Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old August 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM   #1
Bijou88

Stargate Stargate; Atlantis cancelled!!!!

Yep, Sciffy has done it again. The show will end its five year run this January with episode 100. There is the usual bla bla bla about follow up movies and dvd releases. This sucks. I guess they had to free up more time for wrestling and such.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:19 PM   #2
Bijou88

Default Re: Stargate; Atlantis cancelled!!!!

It appears a New Stargate series is in the works:

A third live-action "Stargate" series, "Stargate: Universe," will launch early next year on the SciFi Channel.

Surely there was room for two series? Maybe it was too expensive to pay the cast for a sixth year?
Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

I was hopeing for a 10 year run but there may be hope

http://www.multichannel.com/index.as...leid=CA6589329
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:18 AM   #4
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou88 View Post
Yep, Sciffy has done it again. The show will end its five year run this January with episode 100. There is the usual bla bla bla about follow up movies and dvd releases. This sucks. I guess they had to free up more time for wrestling and such.

100 eps does seem to be the magic number for syndication.

Perhaps movies being aired on a more infrequent basis may actually pique interest in the show by cross-marketing them via the syndicated eps.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Although I have been a great fan of all the Stargate shows I am not surprised by any of this. There is a new movement in how the networks want to do their shows, how they want to influence a newer and younger crowd for future viewing.

Star Trek has been going down this road and SciFi and other Drama stations are no different. We are in an age were mindless action and stupid reality ideas are part of the new and better shows. The way we have viewed all of our television shows is now obsolete compared to the way things are done today...just take the new BSG as a great example and the new upcoming Star Trek Movie...even the new Star Wars animation movie.

I guess we have to get REAL stupid before we can do anything great and outstanding again. I guess the network guys think that if they can push all of this crap on us for a while and then all of a sudden they finally put out the type and quality we have been experiencing “all this time” before the great change it'll seem "like new" again.

I have said this for years now, we need a fan based ran network that determines the outcome of successful and desired shows.
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #6
GDafi
Shuttle Pilot

Well that pretty well sucks
GDafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

I watch Sci-fi mostly for fun and to get away. I like the action and adventure. If I want drama I would watch the soaps, YUK
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #8
ulimann644
Captain Tar´Kyren Dheran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST View Post
100 eps does seem to be the magic number for syndication.
I think it´s also a good number of eps for telling a famous story without too much unnecessary stuff ( see Babylon 5 - 110 eps. )

I´m more a fan of one basic story that´s told over 100 eps. as dozens of incoherent stories told over 250 eps.

Also it´s a good idea to see more often some new figures in a new story IMO - why not a Star-Trek-Academy Series or a series about the Xindi...???

Forum:
FAN-FICTION TOTAL
Homepage:
RED UNIVERSE
FanFiction-Pages (german):
STAR TREK - ICICLE
STAR TREK - BREAKABLE
ulimann644 is offline   Reply With Quote