. That is why I write letters and send e-mail's. That is why I proudly count myself as a member of the Fan Force. Networks don't understand this type of loyalty. That is why we are seeing this endless stream of half-baked remakes and re-imagined disasters.

Thank God for video. With this, I can watch the real Jamie Summers fight the bad guys in slow motion.

Thank God for books. With these, I can imagine the real Tarzan swinging in the jungle -- not hailing a cab in the Big Apple.

Dave
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2002, 12:45 PM   #9
KJ
Strike Leader

Hey dah66 years back a Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman remake would have been a great idea. But in light of no originally in Hollyweird for the past couple of years. Anystinking remake that comes out of Hollywood is bound to sound bad, be bad, is on the cheap, has tons of badly done CGI, has actor who will sleepwalk through the snorefest, won't earn back it's budget let alone make any profit and will suck worse than a giant sized gobstopper candy cane stick!

Hey Hollywood A.K.A. Bizarroland why don't you remake Knightrider, The A-Team while your at it. Oh yeah you are planning that aren't you, gee whiz (Hah)

KJ

There's a sarcastic reply for you!
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2002, 01:54 PM   #10
dah66
Warrior

Kingjason,

At one point Chris Rock was going to play the new Six Million Dollar Man. Nothing against Chris Rock, but I'm glad that project fell through.

Hollywood is creatively bankrupt.
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2002, 02:48 PM   #11
KJ
Strike Leader

Dah66 get hold of the "Six Million Dollar Man" outline done by Kevin Smith, last seen on Corona i think?

Ah well life goes on, i must say next years movie list which aren't remakes is looking Damn GOOD!

Daredevil

Hulk

Richard Donner's "Timeline"

X-Men 2

Matrix Reloaded

LXG The League of Extrodinary Gentlemen

Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines

Pirates of the Carribean

Jason Vs Freddy

Once upon a Time in Mexico

Helldorado

Lord of The Rings Return Of The King

Matrix Revolutions

Kill Bill

Fast And The Furious 2

Shanghi Knights

Bulletproof Monk

Bad Boys 2

Jet Li's "Hero"

and yes that Charlie's Angels 2 thing as well

2003 let the competition begin

KJ

Last edited by KJ; December 24th, 2002 at 04:07 PM..
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2002, 03:39 AM   #12
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote