Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old July 26th, 2003, 08:16 AM   #1
The Blue Mule
Warrior

Default Apples in Space?

I'm sure you guys read this but here it is anyway:

Last Friday at the San Diego Comic-Con The Sci-Fi Channel hosted a panel promoting their upcoming relaunch of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, a four-hour mini-series starring Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell. In attendance were stars Jamie Bamber (Apollo), Katee Sackoff (Starbuck), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), screenwriter Ronald Moore (STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE) and producer David Eick. Edward James Olmos had been promised to attend but was a no-show.

The hour-long panel included the stars and creators talking about the impetus behind the "re-imagining" of Glen A. Larson's sci-fi series and what fans can expect to see. The new trailer for the mini-series was also screened to fans which numbered easily over 1,000 in attendance.

Eick revealed that the plan is to definitely launch an ongoing BATTLESTAR series should ratings prove to be successful for the mini. He also talked about the designs for the new Viper, Cylon Raider and the Galactica, saying that they are "very close" to the original show's look. However, the inside of the Galactica is very different from the 1970s look, resembling the interior of today's battleships moreso than a spaceship. Moore said that this was an intentional thing to play up the aspect that this culture is very similar to our own even though they might have space travel, lasers and robots.

To further draw the comparison, writer Ronald Moore said that he chose to include a scene at the start of the first episode that shows a man eating an apple and not some strange alien fruit.

Moore also answered a fan's question that there will be a Boxey character in the show but no daggits or a new Muffit. "I couldn't do that to a chimp," said Moore, cracking a joke about the trained monkey that operated the Muffit suit in the original GALACTICA.

Sackoff, who plays Starbuck, commented on how easy it was for her to pretend she was in a space fighter. "As soon as you put on the helmet something just flicks on," the actress told fans.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA premieres on The Sci-Fi Channel this December.

Moore Couldn't do that to a chimp but its OK for him to let a strugggling actress, or stripper to perform or have fake sex on a set of a sci fi production! What a Chump! And the Apples comment what a weak argument on why to change a Science Fiction show to Science Reality show.

Moore is PURE Anti SCI FI. What a Putz!

Rich
Old July 26th, 2003, 01:55 PM   #2
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Moore is PURE Anti SCI FI. What a Putz!
No, Rich, he's not. He's Star Trek. That's all the sci-fi he has any real experience with. He has, by our lights, royally botched OUR franchise because of his abilities or lack thereof. That doesn't make him anti-anything. It makes him the wrong choice for a BSG revival, but it doesn't make him anti-anything.

I have said it elsewhere, I will said it here. Moore is no longer a viable target to effect any kind of change. Our efforts must now be directed in supporting another, a faithful rendition of the BSG universe, through the purchase of the original series DVD, and spreading the word of this Abomination so the viewership is so low they'll drop any idea of continuing it.

In other words, we've got to quit hammering at the man and direct our energies where they will do the most good.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 09:11 AM   #3
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I agree with you Dawg in the fact that he was DEFINATELY
the WRONG PERSON for the JOB!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 09:53 AM   #4
Kai
3D Pioneers Leader
Victorian Engineer

question?

whats so important about the apple? lol.. it's a minor thing compared to everything else.. yet the apple seems to be important..

sorry just don't get why it's so important
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 05:08 PM   #5
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

It's not IMPORTANT KAI ........It's an EXCUSE,
to say that he was toooooo lazy to even try
to THINK of a ALIEN FRUIT!
Old July 30th, 2003, 06:14 PM   #6
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

No, wait a sec, all of you.

Remember, apples were in the original series, too.

Star trek is the one with the blue celery.

Remember - in the real BSG, their ancestors are our ancestors. Why couldn't apples and other fruits/vegetables/meat sources have come with them to Earth?

Thought to ponder.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 07:22 AM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

That's true Dawg ......thanks for clearing the air.
I can't believe I forgot about that!

Maybe YOU could tell RON MOORE that he was WRONG
and that APPLES were indeed in the ORIGINAL SERIES!