Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old September 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM   #1
Sarika
Strike Leader

Default A Colonial Brother in need of support

Hello everyone,

One of our colonial brothers here and my best friend, CBSG4ever, has lost a very good friend of his just at the beginning of this week. I know he's grieving right now, and could use the support of his online colonial family in addition right now.

Steve is one of the loveliest people I know, and I know everyone here would agree, and so I ask that we lend our support and friendship and prayers to him during this difficult and sad time for him.

Steve, don't hesitate to call on any of us here, if you need someone.
I'm always there for you too.
You're in my prayers and thoughts.

May the great light within give you comfort and guidance.

Your winglady, ever standing by,
Sarika

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #2
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: A Colonial Brother in need of support

CBSG4ever condolances on your sad loss mate .. you have of course my prayers for your loss. as Sarika rightly said .. were here for you

take care

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #3
Aphrodite
Socialator

We're all here for you!

Aphrodite's Facebook Page
Battlestar Galactica Club
GalacticaBBS Global Moderator
Battlestar FanclubWebsite Moderator

Aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

My thoughts are with you, as well, Steve.

A loss like this is never easy. You have our support.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #5
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Steve,

I echo the thoughts of those who posted before me. Whether it's something that you'd rather talk about on a thread, on a PM, or not at all, we understand and just want you to know that we're here for you, if needed.

Like John said, it's never easy..... when I was 25, I lost a friend at the ripe young age of 24. It was devastating to our little group but, we got through it. Time does help to heal the open wound but, never truly takes away the pain.

Take care,

Pete
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #6
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

My thoughts and prayers are with you Steve. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. You know where home is.

Lots of love,
Diane

www.myspace.com/kamikazeathena
www.bewitchingelegance.com
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #7
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

That is sad news, Steve. My condolences to you and your friend's family.

StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 01:55 AM   #8
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Hello everyone.
This has been a very difficult week but I am dealing with the initial shock and disbelief of this loss. I had known my very dear friend for over 5 1/2 years. When I heard the news on Sunday (9/14) of her passing, it felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach. I had just seen her the day before on Saturday! I could not believe it.

Without divulging too much personal info about my friend, some background might be helpful.
About 3 years ago she was having some extreme difficulties in life. Very bad difficulties in her marriage, a back pain that no one took her seriously about until it was discovered several months later that two disks needed to be fused. By then she had become dependent on painkillers that the doctors prescribed for her. This was the beginning of her downfall. She became addicted to them and began acquiring them under the table. During this time I had not seen her much. Was going through my own issues and problems. When I did see her, I was appalled! I almost didn't recognize her she had lost so much weight.
Rehab followed and she seemed to make a rebound. Loosing her house due to not being able to work (she was the breadwinner) didn't help her situation. She finally had the surgery to her back.

The surgery did not succeed and with that failure the pain returned. She was starting down a very dark path again with painkillers and we were all extremely concerned. Saturday (9/13) she went to bed and never awakened. The final results are not back yet but we suspect an accidental overdose. She was 28 and left behind a 5 yr old son, husband and friends all wondering why such a young person had to die.

The word that keeps popping into my head is tragic. It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I felt totally helpless at times. Wanting to help but not being able to help. The situation was...complicated. I can't help but think, maybe if I had done or said something differently, she might have listened to me. I wish the message we were all conveying would have "sunk in" and could have changed the outcome of this horrible situation. This was preventable, and that's what is so sad.

I and a few others came up with an idea to help our friend as a final tribute or gesture. We are thinking of setting up a trust fund for her son. I think my friend would've appreciated that a lot.
On a personal note, I am doing better these days. The wake and funeral on Wed/Thurs (respectively) seemed to help all of us deal with this tragedy. As BST said, time will heal the open wound.

I shall not forget her. She will be deeply missed.

Again, I find myself in awe of the kindness and generosity of the people here at Fleets. This has been a very difficult 2 months for me. I very much appreciate the kind words, well wishes and prayers everyone here has expressed and extended to me. I am deeply touched and moved.
This site has the most thoughtful, supportive and generous people in all the internet. (No disrespect intended to Tombs of Kobol or Battlestar Galactica Club ) Words cannot adequately express how I feel. I am honored to be a part of such a wonderful site and to have friends such as you. It is quite simply...home. Thank You all so much and best to everyone here. A very special thanks to one of my best friends, Sarika.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM   #9
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

From one Steve to another, my deepest condolences on your loss.
Old September 21st, 2008, 10:29 PM   #10
Sarika
Strike Leader

Hon, anything for you. I'm glad to hear you are coping with it all, and one thing I know that keeps a person going in such times is friends to help us along the way. I will always deeply appreciate the friends who helped me last year. And I second what you said about this family being wonderful to us all!We are indeed a brotherhood/sistership community!

I was deeply sorry to know of your friend's passing, and I think too she would be grateful for the trust fund idea for her son. You truely are a "Friend".

Stay well yourself, and hope to hear from you when you're ready.

God Bless you sweetie.

The Last Piscon Siress

Old September 25th, 2008, 06:36 AM   #11
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Just dropping in to let you know you are loved.

Hugs,
Diane

www.myspace.com/kamikazeathena
www.bewitchingelegance.com
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #12
Cylon Number 13
Renegade Humanocylon

Hey, Steve. I am saddened to hear about the loss of your friend. You have my condolences. I can understand your pain at suddenly losing someone close to you. I lost a cousin of mine about fours years ago in a tragic accident that could have been prevented. It still hurts to this day to think about it. In fact, thinking about it right now brings tears to my eyes, so I can really feel for you. The pain of losing her will lessen in time, and you may feel like crying even later on down the road, but remember that you can always count on us here at Colonial Fleets. So if you ever want to talk just drop me a line at my e-mail address. And if you ever want to talk in person so to speak, just PM/E-mail me and I'll e-mail you my Cell #. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. TTYL, my Colonial Brother.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what's the charge this time? - Lee Adama

Striking a superior @$$hole. - Kara Thrace

Ah. I bet you've been waiting all day to say that one. - Lee Adama

Most of the afternoon, yeah. - Kara Thrace

Right. - Lee Adama

Cylon Number 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:05 PM   #13
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

I was just given an update from the sister of my friend that passed away. Toxicology Report from the Medical Examiners Office was received by the family and states that my friend passed away from a lethal dose of 3 drugs.
Cause of Death: Accidental Overdose.

I had suspected that was the cause.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:39 AM   #14
Sarika
Strike Leader

It's saddening to know this was the sole cause, and it probably brings back the pain of losing your friend, but hang in there Steve, and remember she is in a peaceful place that has no pain, nor lack of anything. Keep the memory of her spirit in your heart and know her spirit does live on.

Here for you always.
(missed patrol with you lately, but you take good care hon, and ttys)

The Last Piscon Siress

Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:22 AM   #15
gmd3d
Major

Sorry to hear that Steve ..

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote