Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 4th, 2004, 03:21 PM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Message from Joss Whedon about Serenity

Source: Prospero.com's Firefly movie message board

"Today was (as I think you know) the first day of filming of Serenity. Which is pretty big for me (it felt weird to START with Mal's death, but scheduling isn't my area). It was a blast. Sean said it was like school was back in session after summer vacation, which I have decided to take as a compliment. Gina did a happy dance (and there are few happier sights than Gina doing a happy dance). We're still flying. And the best part is, that's not even why I'm posting.

The real news, and you heard it here first, is that Universal has thrown down an official release date! So mark your calendars, Browncoats, 'cause if you're planning to get married on April 22nd 2005, you better change the date. Seriously. Who gets married in April? Just change it.

April 22nd. Exactly when I wanted to open, 'cause it's SOON. I can't wait for you all to see what we're putting together. It's a crazy-quilt of infotainment that like to call a 'film', and it just may be the best one ever made. Or one of the ones in the middle. Probably not the worst... I'm thinking middle. High middle. So buckle up and get ready for that patented Joss Whedon "high-middle" excitment. It's on its way.

I'm tired, and apparently I have to direct, like, EVERY scene, so I'm
crashing. Thanks again, all of you, for helping me home. It's good to be back.

-joss."
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #2
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble

"Today was (as I think you know) the first day of filming of Serenity. Which is pretty big for me (it felt weird to START with Mal's death, but scheduling isn't my area). It was a blast. Sean said it was like school was back in session after summer vacation, which I have decided to take as a compliment. Gina did a happy dance (and there are few happier sights than Gina doing a happy dance). We're still flying. And the best part is, that's not even why I'm posting.

The real news, and you heard it here first, is that Universal has thrown down an official release date! So mark your calendars, Browncoats, 'cause if you're planning to get married on April 22nd 2005, you better change the date. Seriously. Who gets married in April? Just change it.

April 22nd. Exactly when I wanted to open, 'cause it's SOON. I can't wait for you all to see what we're putting together. It's a crazy-quilt of infotainment that like to call a 'film', and it just may be the best one ever made. Or one of the ones in the middle. Probably not the worst... I'm thinking middle. High middle. So buckle up and get ready for that patented Joss Whedon "high-middle" excitment. It's on its way.

I'm tired, and apparently I have to direct, like, EVERY scene, so I'm
crashing. Thanks again, all of you, for helping me home. It's good to be back.

-joss."
Fantastic News Peter! I can't wait to see it
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM   #3
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble

Spoiler
(it felt weird to START with Mal's death, but scheduling isn't my area)

-joss."

What? Say it ain't so! I may have to go check out advance notice on this and I HATE knowing what is going to happen! Grrrrrr.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:17 AM   #4
Artemis
Warrior

Mal can't die! I choose to believe it to just be one of Joss's jokes and will wait till the movie.
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:24 AM   #5
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I checked into it and Joss didn't acknowledge that it was a joke but everyone seemed to think it was. Good thing I have a strong heart, that shock could've killed me! Let's hope he was just kidding.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote