Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > All About Models
Notices
All About Models Information on making models, real or CGI. Tutorials as well.
Requests and questions should be posted here.

Old November 8th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Aggie_John

Default Looking for 3d max models of new BSG ships

Does anyone know where I can find some of the new series ships in 3d max format? Or can anyone help me convert some of the excellent ships here to 3d max useable formats. I am trying to create a mod for Galctic Civ II, which is a highly addictive turn based game similart to the Civ series but in space. If anyone can help I would be for ever thankful.
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:27 AM   #2
gmd3d
Major

Sorry .. no . David Kerin has Tos Models but no new series . models have been made but most are not available publicly
http://www.battlestargalactica.com/c...models_001.htm

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #3
billy-home
Email Unconfirmed

The only MAX versions I know of are wjaspers, wil has made the Galactica, a Raider and a Centurion, there is a MAX version of the Raptor over at Sci-Fi Mashes, but there's not any other's I know of at all, most of the new stuff seems to be mostly LW
billy-home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #4
Aggie_John

Yeah I have seen them and have begun to play around with some of those models. Does anyone then know of a converter from lightwave to 3d max. I found one but the demo cuts out 1 out of every 5 polys or something. The end result is a cut up look to the model. So if their is a shareware version or something that would be great. I dont need a bunch of fancy options or anything.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #5
wjaspers
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie_John
Yeah I have seen them and have begun to play around with some of those models. Does anyone then know of a converter from lightwave to 3d max. I found one but the demo cuts out 1 out of every 5 polys or something. The end result is a cut up look to the model. So if their is a shareware version or something that would be great. I dont need a bunch of fancy options or anything.

[IMG][/IMG]

So now you go converted MAX into LW files, convert to MAX
wjaspers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #6
Aggie_John

Yeah I see how stupid that is, but it was all I had to work with. But wow your the guy who created the original max file? I love you work its the best model I have ever seen. I hope I did not disrespect by converting to game format without talking to you first. I didnt know how to get a hold of you. I am new to the modeling experence and just want to have my favorite ship in game if nothing else for my own personal use. But if you dont want me to I'll drop the whole thing.
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #7
wjaspers
Shuttle Pilot

No problem, just wanted to say how odd it was, converting back to Max.
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #8
gmd3d
Major

wjasper . just like to say myself how much I like your work. While I am a lightwave user there are time when I see the work out there i think .....should I or not convert .... but for know I'll stick to LW

Old November 16th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #9
Aggie_John

wjasper, thanks that means alot to me. I love the new battlestar galactica and your model is the best I have seen out their.

This may seem forward but is there a way for me to get a copy of your model in the originial max format, the convertion tool works but its a demo and keeps cutting up the model which dosent do you model justice its also kind odd to convert someting from max to lv to max to x format, thats a whole lota converting and much is lost in the transfer. If not thats fine, i just siked to have my favorite ships in game now.
Old November 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #10
wjaspers
Shuttle Pilot

I will provide a DL link during the weekend, if a webmaster is reading this also, maybe he can DL it also an host it here for future members.
Old November 16th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #11
wjaspers
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
wjasper . just like to say myself how much I like your work. While I am a lightwave user there are time when I see the work out there i think .....should I or not convert .... but for know I'll stick to LW

Exactly, sometimes I see LW meshes and I wonder if I should convert to LW, tried it once, but I suck using LW
Old November 16th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #12
Aggie_John

Wjaspers, thanks you so much for the privage.
Old November 17th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #13
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjaspers
I will provide a DL link during the weekend, if a webmaster is reading this also, maybe he can DL it also an host it here for future members.
A great addition to the Fleet ..

Old November 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM   #14
wjaspers
Shuttle Pilot

Here is the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/4066302/galactica.zip