Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > All About Models
Notices
All About Models Information on making models, real or CGI. Tutorials as well.
Requests and questions should be posted here.

Old March 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #1
TechnoCop
Just Lost My Cherry!

Cool A video game soon?

Hi!

There's a lot of talent here!

Could it be possible for someone to produce a MOD or a small simulator?

I think it's time to have a Good PC Game for the fans!
TechnoCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Aries
Bad Email Address

Default Re: A video game soon?

I'm working on a game..

http://www.galacticagames.org

An RTS is the next upcoming project...

But I'm still al lone wolf on this

Oh The mail adress on the webpage does not work use EdwinMartens@ziggo.nl instead
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:10 PM   #3
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Aries,

I'd like to say something very important, and that's don't give up. Over the last few weeks I spoken to several former regular members of CF who have basically 'given up'. That's why some sites, like my fanfilm site, haven't been updated as much as I'd like....because the fanfilms aren't being made as often as they were before.

But if we give up....there will be even less....

Keep going, take pride in being a lone wolf, it will be worth it...........
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

I liked the demo it was quite fun to play and it looks really good too.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 04:49 AM   #5
Aries
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125 View Post
Aries,

I'd like to say something very important, and that's don't give up. Over the last few weeks I spoken to several former regular members of CF who have basically 'given up'. That's why some sites, like my fanfilm site, haven't been updated as much as I'd like....because the fanfilms aren't being made as often as they were before.

But if we give up....there will be even less....

Keep going, take pride in being a lone wolf, it will be worth it...........
If you make films...
How about intro films and cutscenes ?
Old April 23rd, 2010, 12:04 PM   #6
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Hi,

Sorry, I don't make the fanfilms....I just host and display them in the one place, to give osBSG fanfilms a home on the web.
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:20 AM   #7
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoCop View Post
Hi!

There's a lot of talent here!

Could it be possible for someone to produce a MOD or a small simulator?

I think it's time to have a Good PC Game for the fans!
I am working towards an FPS mod currently using the Cryengine2 of Crysis. I am a LONG ways away from really having something show. In fact the mod will probably be ported to Cryengine3 when Crysis2 comes out before I offer a demo. Currently I am building some core 3d assets and a very few test maps. I have most of the plot lines roughly sketched out also. At some point I will open it up and possibly get a mod team together so others may contribute and progress can accelerate, but right now I'm keeping development private as a "personal hobby interactive art project".

There have been Freespace and Homeworld mods in the past.

There is another Cryengine2 based mod under development but it seems space combat centered and is also based on GINO rather than TOS. I am not involved in that.

In the late 90's I did a "flight sim toolkit" ( FST by Domark, not MS flight sim) with vipers and raiders. it had one level where you could fly a raider in a formation of about 300 (yes 300) other raiders through a long canyon and then attack a colonial base. It was fun but real low tech.

In the mid 90's there was some sort of online test RPG, "Battlestar mush" I think it was called. I never played it though.

Anything we do that is made public must be done VERY carefully to avoid being shut down by the lawyers. This happens to a lot of mods.
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #8
Aries
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher454 View Post
I am working towards an FPS mod currently using the Cryengine2 of Crysis. I am a LONG ways away from really having something show. In fact the mod will probably be ported to Cryengine3 when Crysis2 comes out before I offer a demo. Currently I am building some core 3d assets and a very few test maps. I have most of the plot lines roughly sketched out also. At some point I will open it up and possibly get a mod team together so others may contribute and progress can accelerate, but right now I'm keeping development private as a "personal hobby interactive art project".

There have been Freespace and Homeworld mods in the past.

There is another Cryengine2 based mod under development but it seems space combat centered and is also based on GINO rather than TOS. I am not involved in that.

In the late 90's I did a "flight sim toolkit" ( FST by Domark, not MS flight sim) with vipers and raiders. it had one level where you could fly a raider in a formation of about 300 (yes 300) other raiders through a long canyon and then attack a colonial base. It was fun but real low tech.

In the mid 90's there was some sort of online test RPG, "Battlestar mush" I think it was called. I never played it though.

Anything we do that is made public must be done VERY carefully to avoid being shut down by the lawyers. This happens to a lot of mods.
Would you be willing to make some topview shots of the models to use in my game(s) ?
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #9
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
Would you be willing to make some topview shots of the models to use in my game(s) ?
I'd be more than happy to do that when I have them finished enough to do so.
ALL of my BSG projects will at some point be made fully available. I dont work fast, and my progress has frequent long pauses (lasting several months usually) but it will get done eventually.